Help-Win XP reboots when internet is connected

I've recently installed win xp home sp1 onto my new desktop system.
Everything was fine un til yesterday when I noticed that windows would reboot
when it's connected to the internet (linksys wireless usb adapter).

At first I thought it was a virus, so I ran norton antiviris (latest
definitions) and all of my spyware utilities (adware, webroot, spybot,
bazooka) and came up with nothing.

Then I thought it was the wireless adapter, so I returned it and used a
wired connection. This didn't fix my problem.

The only time it will not reboot when connected to the internet is in safe
mode.

I hope someone here can help me.

Thanks

Look at the Event Viewer for that event. (start/run, type: eventvwr.msc)
It may report some driver name, and that file's Properties might tell you the maker, (and therefore the failing device.)
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509