Sign in with
Your question

a "tweak guide" for Radeons

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2003 1:54:25 AM

<A HREF="http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/radeon/index.shtml" target="_new"> Techspot </A> has a nice little guide on how to tweak Radeon graphics cards. All the information will be redundant to experienced users, but it should be a good guide for people just getting into grahphics cards, or complete n00bs :)  They also talk a little on the different types of filters, and what all the new marketing terms mean (W buffer, z compression and such). They also mention which options may cause stability problems, or what ones can be disabled to help the system.

More about : tweak guide radeons

August 30, 2003 8:32:43 AM

i have a ati radeon 9600 pro

i downloaded this utility you mentioned... and installed it.

On the overclocking page..it says core clock speed is 398.25

and the memory is 275

but i thought the memory spec was supposed to be 500
(and memory was rated at 600)

what am i missing here?

Also..now this utility is installed..my system locked up on the 3dmark 2001 SE test (where is scrolls across a sea with a huge sun in middle) for the first time ever (not sure if related).
August 30, 2003 11:34:22 AM

Nice guide, now how do we get something like this into the FAQ????

The loving are the daring!
Related resources
August 31, 2003 12:46:19 AM

Great !!!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work on the guides!!!
I appreciated the effort and have based potential buying decisions on the information.

The loving are the daring!
a b U Graphics card
August 31, 2003 1:07:39 AM

275MHz is 550, so that's half way between 500 and 600.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
August 31, 2003 2:49:43 AM

ok then.. thanks
!