norton internet security

March 14, 2005 7:16:18 PM

in the last couple of days, i can't seem to turn on my intrusion detection.
i get an error message sayng " cannot save. please verify that your windows
account is not restricted". can anyone help with this matter??
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 10:12:41 AM

Have you checked the Norton's site for any answers?

Most problems with Nortons can be found by searching the knowledge base
http://www.symantec.com/search/

"david MCNEIL" <dm011b4682@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> in the last couple of days, i can't seem to turn on my intrusion detection. i get
> an error message sayng " cannot save. please verify that your windows account is
> not restricted". can anyone help with this matter??

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 2:46:09 PM

Had same problem recently after doing clean install. Discovered if
disabled NIS, was able to connect to LiveUpdate and get all the
necessary Symantec updates including ones for Intrustion Detection.
After updates installed, was able to turn on intrustion detection, run
run Program Scan and disable windows firewall.

However, found out the hard way had to turn on firewall for ISP and Local
Area Connection if disabled NIS as twice got viruses that NAV said deleted
while getting updates, but ended up with several weird items in startup
couldn't get
rid of. Started over and ran Ad-aware & Spybot, firewalled ISP, Anti-Virus
on
and then disabled NIS before getting updates. Finally all NIS options
enabled
and working and no longer get message "account restricted". Have no idea
why
got such message this time as have done many clean installs & reinstalled
NIS
with no problems about restricted account or getting updates with NIS
enabled.

Just my experience and hope helps.

!