Help with scanner?

Trying to determine why my scanner (that normally scans perfect images) does
not read in correct colors from a dyed cloth image; black lettering is
black, but chartreuse green is lite blue? Orange is lite yellow?

Is there something unique about scanner from cloth with silk screened
images?

"Jack D. Slater" <jdslater@mchsi.com> wrote in message

> Trying to determine why my scanner (that normally scans perfect images)
does
> not read in correct colors from a dyed cloth image; black lettering is
> black, but chartreuse green is lite blue? Orange is lite yellow?
>
> Is there something unique about scanner from cloth with silk screened
> images?

Yes: because cloth fibres scatter reflected light
in all directions to a greater degree than do fibres
in a (rolled and flattened) sheet of paper.

This has a bearing on your gamma settings:
you might need one set for scanned paper
and a different set for scanned cloth.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs