Help! Please!

I have a seriousproblem with my system. I can't access system restore, help
and support, and have the following error message.
MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY
Runtime error!
Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ixplore.exe
abnormal program termination

Is this a virus infection? I have carried out virus scans, adware and
spyware scans, but nothing is detected. I need some way of accessing system
restore and some way of curing this problem.

Thanks
Simon.

I've lost all my fonts as well. I don't know what else is wrong.

No, this happened all of a sudden. The taskbar at the bottom of the desktop
changed, all my folders displays changed, I've lost windows sounds, I don't
know what else.
But I can use most of my programs.

Any help much appreciated.

Simon.

Now I keep getting the windows installer screen popping up.

Did this happen all of the sudden. meaning you have not done anything, added
or changed anything on your pc? Do you use any software for adware,
spyware, etc?

Have you recently added any pictures or images to your files?