Sleep resume problem

Hi guys,

My Packard bell I extreme died. It has now been reinstalled with
Windows xp and everything is working fine except the sleep function.

I can press the Sleep button on the keyboard and it will sucessfully
standby. However it won't resume. I have tried all the buttons on the
keyboard and moving the mouse. If i press the power button the light
goes green but there still isnt any power to the monitor, mouse or
keyboard.

Its still using the original keyboard so I know it can do it.

I also brought a new keyboard and installed the drivers but yet again
that still didnt work.

I have already checked the deivce properties and there is no "allow
this device to wake up pc" option

Help before I go mad with it?

--
Bondgirl2003

Your hardware and BIOS can't handle the XP "ACPI" and 'standby' feature correctly. You would need new hardware, or a better BIOS to
do it.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509