no hard drive this morning but after moving compter i did ..

March 14, 2005 10:14:14 PM

:
very confused lol
this morning when i went to boot up my comoter, the BIOS did, but it
failed to find both my hard drive, the recovery console was not lited on
xp home
i could not even get in to safe mode
:
i was geting very tick to say the least
hard drive where like ther did not exist
i could boot with windoe cd rom, but when i try to repair or setup it
told me no hard drive
now her where i get to the part i do not understand what happen, and im no
beginner to compter, haveing fix my a couple like, but his problem got me
confused, after trying it a couple, i un hook all the cable, and move the
compter to take to some one that would know, i never think of look in BIOS
on the the way upstaie i thought i try one more time, and it booted up

now my question why and how after i try a couple time before
very confuseing :confused:
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 12:24:41 AM

Quite possibly some controller card or cable is not quite securely
attached (connectors seated).

If it's working now don't worry about it, but if it happend again
then carefully unplug every connector and expansion card and reseat
it firmly -- one at a time, obviously. (And with power off and the
computer unplugged, also obviously. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/