Upgrading from Windows 98 to XP

I upgraded my computer from Windows 98 to Xp and now do not see any icons of
files from the old system although I can find them through search, I can not
access or open. I need to transfer them somehow. It seems like a poartition
was created.
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrading windows

    Items Are Missing After You Upgrade to Windows XP Professional: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q307229

    Missing Data or Program Settings After Upgrade to Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q312942

    OLEXP Mail Objects Missing After Upgrade to Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=kb;en-us;Q313055

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199955B4-5908-45FE-A537-EE74471715B3@microsoft.com...
    >I upgraded my computer from Windows 98 to Xp and now do not see any icons of
    > files from the old system although I can find them through search, I can not
    > access or open. I need to transfer them somehow. It seems like a poartition
    > was created.

Windows 98 Windows XP