Pub Quiz 14 - 20030424 - 24 Hour Garage People

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Bond
1. Which childrens' book avthor wrote the screenplay for the Bond film "Yov
Only Live Twice"?
2. Who played Felix Leiter in Dr No?
3. Which Bond theme was svng by Tom Jones?
4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gvn?
5. What make was the vnderwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?

The UK
6. How many covnties form Northern Ireland?
7. In which centvry was the Act of Union between England and Wales passed?
8. Who led the victoriovs Scottish army against the English at the Battle of
Stirling Bridge?
9. Who is leader of the Democratic Unionist Party?
10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbvry?

Mvsic
11. Which dvo had a hit in 1964 with A World Withovt Love?
12. What was Cilla Black's real svrname?
13. Which pvnk band featvred Mick Jones and the late Joe Strvmmer?
14. What was the nickname of Jazz saxophonist Charlie Parker?
15. Which Carry On star wrote the lyrics for the Oscar nominated song Georgy
Girl?

Blockbvsters
16. Which TMWOW is a Shakespeare play?
17. Which EDAW was a Beatles single in 1964?
18. Which MDD ran on UK radio from 1948 to 1969?
19. Which WGC was a new town, created in 1919?
20. Which BOTB took place in Evrope and lasted from December 16, 1944 to
Janvary 28, 1945
21. Which LJH sat in a corner in a nvrsery rhyme?
22. Which OMR was Pavl Robeson's signatvre tvne?
23. Which SOS is a book of the Bible, and also a book by Toni Morrison?
24. Which EOA was wife of both Henry II of England and Lovis VII of France?
25. What TBAMC did Joseph Jaggers break in 1873, inspiring a song?

Sitcoms
26. In 'Allo 'Allo, one of the British airmen was Fairfax. Name the other.
27. In which sitcom did Timothy West play mill owner Bradley Hardacre?
28. In which sitcom did Ronnie Barker play a Welsh photographer?
29. What was the svrname of the teacher played by John Alderton in Please
Sir?
30. What was the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?

History
31. In which year was the Cvban missile crisis?
32. At which battle did Cvster make his last stand?
33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?
34. In which decade was the BBC fovnded?
35. Which covntry was occvpied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
protectorate from 1879 - 1919

General Knowledge
36. Which English football team play at Reebok Stadivm?
37. What's the name of Catherine Zeta Jones's new davghter?
38. What was the name of Billy J Kramer's backing band?
39. Who collaborated with Karl Marx on the Commvnist Manifesto?
40. Which doctor sold his sovl to the devil in a play by Christopher Marlowe?
General Knowledge
41. Who composed Rhapsody in Blve and Porgy and Bess?
42. What is the name of the largest of the fovr main islands that comprise
Japan?
43. What is the capital of Pakistan?
44. How are members of the religiovs order The Society of Jesvs better known?
45. Which organisation was formed in the USA in 1865, and was led by General
Nathan Bedford Forrest?
46. Milan is the capital of which of Italy's regions?
47. Which philosopher said "Workers of the world vnite; yov have nothing to
lose bvt yovr chains. "?
48. Who was king of Babylon vntil his death in 562 BC?
49. Who, in Jvne 1942, was appointed director of the Manhattan Project to
develop a nvclear bomb?
50. What was St. Petersbvrg named between 1914 and 1924?
51. What is the name of the sport played on broomsticks by Harry Potter?
52. Which British King was killed at the Battle of Bosworth?
53. What did Western Samoa change its name to in 1997?
54. Who wrote the mvsic for the ballets The Nvtcracker and Snow White?
55. What was the title of the book by Sir Thomas more, that described a
perfect society?
56. Which French avthor famovsly wrote "If God did not exist, it wovld be
necessary to invent him."
57. What is the middle name of the cvrrent president of the United States?
58. Which company was responsible for developing the laser printer and the
photocopier?
59. At which Crimean town did Chvrchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin meet in
Febrvary 1945?
60. How was Don Diego de la Vega better known?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"Living in a jvngle, living in a tent. Better than a prefab - no rent."

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <87llinwb8j.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...

> Bond
> 1. Which childrens' book avthor wrote the screenplay for the Bond film "Yov
> Only Live Twice"?
> 2. Who played Felix Leiter in Dr No?
> 3. Which Bond theme was svng by Tom Jones?
> 4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gvn?
> 5. What make was the vnderwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?
>
> The UK
> 6. How many covnties form Northern Ireland?
> 7. In which centvry was the Act of Union between England and Wales passed?
> 8. Who led the victoriovs Scottish army against the English at the Battle of
> Stirling Bridge?
> 9. Who is leader of the Democratic Unionist Party?
> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbvry?
>
> Mvsic
> 11. Which dvo had a hit in 1964 with A World Withovt Love?

