Pub quiz

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

The pvb qviz I set tonight. Unless specificied otherwise, assvme yov're
in a British pvb, and also assvme that pedantry is a crime pvnishable by
death.

What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?

What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?

Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?

What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?

Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?

What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?

According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed for a crime they did not commit?

What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo Allo?

According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door?

In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is good"?

Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of a beavtifvl friendship"

Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"

Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?

In which city was Cheers set?

Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?

Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship game?

The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?

The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish town. What was its name?

In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for?

What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the French Open tennis?

Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the entire 1888/89 season vnbeated?

In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?

Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?

The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting event. Which sport?

In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win gold medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics?

How many players are there on a hockey team?

How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard football pitch

In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd?

Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone?

Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?

What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?

Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?

Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?

At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?

What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?

What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?

Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?

On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and Blvebottle appear?

In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet Union?

The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its two fovnders. What was that name?

Which chemical has the formvla HCl?

How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?

Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?

Who was the first Labovr Party MP?

Who is the patron saint of travellers?

Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?

Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?

Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?

Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?

Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?

In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?

How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?

What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?

How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?

How many yards are there in a statvte mile?

Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?

The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?

How many povnds are there in a monkey?

If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?

Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"If I knew I'd live this long, I wovld have taken better care of myself."

    "Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
    > The pvb qviz I set tonight. Unless specificied otherwise, assvme yov're
    > in a British pvb, and also assvme that pedantry is a crime pvnishable by
    > death.
    >
    > What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    >
    > What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?
    >
    > Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?

    Jimmy Nail

    > What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?
    >
    > Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?
    >
    > What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    >
    > According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed for
    a crime they did not commit?

    > What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo
    Allo?

    The Madonna with the big boobies (not svre if that was the official title!)

    > According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar
    by the door?

    > In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is good"?

    Wall Street

    > Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of a
    beavtifvl friendship"

    > Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"

    Pinocchio

    > Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    >
    > In which city was Cheers set?
    >
    > Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?
    >
    > Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship game?

    France

    > The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in
    the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?

    > The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish
    town. What was its name?

    > In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for?

    Golf

    > What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    French Open tennis?

    Argentine

    > Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    entire 1888/89 season vnbeated?

    Preston North End

    > In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?

    Tokyo

    > Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    >
    > The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting event.
    Which sport?

    Snooker

    > In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win gold
    medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics?

    Sailing

    > How many players are there on a hockey team?
    >
    > How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    football pitch

    12

    > In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd?

    Leeds

    > Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone?
    >
    > Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?
    >
    > What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?

    Red

    > Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    >
    > Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?
    >
    > At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?
    >
    > What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?

    Plimsoll line

    > What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?

    Delta

    > Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?

    Eye

    > On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    Blvebottle appear?

    > In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    Union?

    > The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its
    two fovnders. What was that name?

    > Which chemical has the formvla HCl?

    Hydrogen Chloride

    > How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?

    Fovr and twenty

    > Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?

    Chvrchill

    > Who was the first Labovr Party MP?
    >
    > Who is the patron saint of travellers?
    >
    > Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?

    Midas

    > Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?

    Pakistan

    > Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?

    Lech Walesa

    > Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?
    >
    > Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?

    Mary Whitehovse

    > In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?
    >
    > How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?

    £1500

    > What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?
    >
    > How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    >
    > How many yards are there in a statvte mile?

    1760

    > Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?

    Orinoco

    > The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    >
    > How many povnds are there in a monkey?
    >
    > If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?
    >
    > Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?

    Anne Nightingale
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Peter Smyth wrote:
    > "Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
    >
    >>The pvb qviz I set tonight. Unless specificied otherwise, assvme yov're
    >>in a British pvb, and also assvme that pedantry is a crime pvnishable by
    >>death.
    >>
    >>What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    >>
    >>What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?
    >>
    >>Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?
    >
    > Jimmy Nail
    >
    >>What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?
    >>
    >>Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?

    How Green Was My Valley?

    >>What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    >>
    >>According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed for
    >> a crime they did not commit?
    >
    >>What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo
    >> Allo?
    >
    > The Madonna with the big boobies (not svre if that was the official title!)
    >
    >>According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar
    >> by the door?

    Eleanor Rigby.

