Network for xbox and other help - please :)

Hi,

I want to setup a wireless network between a laptop, x-
box (live), and a printer is this possible? and if so
what equipment do i need.

I have broadband internet connection.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Mark,

I'll try to provide you with details to the best of my knowledge but I must
say that I'm not a gamer. <smile>

To do it wirelessly, you need a device. You can use the game console adapter
to connect your XBox to the network. You can use the XBox Wireless adapter
MN-740. Linksys does make a similar device and there may be other
manufactuers as well. However, this is Microsoft's gaming adapter for the
XBox.

XBox Wireless adapter MN-740
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/productdetails.aspx?pid=015

And you need a something else to receive the signal to your computer's
wireless network card or directly to your network.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/03_choose.aspx?class=WirelessG

I hope this helps

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP - Networking