Problem with saving settings to MN-700

Hi,

I am using a wizard to setup my wireless base station. All the steps in the
wizard were succesfull - internet connection was recognized, base station
was recognized, I entered all the settings (including WEP settings), and
when it came to the last step - saving sattings to the base station, it
failed, with message about possible firewall, which is disabled.
What could be the problem, and how to solve it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanx.

Andrej

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Andrej,

Are you running a software firewall on your computer? If so, disable it.

I could not tell from your posting whether or not the firewall was in the
router or the computer.

Later,

Randy

"Andrej Radinger" <andrej@span.hr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using a wizard to setup my wireless base station. All the steps in
> the
> wizard were succesfull - internet connection was recognized, base station
> was recognized, I entered all the settings (including WEP settings), and
> when it came to the last step - saving sattings to the base station, it
> failed, with message about possible firewall, which is disabled.
> What could be the problem, and how to solve it?
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanx.
>
> Andrej

Thanx Randy, but no, I am not running software firewall. I don't know if it
appears to the wizard that there is firewall present....

"Randy" <rlwillia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Andrej,
>
> Are you running a software firewall on your computer? If so, disable it.
>
> I could not tell from your posting whether or not the firewall was in the
> router or the computer.
>
> Later,
>
> Randy
>
> "Andrej Radinger" <andrej@span.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using a wizard to setup my wireless base station. All the steps in
> > the
> > wizard were succesfull - internet connection was recognized, base
station
> > was recognized, I entered all the settings (including WEP settings), and
> > when it came to the last step - saving sattings to the base station, it
> > failed, with message about possible firewall, which is disabled.
> > What could be the problem, and how to solve it?
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanx.
> >
> > Andrej

TRENDING THREADS