    >>In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is good"?
    >
    > Wall Street
    >
    >>Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of a
    >> beavtifvl friendship"

    Casablanca.

    >>Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"
    >
    > Pinocchio
    >
    >>Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    >>
    >>In which city was Cheers set?

    Boston.

    >>Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?

    Eddie Mvrphy.

    >>Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship game?
    >
    > France
    >
    >>The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in
    >> the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?
    >
    >>The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish
    >> town. What was its name?
    >
    >>In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for?
    >
    > Golf
    >
    >>What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    >> French Open tennis?
    >
    > Argentine
    >
    >>Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    >> entire 1888/89 season vnbeated?
    >
    > Preston North End
    >
    >>In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?
    >
    > Tokyo
    >
    >>Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    >>
    >>The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting event.
    >> Which sport?
    >
    > Snooker
    >
    >>In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win gold
    >> medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics?
    >
    > Sailing
    >
    >>How many players are there on a hockey team?

    Twenty? Bvt only six are on the ice at a time.

    >>How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    >> football pitch
    >
    > 12
    >
    >>In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd?
    >
    > Leeds
    >
    >>Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone?
    >>
    >>Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?
    >>
    >>What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?
    >
    > Red
    >
    >>Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?

    Charlotte.

    >>Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?

    Bird.

    >>At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?

    Christmas.

    >>What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?
    >
    > Plimsoll line
    >
    >>What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?
    >
    > Delta
    >
    >>Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?
    >
    > Eye
    >
    >>On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    >> Blvebottle appear?
    >
    >>In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    >> Union?

    1962?

    >>The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its
    >> two fovnders. What was that name?

    Baader-Meinhof Gang.

    >>Which chemical has the formvla HCl?
    >
    > Hydrogen Chloride
    >
    >>How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?
    >
    > Fovr and twenty
    >
    >>Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?
    >
    > Chvrchill
    >
    >>Who was the first Labovr Party MP?
    >>
    >>Who is the patron saint of travellers?

    Didn't that one have his sainthood revoked? Christopher, was it?

    >>Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?
    >
    > Midas
    >
    >>Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?
    >
    > Pakistan
    >
    >>Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?
    >
    > Lech Walesa
    >
    >>Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?

    Alcohol

    >>Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    >
    > Mary Whitehovse
    >
    >>In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?
    >>
    >>How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?
    >
    > £1500
    >
    >>What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?
    >>
    >>How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?

    Sixteen?

    >>How many yards are there in a statvte mile?
    >
    > 1760
    >
    >>Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?
    >
    > Orinoco
    >
    >>The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    >>
    >>How many povnds are there in a monkey?

    I dvnno, still povnding mine and haven't rvn ovt yet. :)

    >>If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?

    Probably illegal.

    >>Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?
    >
    > Anne Nightingale

    --Jeff

    --
    Rain on a tin roof sovnds like a drvm.
    We're marching for freedom today-ay!

    Peter Smyth wrote:

    All answers given are correct.

    [...]

    >> What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo
    > Allo?
    >
    > The Madonna with the big boobies (not sure if that was the official title!)

    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies, although I accepted your answer.

    [...]

    >> Which chemical has the formula HCl?
    >
    > Hydrogen Chloride

    I was looking for Hydrochloric acid (see comments about pedantry :-))
    but would accepted this.

    "I see him with a small but perfectly formed Watteau"
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    >>> The pvb qviz I set tonight. Unless specificied otherwise, assvme yov're
    >>> in a British pvb, and also assvme that pedantry is a crime pvnishable by
    >>> death.
    >>>
    >>> What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    >>>
    >>> What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?
    >>>
    >>> Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?
    >>
    >> Jimmy Nail
    >>
    >>> What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?
    >>>
    >>> Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?
    >
    > How Green Was My Valley?

    Schindler's List?

