REPOST -- Rare Entries Contest NR01

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Time is running out for you to join in the fun! It is a rip-snortn'
fine contest we have going so far. The only thing lacking is your
entry. Do not delay, only a week left to enter.

This is an announcement of a new rare entries contest. Run in
the idiom of Mark Brader. Thanks go to Mark for running a fun
and interesting contest. I hope the following 10 questions are
half as fun and interesting.

As usual, reply ONLY BY EMAIL to rareman3@yahoo.com; do not post
to any newsgroup. Entries must reach me, Neville Rareman, by
Saturday, May 22, 2004.

0. Identify, by exact title, one of the sections that will appear
in the May 23, 2004 edition of the Sunday New York Times.

1. Name a rite of the Roman Catholic Church.

2. Give a 4 letter English word that is routinely abbreviated by
three letters.

3. Give a number which indicates the caliber of a firearm, and is
also used as a common shorthand reference for that firearm.

4. Identify a professional baseball team named after an
inanimate object.

5. Give one of the original 20 names on Nixon's enemies list.

6. Give a three letter word in English, which does not contain
the letter Y, and consists of a consonant, vowel and consonant,
in that order; whereby the middle vowel has a long vowel sound.

7. Name a civic duty of an American citizen.

8. Name a company that makes #2 pencils.

9. Name something besides "The beaver is a truly proud and noble
animal" that Joe Canadian believes.

rareman3@yahoo.com (Neville Rareman) wrote in message news:<46fdde8e.0405140914.7e8aad5f@posting.google.com>...
> Time is running out for you to join in the fun! It is a rip-snortn'
> fine contest we have going so far. The only thing lacking is your
> entry. Do not delay, only a week left to enter.

Is an answer/scoring slate somewhere in the near future?

Were there THAT many entries?

Has something sinister happened to Neville?

Will the CUBS win the world series this year?

Enquiring minds want to know!

swp

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <a59bd1d2.0405270933.47c455fb@posting.google.com>,
DSAsteve@aol.com (swp) wrote:

> rareman3@yahoo.com (Neville Rareman) wrote in message
> > Time is running out for you to join in the fun! It is a rip-snortn'
> > fine contest we have going so far. The only thing lacking is your
> > entry. Do not delay, only a week left to enter.
> >

> Is an answer/scoring slate somewhere in the near future?
>
> Were there THAT many entries?
>
> Has something sinister happened to Neville?
>
> Will the CUBS win the world series this year?
>
> Enquiring minds want to know!

Yeah, I've really been wondering about that.

--Harold Buck

"I used to rock and roll all night,
and party every day.
Then it was every other day. . . ."
-Homer J. Simpson

Archived from groups: rec.puzzles,rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Where, oh where, has NR01 gone?
Oh where, oh where can it be?

swp