maybe you guys can help me with my problem

i am running

3.0ghz
IC7
2x256 hyperx ram(pc3500)
Geforce ti4200 128mb
300watt PSU(mine is being fixed)
monitor :LG studioworks 700s

When i try to play a game the screen goes black but the game still runs. Now it is getting worse, everytime i load a page it goes black. I hooked up another monitor which is older and did the samething.
I also tried putting the video card in another computer but it looked like it was working fine.

Any help would be appreciated. If you need more info just says so and i will post what you need

Thx.

Gastrian

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
I normally find that to be a resolution issue, when the screen resolution is set to high. I normally get that on the windows main page but it might be possible that the game is resizing as I've notived some games cause a quick refresh and change the screen res before loading.

osmosis21

Distinguished
May 17, 2003
just switched to 800X600 32bit from 1074X768
and did the same thing
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by osmosis21 on 08/27/03 08:02 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, it could be a power issue, but that usually locks the system up. Did you try reinstalling the chipset driver, then the video card driver?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

osmosis21

Distinguished
May 17, 2003
not in that order, but i have installed all different kinds of drivers for my video card

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by osmosis21 on 08/27/03 08:41 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
You mean you have tried drivers other than the standard Catalyst drivers? If you have the 2 different drivers could conflict with one another.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You might have something wrong with your chipset driver, the chipset contains the AGP interface for your card. YOu should try reinstalling the chipset drivers, then the video card driver.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>