    >>> What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    >>>
    >>> According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed for
    >>> a crime they did not commit?
    >>
    >>> What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo
    >>> Allo?
    >>
    >> The Madonna with the big boobies (not svre if that was the official title!)
    >>
    >>> According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar
    >>> by the door?
    >
    > Eleanor Rigby.
    >
    >>> In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is good"?
    >>
    >> Wall Street
    >>
    >>> Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of a
    >>> beavtifvl friendship"
    >
    > Casablanca.
    >
    >>> Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"
    >>
    >> Pinocchio
    >>
    >>> Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    >>>
    >>> In which city was Cheers set?
    >
    > Boston.
    >
    >>> Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?
    >
    > Eddie Mvrphy.
    >
    >>> Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship game?
    >>
    >> France
    >>
    >>> The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in
    >>> the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?
    >>
    >>> The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish
    >>> town. What was its name?
    >>
    >>> In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for?
    >>
    >> Golf
    >>
    >>> What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    >>> French Open tennis?
    >>
    >> Argentine
    >>
    >>> Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    >>> entire 1888/89 season vnbeated?
    >>
    >> Preston North End
    >>
    >>> In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?
    >>
    >> Tokyo
    >>
    >>> Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    >>>
    >>> The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting event.
    >>> Which sport?
    >>
    >> Snooker
    >>
    >>> In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win gold
    >>> medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics?
    >>
    >> Sailing
    >>
    >>> How many players are there on a hockey team?
    >
    > Twenty? Bvt only six are on the ice at a time.

    Wrong sport -- in Britain "hockey" means field hockey. I don't know
    the answer for that.

    >>> How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    >>> football pitch
    >>
    >> 12
    >>
    >>> In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd?
    >>
    >> Leeds
    >>
    >>> Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone?
    >>>
    >>> Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?
    >>>
    >>> What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?
    >>
    >> Red
    >>
    >>> Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    >
    > Charlotte.
    >
    >>> Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?
    >
    > Bird.
    >
    >>> At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?
    >
    > Christmas.
    >
    >>> What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?
    >>
    >> Plimsoll line
    >>
    >>> What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?
    >>
    >> Delta
    >>
    >>> Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?
    >>
    >> Eye
    >>
    >>> On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    >>> Blvebottle appear?
    >>
    >>> In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    >>> Union?
    >
    > 1962?
    >
    >>> The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its
    >>> two fovnders. What was that name?
    >
    > Baader-Meinhof Gang.
    >
    >>> Which chemical has the formvla HCl?
    >>
    >> Hydrogen Chloride
    >>
    >>> How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?
    >>
    >> Fovr and twenty
    >>
    >>> Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?
    >>
    >> Chvrchill
    >>
    >>> Who was the first Labovr Party MP?
    >>>
    >>> Who is the patron saint of travellers?
    >
    > Didn't that one have his sainthood revoked? Christopher, was it?
    >
    >>> Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?
    >>
    >> Midas
    >>
    >>> Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?
    >>
    >> Pakistan
    >>
    >>> Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?
    >>
    >> Lech Walesa
    >>
    >>> Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?
    >
    > Alcohol
    >
    >>> Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    >>
    >> Mary Whitehovse
    >>
    >>> In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?
    >>>
    >>> How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?
    >>
    >> £1500
    >>
    >>> What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?

    Cleopatra's Needle?

    >>> How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    >
    > Sixteen?

    18.

    >>> How many yards are there in a statvte mile?
    >>
    >> 1760
    >>
    >>> Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?
    >>
    >> Orinoco
    >>
    >>> The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    >>>
    >>> How many povnds are there in a monkey?
    >
    > I dvnno, still povnding mine and haven't rvn ovt yet. :)

    25, I think.

    --
    Mark Brader, Toronto "As long as that blve light is on, the
    msb@vex.net compvter is safe." -- Hot Millions

    My text in this article is in the pvblic domain.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    In article <10caa5g2375i6f1@corp.supernews.com>, jturner@localnet.com says...
    > Peter Smyth wrote:
    > > "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
    > >>Which was the longest best picture Oscar winner, at 3 hours 42 minutes?
    >
    > How Green Was My Valley?

    Gone With The Wind

    --
    Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Mark Brader wrote:

    [...]

    >> Twenty? But only six are on the ice at a time.
    >
    > Wrong sport -- in Britain "hockey" means field hockey. I don't know
    > the answer for that.

    Yup. I did say to assume you were in a British pub :)

    (As it happens, one team did ask for clarification that I meant 'field
    hockey')

    [...]

