Network and MN-130 PCI adapter

Maybe somone can help me with this, here's my situation:
I have cox as a ISP, I'm using a MN-130 PCI adapter, and a
linksys router, the WRT54G (wirless with 4-port switch).
I was trying to greate a network with my laptop (wireless)
and my desktop (MN-130 adapter), so I set up the cox on my
desktop and got an internet connection that worked fine,
then I poped in the linksys cd and configured the router.
everything seemed to work but now that my desktop is
connected to the 4-port switch (not directly to the modem)
the connecting turns on and off, in the bottom left of my
screen a popup window will say LAN conection found, then
LAN connection disconnected. Why is it doing this.

P.S. I'm running XP-pro on the commputers on the network.

Hello,

First, just to verify that you have it properly connected. Make sure
Cable/DSL modem is properly connected to the router. Connect the DSL/Cable
modem is connected to the Internet/WAN port on the router. Then connect your
computer to one of the LAN ports on the router. If you are still having
problems the try the solutions found here.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/troubleshoot/networkcard.htm

______________
Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

<chocolate_usa_chan@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Maybe somone can help me with this, here's my situation:
> I have cox as a ISP, I'm using a MN-130 PCI adapter, and a
> linksys router, the WRT54G (wirless with 4-port switch).
> I was trying to greate a network with my laptop (wireless)
> and my desktop (MN-130 adapter), so I set up the cox on my
> desktop and got an internet connection that worked fine,
> then I poped in the linksys cd and configured the router.
> everything seemed to work but now that my desktop is
> connected to the 4-port switch (not directly to the modem)
> the connecting turns on and off, in the bottom left of my
> screen a popup window will say LAN conection found, then
> LAN connection disconnected. Why is it doing this.
>
> P.S. I'm running XP-pro on the commputers on the network.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Did you clone the MAC address of your computer into the router?