norton internet security

in the last couple of days, i can't seem to turn on my intrusion detection.
i get an error message sayng " cannot save. please verify that your windows
account is not restricted". can anyone help with this matter??
2 answers Last reply
More about norton internet security

    Have you checked the Norton's site for any answers?

    Most problems with Nortons can be found by searching the knowledge base
    http://www.symantec.com/search/

    "david MCNEIL" <dm011b4682@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > in the last couple of days, i can't seem to turn on my intrusion detection. i get
    > an error message sayng " cannot save. please verify that your windows account is
    > not restricted". can anyone help with this matter??

    Had same problem recently after doing clean install. Discovered if
    disabled NIS, was able to connect to LiveUpdate and get all the
    necessary Symantec updates including ones for Intrustion Detection.
    After updates installed, was able to turn on intrustion detection, run
    run Program Scan and disable windows firewall.

    However, found out the hard way had to turn on firewall for ISP and Local
    Area Connection if disabled NIS as twice got viruses that NAV said deleted
    while getting updates, but ended up with several weird items in startup
    couldn't get
    rid of. Started over and ran Ad-aware & Spybot, firewalled ISP, Anti-Virus
    on
    and then disabled NIS before getting updates. Finally all NIS options
    enabled
    and working and no longer get message "account restricted". Have no idea
    why
    got such message this time as have done many clean installs & reinstalled
    NIS
    with no problems about restricted account or getting updates with NIS
    enabled.

    Just my experience and hope helps.

    "david MCNEIL" <dm011b4682@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > in the last couple of days, i can't seem to turn on my intrusion
    detection.
    > i get an error message sayng " cannot save. please verify that your
    windows
    > account is not restricted". can anyone help with this matter??

Internet Security Norton Windows XP