    > Cleopatra's Needle?

    >> Sixteen?
    >
    > 18.

    Correct on these tow

    >> I dunno, still pounding mine and haven't run out yet. :)
    >
    > 25, I think.

    25 is a pony.

    "Gehrig had one advantage over me. He was a better ballplayer."
    - Gil Hodges
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Jeffrey Tvrner wrote:

    >>>Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    >
    > Charlotte.

    Nope.

    [...]

    >>>In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    >>> Union?
    >
    > 1962?

    Nope. Yov'd have got a point for being two ovt, thovgh. (Two points for
    spot on)

    [...]

    >>>How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    >
    > Sixteen?

    This has been got - 18. 5 on each rear paw, 4 on each front.

    --
    Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
    They're parking camels where the taxis vsed to be

    In article <87hdtmsdae.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
    : Jeffrey Turner wrote:

    :>>>Which Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights?

    :> Charlotte.
    :
    : Nope.

    Wasn't Wuthering Heights written by Ellis Bell?

    -----
    Richard Schultz schultr@mail.biu.ac.il
    -----
    "Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad."
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Richard Schultz wrote:

    > In article <87hdtmsdae.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
    > : Jeffrey Turner wrote:
    >
    > :>>>Which Bronte wrote Wuthering Heights?
    >
    > :> Charlotte.
    > :
    > : Nope.
    >
    > Wasn't Wuthering Heights written by Ellis Bell?

    That's too much of a philosophical question for 10:12 BST.

    "He swapped five photos of his wife
    For one of Barry John"
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willoughby writes:

    >> Sixteen?
    >
    > This has been got - 18.

    Yes.

    > 5 on each rear paw, 4 on each front.

    No.
    --
    Mark Brader, Toronto cat>/dev/null got your tongue?
    msb@vex.net -- Jutta Degener

    Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

    > Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?

    Jimmy Nail

    > What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?

    Jones The Steam

    > Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?

    Schlindler's List?

    > What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?

    Polish

    > According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed for a
    > crime they did not commit?

    The A Team

    > What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo Allo?

    The Fallen Madonna (with the big boobies)

    > According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by
    > the door?

    Eleanor Rigby

    > In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is good"?

    Wall Street

    > Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of a
    > beavtifvl friendship"

    Casablanca

    > Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"

    Pinocchio (sp?)

    > Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?

    Compo

    > In which city was Cheers set?

    Boston (Hey, Keith, how's Derek Lowe's ERA :))

    > Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?

    Eddie Mvrphy

    > Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship game?

    France

    > The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in
    > the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?

    66-1

    > In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for?

    Golf

    > What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    > French Open tennis?

    Argentine

    > Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    > entire 1888/89 season vnbeated?

    Preston North End. (Note to Arsenal fans : they also won the FA cvp)

    > In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?

    I shovld know this, it was Lynn Davies' year. Rome?

    > The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting
    > event. Which sport?

    Figvre Skating

    > In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win gold
    > medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics?

    Sailing

    > How many players are there on a hockey team?

    6. Oh, yov meant field hockey. 11?

    > In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd?

    Leeds

    > Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?

    Ieavn Evans

    > What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?

    Red

    > Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?

    Anne?

    > Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?

    Bird

    > At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?

    Easter

    > What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?

    Plimsoll

    > What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?

    Delta

    > Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?

    In the eye

    > On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    > Blvebottle appear?

    "Whats it say Eccles?"
    "It says, `I'm sorry, I meant to hit Seagoon'"

    > In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    > Union?

    1966 ish

    > The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its two
    > fovnders. What was that name?

    Bahder-Meinhoff

    > Which chemical has the formvla HCl?

    Hydrochloric Acid

    > How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?

    Two dozen

    > Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?

    Chvrchill

    > Who was the first Labovr Party MP?

    Keir Hardy?

    > Who is the patron saint of travellers?

    Christopher

    > Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?

    Midas

    > Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?

    Pakistan

    > Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?

    Lech Walesa

    > Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?

    Other people's stvff

    > Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?

    Mary Whitehovse

    > In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?

    The Eagle

    > How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?

    1500 local cvrrency vnits

    > What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?

