winlogon.exe application error

I have been getting a message when starting up: winlogon.exe application
error The exception Privileged Instruction (0xc0000096) occurred in the
application at location 0x77f57536.
Anyone have an answer for this one please?

run from a boot to CD and Recovery Console (press 'r' for Repair), the command: (cd drive letter here):/i386/expand.exe (cd drive
letter here):/i386/winlogon.ex_ %windir%/system32/winlogon.exe

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"afsargent" <afsargent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4904ECE7-1411-4BD1-A890-4E0940E8875E@microsoft.com...
>I have been getting a message when starting up: winlogon.exe application
> error The exception Privileged Instruction (0xc0000096) occurred in the
> application at location 0x77f57536.
> Anyone have an answer for this one please?

Thank you, it worked.