"Disco Inferno" 1.5 deck

hawkwind

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2005
Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

Greetings, All--

There are a number of Legacy (the format formerly known as 1.5)
tournaments coming to my neck of the woods. At first, I was going to
be running a modified version of Ravenger Affinity, but then I decided
to go a different route: mono-red. I call it "Disco Inferno"--because
it's all about burn, baby, burn! Bad jokes aside, here's the deck
list:

4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Jackal Pup
4x Cursed Scroll

4x Lightning Bolt
4x Chain Lightning
4x Incinerate
4x Fireblast
4x Browbeat
3x Lava Spike
3x Scent of Cinder

3x Shrapnel Blast
1x Fork
1x Pithing Needle

9x Mountain
4x Great Furnace
4x Barbarian Ring

Sideboard:
4x Red Elemental Blast
4x Price of Progress
2x Breaking Point
3x Rack & Ruin
2x Pithing Needle

Comments/questions are welcome!

Thanks!

Scott

RisseR

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy (More info?)

I'm no pro at this, but what about Arc-Slogger? Uncounterable damage,
you know? I know he showed up in a lot of more recent burn decks, and
he basically means when your opponent hits 8 life, they die.

Also, you might want Boseiju, Who Shelters All to give your spells some
uncounterability. Similarly, Overmaster.

I think the one problem with decks like this is that they burn out
soooo quickly. Unless you have a way to refill your hand, you run out
of steam.

Forgotten Cave sometimes helps to be able to draw new cards if I've got
land, but if you need that extra land and it only comes in tapped,
you're hurtin'.

Two of my favorite red creatures are Slith Firewalker and Viashino
Sandstalker. Sandstalker is 4 burn for three mana, expensive, but
reusable .

Also, check out Spark Elemental. He's 3 damage for R, but with trample
and haste, he's going to hammer a creature (or creatures) of your
opponent's choice and/or your opponent.

An interesting card if you are seeing a lot of Ravager: Artifact Blast.

Anyway, just some ideas.
Peter

TRENDING THREADS