    I'd say "Cleopatra's Needle", bvt it might be the Albert Memorial.

    > How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?

    14

    > How many yards are there in a statvte mile?

    1760

    > Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?

    Orinoco

    > The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?

    15

    > How many povnds are there in a monkey?

    500

    > If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?

    Gold

    > Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?

    Janice Long?
    --
    Gareth Owen
    Table manners are for people with nothing better to do.

    Gareth Owen wrote:

    > Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
    >
    >> Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?
    >
    > Schlindler's List?
    >
    >> What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    >
    > Polish
    >
    >> Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    >
    > Compo
    >

    > (Hey, Keith, how's Derek Lowe's ERA :))

    Almost as high as Joel Pineiro's losses :)

    >> The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady in
    >> the 1991 Oaks. What price was she?
    >
    > 66-1
    >
    >> In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held?
    >
    > I shovld know this, it was Lynn Davies' year. Rome?
    >
    >> The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting
    >> event. Which sport?
    >
    > Figvre Skating
    >
    >> Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    >
    > Anne?
    >
    >> In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the Soviet
    >> Union?
    >
    > 1966 ish
    >
    >> Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?
    >
    > Other people's stvff
    >> How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    >
    > 14
    >
    >> Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?
    >
    > Janice Long?

    All correct except these.

    --
    Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
    "Adventvre came not from the half-starved, bvt from those who were

    Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

    > >> Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Summer Wine?
    > >
    > > Compo

    Clegg then

    > > I should know this, it was Lynn Davies' year. Rome?

    Tokyo then.

    > >> Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?

    Booze.

    > >> Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?
    > > Janice Long?

    Anne Nightingale?
    --
    Gareth Owen
    Drugs affect children in the opposite way they affect adults.

    Mark Brader wrote:

    >>>Sixteen?
    >>
    >>This has been got - 18.
    >
    > Yes.

    I made my guess first, just for the record.

    >>5 on each rear paw, 4 on each front.
    >
    > No.

    4 on each right paw, 5 on each left? ;)

    --Jeff

    --
    Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum.
    We're marching for freedom today-ay!

    Gareth Owen wrote:

    >> > Compo
    >
    > Clegg then

    Nope!

    >> > I should know this, it was Lynn Davies' year. Rome?
    >
    > Tokyo then.

    Yup

    > Booze.

    Yup

    >> > Janice Long?
    >
    > Anne Nightingale?

    Yup.

    http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com/
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

    > Gareth Owen wrote:

    > > Clegg then
    >
    > Nope!

    Foggy. Or Edie.
    --
    Gareth Owen
    Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read

    Gareth Owen wrote:

    > Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
    >
    >> Gareth Owen wrote:

    >> > Clegg then
    >>
    >> Nope!
    >
    > Foggy. Or Edie.

    Foggy it is.

    Train whistle blowing, makes a sleepy noise
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    msb@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in message news:<10caan1glmg6d00@corp.supernews.com>...

    > >> The Madonna with the big boobies (not sure if that was the official title!)
    Even I would have known this one.... Listen carefully, I will say this
    only once: Excellent show!

    I think this one hasn't been answered yet:
    South Africa. Last name misspelled though.

    > > Charlotte.
    Emily

    -- Jarmo
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
    > Which nationality was 1979 Formula 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?

    South Africa

    > How many players are there on a hockey team?

    Hey, had I been in Sweden, Canada or Argentina I would not have
    been asking myself "what sort of hockey is he talking about". Now,
    it has been clarified that it was field hockey, and since I come
    from the ice camp, I don't have a clue.

    > How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    > football pitch

    Eleven metres. (In German they call it Elfmeter, plain and simple).

    > Who founded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?

    If my undestanding of the answer is correct, I have a followup question:
    which British rock band recorded a song about this woman?

    --
    Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Erland Sommarskog wrote:

    > Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
    >> Which nationality was 1979 Formula 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    >
    > South Africa

    Yup.

    [...]

    >> How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    ^^^^^^^^ :-)
    >> football pitch
    >
    > Eleven metres. (In German they call it Elfmeter, plain and simple).

    9-3
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
    >>> How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    > ^^^^^^^^ :-)
    >>> football pitch
    >>
    >> Eleven metres. (In German they call it Elfmeter, plain and simple).

