dell latitude cpxj 650

Last response: in Computer Brands
January 7, 2005 6:17:29 PM

Hi

I bought dell latitude laptop.

At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my
keyboard acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2
or more letters.

I changed keyboard but it happens again.

Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?

Thx for all answers.

oen.

More about : dell latitude cpxj 650

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:17:30 PM

Go to Start / Control Panel / Keyboard & change the repeat rate to a lower
setting.

Tom J

"oen" <oen@[at].cut.it.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I bought dell latitude laptop.
>
> At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my keyboard
> acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2 or more
> letters.
>
> I changed keyboard but it happens again.
>
> Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?
>
> Thx for all answers.
>
> oen.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:19:06 PM

HI
> Go to Start / Control Panel / Keyboard & change the repeat rate to a lower
> setting.

There is another problem I`ve forgotten to mention:
sometimes when I press button it is pushed twice or more but sometimes
is does not react at all.

For sure with software everything is ok (btw it`s linux).

Thanks
oen.
Related resources
January 8, 2005 1:51:28 AM

"oen" <oen@[at].cut.it.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I bought dell latitude laptop.
>
> At the beginning everything was all right but after some time my keyboard
> acted strangely. Sometimes when I pushed a button, it wrote 2 or more
> letters.
>
> I changed keyboard but it happens again.
>
> Did anyone have the same problem? What is wrong? and how can I repair it?
>
> Thx for all answers.
>
> oen.

Are cooling fans kicking in at the same time that you have keyboard
problems?

Craig
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 3:48:56 PM

> Are cooling fans kicking in at the same time that you have keyboard
> problems?

Not really, but I noticed that when I "open" my laptop and remove the
keyboard and put it again then it works all right but after a while
(especially when bottom is warm) it happens again.
February 6, 2005 8:57:08 PM

It's all to do with the Dell 8I K key problem try reseating the keyboard 1st
failing that replace it

!