  • Internet Explorer
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 14, 2005 2:27:05 PM

Somehow I got a Trojan, fortunately the anivirus killed him, but there are
still some 'damages'. First of all, each time I started IE and then tried to
close it, there was some error message that I should talk to my admin,
because this action (closing of the Internet Explorer) has been banned on my
PC. However, I fixed this in the registry key
HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions, but Windows
Explorer also does the same annoying thing, although I have tried anything i
could think of. My question is: can someone tell me which is the registry key
that is responsible for this kind of behavior?

Mail me at hselldf398@gmail.com

More about : windows explorer close

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 10:32:25 AM

Q179221 - How to Limit User Access to Local Computer or Hard Disks with Internet Explorer 4.01:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/2...

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509