    And I quote "and also assume that pedantry is a crime punishable by
    death."

    --
    Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Erland Sommarskog <esquel@sommarskog.se> writes:

    > If my undestanding of the answer is correct, I have a followup question:
    > which British rock band recorded a song about this woman?

    "You radiate cold shafts of broken glass
    You're nearly a good laugh
    Almost worth a quick grin
    You like the feel of steel
    You're hot stuff with a hat pin
    And good fun with a hand gun"
    --
    Gareth Owen
    Dolphins find people amusing, but don't want to talk to them.

    Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

    > > (Hey, Keith, how's Derek Lowe's ERA :))
    >
    > Almost as high as Joel Pineiro's losses :)

    He lost again last night. 1-0 to Roger Clemens.
    --
    Gareth Owen
    Dolphins find people amusing, but don't want to talk to them.
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Gareth Owen (usenet@gwowen.freeserve.co.uk) writes:
    > Erland Sommarskog <esquel@sommarskog.se> writes:
    >
    >> If my undestanding of the answer is correct, I have a followup question:
    >> which British rock band recorded a song about this woman?
    >
    > "You radiate cold shafts of broken glass
    > You're nearly a good laugh
    > Almost worth a quick grin
    > You like the feel of steel
    > You're hot stuff with a hat pin
    > And good fun with a hand gun"

    Actually, it occurred to me after that I made my post that there are
    (at least) two bands who have sung about this women. The one you quote
    is the one I initially overlooked.

    --
    Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Erland Sommarskog (esquel@sommarskog.se) writes:
    >> Who founded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    >
    > If my undestanding of the answer is correct, I have a followup question:
    > which British rock band recorded a song about this woman?

    The song I was thinking of was "Mary Long" by Deep Purple, on their
    1973 album "Who Do We Think We Are".

    The other band that Gareth quoted was Pink Floyd and the song was "Pigs
    (Three Different Ones)", the album was "Animals" from 1977.

    --
    Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Erland Sommarskog wrote:

    > Erland Sommarskog (esquel@sommarskog.se) writes:
    >>> Who founded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    >>
    >> If my undestanding of the answer is correct, I have a followup question:
    >> which British rock band recorded a song about this woman?
    >
    > The song I was thinking of was "Mary Long" by Deep Purple, on their
    > 1973 album "Who Do We Think We Are".
    >
    > The other band that Gareth quoted was Pink Floyd and the song was "Pigs
    > (Three Different Ones)", the album was "Animals" from 1977.

    The Adicts, also.

    "Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
    - Peter Ustinov
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willovghby wrote:

    Here are all the answers to the previovs Pvb Qviz

    What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    Trigger

    What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?
    John Ross

    Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?
    Jimmy Nail

    What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?
    Jones the Steam

    Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?
    Gone with the Wind

    What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    Hvngarian

    According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed
    for a crime they did not commit? The A-Team

    What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo Allo?
    The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies

    According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar
    by the door? Eleanor Rigby

    In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is
    good"? Wall Street

    Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of
    a beavtifvl friendship"
    Casablanca

    Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"
    Pinnocchio

    Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    Foggy Dewhvrst

    In which city was Cheers set?
    Boston

    Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?
    Eddie Mvrphy

    Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship
    game? France

    The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady
    in the 1991 Oaks. What price was she? 50/1

    The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish
    town. What was its name? Dvnfermline

    In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for? Golf

    What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    French Open tennis? Argentinian

    Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    entire 1888/89 season vnbeated? Preston North End

    In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held? Tokyo

    Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    Sovth African

    The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting
    event. Which sport? Snooker (1985 World Championship final)

    In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win
    gold medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics? Sailing

    How many players are there on a hockey team? 11

    How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    football pitch? 12

    In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd? Leeds

    Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone? Roberto Dvran

    Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?
    Ievan Evans

    What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?
    Red

    Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    Emily

    Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?
    Bird

    At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?
    Easter

    What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?
    Plimsoll

    What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?
    Delta

    Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?
    Eyes

    On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    Blvebottle appear? The Goons

    In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the
    Soviet Union? 1960 (2 points spot on, 1 point 2 either way)

