Advice Regarding Occasional Lockups

Jd

I want to stress "occasional." Maybe six times in a year and a half. I've
never lost any data and so far it has been little more than a minor
frustration.
However, I wonder:
If I had a "defective" driver, shouldn't I expect these lockups more
frequently than every two to three months?
I ran Windows 98 for five years and never had a freezeup. Since XP was so
widely reputed to be the "most stable" of Windows systems, I am naturally
disappointed to have this happen at all.
I'd like to know whether even MVPs and others who are far more sophisticated
users than I have "occasional" lockups? Is it something you just learn to
live with, or something which must have a cause that you would be determined
to discover and correct?

A lockup is a bad device or device driver conflict, for sure.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509