Trying to fix computer

March 14, 2005 7:21:01 PM

I posted the other day about my father inheriting a computer and not having
the password to get in. As a clean system reinstall would be perfect it is
not possible due to it not having the disks. So here is my problem

Running XP PRo started in Safe mode as it was loading this error occured:
Windows Xp could not start following file not found <windows root>\system
32\Ntoskrnl.exe

Now I looked it up on the help and support page and found away to fix it
(problem with the partion) but it says it applies to windows through Version
NT... #1 will that solution work?? #2 will this computer go to a C: prompt???

More about : fix computer

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:06:05 AM

why not purchase a copy of Windows and just fresh install.

if it's a hand-me-down, as you stated, you'll be better off in the long run
to just fresh install it.

--
EasyFeelings
A+

"When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"
!