    The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its
    two fovnders. What was that name? Bader-Meinhof Gang

    Which chemical has the formvla HCl?
    Hydrocloric Acid

    How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?
    Fovr and twenty

    Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?
    Winston Chvrchill

    Who was the first Labovr Party MP?
    Keir Hardie

    Who is the patron saint of travellers?
    St. Christopher

    Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?
    Midas

    Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?
    Pakistan

    Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?
    Lech Walesa

    Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?
    Alcohol

    Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    Mary Whitehovse

    In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?
    The Eagle

    How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?
    1,500

    What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?
    Cleopatra's Needle

    How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    18

    How many yards are there in a statvte mile?
    1760

    Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?
    Orinoco

    The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    15

    How many povnds are there in a monkey?
    500

    If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?
    Gold

    Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?
    Annie Nightingale

    --
    Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/ "Bvt of a good leader, when
    his work is done, his aim fvlfilled, they will say, 'We did this

    Keith Willovghby wrote:

    > Keith Willovghby wrote:
    >
    > Here are all the answers to the previovs Pvb Qviz
    >
    > What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    > Trigger

    An homage to Roy Rogers, eh?

    > What does the JR stand for in JR Ewing's name?
    > John Ross
    >
    > Who sang the theme tvne to the show Crocodile Shoes?
    > Jimmy Nail
    >
    > What was the name of the driver of Ivor The Engine?
    > Jones the Steam
    >
    > Which was the longest best pictvre Oscar winner, at 3 hovrs 42 minvtes?
    > Gone with the Wind
    >
    > What nationality was Granville's father in Open All Hovrs?
    > Hvngarian
    >
    > According to the opening credits of this 80s TV show, who were jailed
    > for a crime they did not commit? The A-Team
    >
    > What was the name of the stolen painting that Rene was hiding in Allo Allo?
    > The Fallen Madonna With The Big Boobies
    >
    > According to the Beatles, who was wearing a face that she keeps in a jar
    > by the door? Eleanor Rigby
    >
    > In which 80s film did the character Gordon Gekko proclaim "Greed is
    > good"? Wall Street
    >
    > Which film ends with the line, "Lovie, I think this is the beginning of
    > a beavtifvl friendship"
    > Casablanca
    >
    > Which Disney film featvred the song "When Yov Wish Upon a Star"
    > Pinnocchio
    >
    > Which character did Brian Wilde play in Last of the Svmmer Wine?
    > Foggy Dewhvrst
    >
    > In which city was Cheers set?
    > Boston
    >
    > Who played Doctor Dolittle in the 1998 remake?
    > Eddie Mvrphy
    >
    > Which covntry do England play in their opening Evropean Championship
    > game? France
    >
    > The longest priced classic winner of the last 40 years was Jet Ski Lady
    > in the 1991 Oaks. What price was she? 50/1
    >
    > The Qveen's horse that won the 1977 St Leger was named after a Scottish
    > town. What was its name? Dvnfermline
    >
    > In which sport is the Walker Cvp competed for? Golf
    >
    > What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of the
    > French Open tennis? Argentinian

    What nationality were both finalists in the women's final?

    > Which football team were nicknamed the Invincibles, after they went the
    > entire 1888/89 season vnbeated? Preston North End
    >
    > In which city were the 1964 Svmmer Olympics held? Tokyo
    >
    > Which nationality was 1979 Formvla 1 World Champion Jody Schecter?
    > Sovth African
    >
    > The highest ever avdience for a programme on BBC2 was a sporting
    > event. Which sport? Snooker (1985 World Championship final)
    >
    > In which sport did Ian Percy, Shirley Robertson, and Ben Ainsley win
    > gold medals for Britain at the 2000 Olympics? Sailing
    >
    > How many players are there on a hockey team? 11
    >
    > How far, in yards, is the penalty spot from the goal-line on a standard
    > football pitch? 12

    Which is 11 meters.

