dell latitude cpxj 650

Hi

I bought dell latitude laptop.

At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my
keyboard acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2
or more letters.

I changed keyboard but it happens again.

Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?

Thx for all answers.

oen.
5 answers Last reply
More about dell latitude cpxj

    Go to Start / Control Panel / Keyboard & change the repeat rate to a lower
    setting.

    Tom J

    "oen" <oen@[at].cut.it.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I bought dell latitude laptop.
    >
    > At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my keyboard
    > acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2 or more
    > letters.
    >
    > I changed keyboard but it happens again.
    >
    > Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?
    >
    > Thx for all answers.
    >
    > oen.

    HI
    > Go to Start / Control Panel / Keyboard & change the repeat rate to a lower
    > setting.

    There is another problem I`ve forgotten to mention:
    sometimes when I press button it is pushed twice or more but sometimes
    is does not react at all.

    For sure with software everything is ok (btw it`s linux).

    Thanks
    oen.

    "oen" <oen@[at].cut.it.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I bought dell latitude laptop.
    >
    > At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my keyboard
    > acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2 or more
    > letters.
    >
    > I changed keyboard but it happens again.
    >
    > Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?
    >
    > Thx for all answers.
    >
    > oen.

    Are cooling fans kicking in at the same time that you have keyboard
    problems?

    Craig

    > Are cooling fans kicking in at the same time that you have keyboard
    > problems?

    Not really, but I noticed that when I "open" my laptop and remove the
    keyboard and put it again then it works all right but after a while
    (especially when bottom is warm) it happens again.

    It's all to do with the Dell 8I K key problem try reseating the keyboard 1st
    failing that replace it

    >> Are cooling fans kicking in at the same time that you have keyboard
    >> problems?
    >>

    > Not really, but I noticed that when I "open" my laptop and remove the
    > keyboard and put it again then it works all right but after a while
    > (especially when bottom is warm) it happens again.

Dell Latitude Keyboards Computers