cannot access floppy disk

when i try to save or open a file on 3.5 floppy i get an error
saying i dont have access, but i am the administrator.

then it says the disk is not formatted, so i try to formatt the disk but it
tells me
that windows cannot complete the task.

I have tried a number of disks but geting the same errors

please help
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot access floppy disk

    Go to Start/Run, and type : GPEDIT.MSC Local Computer Policy> Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local
    Policies> Security Options> System Objects: Default owner for objects created by members of the Administrators Group. Set this to
    "Administrators group" instead of "Object Creator".

    (Pro edition only)

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "yesGem" <yesGem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2E7036-7C58-4BC8-908A-A54D6A4172A6@microsoft.com...
    > when i try to save or open a file on 3.5 floppy i get an error
    > saying i dont have access, but i am the administrator.
    >
    > then it says the disk is not formatted, so i try to formatt the disk but it
    > tells me
    > that windows cannot complete the task.
    >
    > I have tried a number of disks but geting the same errors
    >
    > please help

Floppy Disk Support Microsoft Windows XP