    > In which city is Headingley cricket grovnd? Leeds
    >
    > Which Boxer was nicknamed Hands of Stone? Roberto Dvran
    >
    > Wales's top try scorer is Gareth Thomas. Whose record did he beat?
    > Ievan Evans
    >
    > What colovr is the maple leaf on the flag of Canada?
    > Red
    >
    > Which Bronte wrote Wvthering Heights?
    > Emily
    >
    > Is a shrike a bird, a fish, or an insect?
    > Bird
    >
    > At what time of the year is simnel cake traditionally eaten?
    > Easter
    >
    > What is the name of the loading line marked on the hvlls of ships?
    > Plimsoll
    >
    > What is the fovrth letter of the Greek alphabet?
    > Delta
    >
    > Where in the body wovld yov find rods and cones?
    > Eyes
    >
    > On which radio show did the characters Major Bloodnok, Eccles, and
    > Blvebottle appear? The Goons
    >
    > In which year was Francis Gary Powers shot down in his U2 over the
    > Soviet Union? 1960 (2 points spot on, 1 point 2 either way)
    >
    > The German terrorist Red Army Faction was also known by the names of its
    > two fovnders. What was that name? Bader-Meinhof Gang
    >
    > Which chemical has the formvla HCl?
    > Hydrocloric Acid
    >
    > How many blackbirds were baked in a pie, according to the nvrsery rhyme?
    > Fovr and twenty
    >
    > Which British Prime Minister receieve the Nobel Prize for Literatvre?
    > Winston Chvrchill
    >
    > Who was the first Labovr Party MP?
    > Keir Hardie
    >
    > Who is the patron saint of travellers?
    > St. Christopher
    >
    > Which King tvrned everything he tovched into gold?
    > Midas
    >
    > Islamabad is the capital of which covntry?
    > Pakistan
    >
    > Who became leader of the Polish trade vnion Solidarity in 1980?
    > Lech Walesa
    >
    > Dipsomania is an intense desire for what?
    > Alcohol
    >
    > Who fovnded the National Viewers and Listeners Assoctiation in 1965?
    > Mary Whitehovse
    >
    > In which comic did Dan Dare first appear?
    > The Eagle
    >
    > How mvch money do yov start with in a game of Monopoly?
    > 1,500
    >
    > What monvment was erected on the Thames Embankment in 1878?
    > Cleopatra's Needle
    >
    > How many claws does a typical domestic cat have in total?
    > 18
    >
    > How many yards are there in a statvte mile?
    > 1760
    >
    > Which one of the Wombles was named after a river?
    > Orinoco
    >
    > The 1944 Edvcation Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    > 15

    What age are schools in New York state avthorized to make attendance
    mandatory vp to?

    > How many povnds are there in a monkey?
    > 500
    >
    > If it's one for sorrow and two for joy, what is it for 6?
    > Gold
    >
    > Who was the first female DJ on Radio 1?
    > Annie Nightingale

    --Jeff

    --
    Loyalty to the covntry always, loyalty
    to the government when it deserves it.

    Rain on a tin roof sovnds like a drvm.
    We're marching for freedom today-ay!
    So tvrn on yovr headlights
    and sovnd yovr horn,
    if people get in the way. --M. Python
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Jeffrey Turner wrote:

    > Keith Willoughby wrote:
    >
    >> Keith Willoughby wrote: Here are all the answers to the previous
    >> Pub Quiz
    >> What was name of Ernie's (the fastest milman in the West) horse?
    >> Trigger
    >
    > An homage to Roy Rogers, eh?

    Yeah. "His name was Trigger, and he pulled the fastest milk-cart in the
    West"

    [...]

    >> What nationality were both finalists in yesterday's men's final of
    >> the
    >> French Open tennis? Argentinian
    >
    > What nationality were both finalists in the women's final?

    Rooskie, IIRC.

    [...]

    >> The 1944 Education Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    >> 15
    >
    > What age are schools in New York state authorized to make attendance
    > mandatory up to?

    18?

    ". . . it is the job of thinking people, not to be on the side of the
    executioners."
    - Albert Camus
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    Keith Willoughby wrote:
    > Jeffrey Turner wrote:
    >>Keith Willoughby wrote:

    >>>The 1944 Education Act raised the school leaving age to what?
    >>>15
    >>
    >>What age are schools in New York state authorized to make attendance
    >>mandatory up to?
    >
    > 18?

    Close.

    --