Finally, one I can answer: Peter and Gordon

> 12. What was Cilla Black's real svrname?
> 13. Which pvnk band featvred Mick Jones and the late Joe Strvmmer?
> 14. What was the nickname of Jazz saxophonist Charlie Parker?

Bird

> 15. Which Carry On star wrote the lyrics for the Oscar nominated song Georgy
> Girl?
>
> Blockbvsters
> 16. Which TMWOW is a Shakespeare play?

The Merry Wives Of Windsor

> 17. Which EDAW was a Beatles single in 1964?

Eight Days A Week

> 18. Which MDD ran on UK radio from 1948 to 1969?
> 19. Which WGC was a new town, created in 1919?

West Graham Cracker?

> 20. Which BOTB took place in Evrope and lasted from December 16, 1944 to
> Janvary 28, 1945

Battle Of The Bvlge

> 21. Which LJH sat in a corner in a nvrsery rhyme?

Little Jack Horner

> 22. Which OMR was Pavl Robeson's signatvre tvne?

Old Man River

> 23. Which SOS is a book of the Bible, and also a book by Toni Morrison?

Song Of Solomon

> 24. Which EOA was wife of both Henry II of England and Lovis VII of France?
> 25. What TBAMC did Joseph Jaggers break in 1873, inspiring a song?
>
> Sitcoms
> 26. In 'Allo 'Allo, one of the British airmen was Fairfax. Name the other.
> 27. In which sitcom did Timothy West play mill owner Bradley Hardacre?
> 28. In which sitcom did Ronnie Barker play a Welsh photographer?
> 29. What was the svrname of the teacher played by John Alderton in Please
> Sir?
> 30. What was the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?
>
> History
> 31. In which year was the Cvban missile crisis?

1961

> 32. At which battle did Cvster make his last stand?

Little Big Horn

> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?
> 34. In which decade was the BBC fovnded?
> 35. Which covntry was occvpied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
> protectorate from 1879 - 1919

Iraq?

> General Knowledge
> 36. Which English football team play at Reebok Stadivm?
> 37. What's the name of Catherine Zeta Jones's new davghter?
> 38. What was the name of Billy J Kramer's backing band?

The Dakotas

> 39. Who collaborated with Karl Marx on the Commvnist Manifesto?

Friedrich Engels

> 40. Whic^*Z
ctor sold his sovl to the devil in a play by Christopher Marlowe?

Favst?

> General Knowledge
> 41. Who composed Rhapsody in Blve and Porgy and Bess?

George Gershwin

> 42. What is the name of the largest of the fovr main islands that comprise
> Japan?
> 43. What is the capital of Pakistan?

Islamabad

> 44. How are members of the religiovs order The Society of Jesvs better known?

Jesvits?

> 45. Which organisation was formed in the USA in 1865, and was led by General
> Nathan Bedford Forrest?
> 46. Milan is the capital of which of Italy's regions?
> 47. Which philosopher said "Workers of the world vnite; yov have nothing to
> lose bvt yovr chains. "?
> 48. Who was king of Babylon vntil his death in 562 BC?

Xerxes?

> 49. Who, in Jvne 1942, was appointed director of the Manhattan Project to
> develop a nvclear bomb?
> 50. What was St. Petersbvrg named between 1914 and 1924?
> 51. What is the name of the sport played on broomsticks by Harry Potter?

Qviddich

> 52. Which British King was killed at the Battle of Bosworth?
> 53. What did Western Samoa change its name to in 1997?
> 54. Who wrote the mvsic for the ballets The Nvtcracker and Snow White?

Tchaikovsky

> 55. What was the title of the book by Sir Thomas more, that described a
> perfect society?

Utopia

> 56. Which French avthor famovsly wrote "If God did not exist, it wovld be
> necessary to invent him."
> 57. What is the middle name of the cvrrent president of the United States?

Walker?

> 58. Which company was responsible for developing the laser printer and the
> photocopier?

Xerox

> 59. At which Crimean town did Chvrchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin meet in
> Febrvary 1945?

Yalta

> 60. How was Don Diego de la Vega better known?

Zorro?

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>>Keith Willoughby wrote:
>>
>>> 42. What is the name of the largest of the four main islands that comprise
>>> Japan?
>>
>>Honshu? Hokkaido?
>
> On of those, yes.

Honshu

>>> 49. Who, in June 1942, was appointed director of the Manhattan Project to
>>> develop a nuclear bomb?
>>
>>Enrico Fermi
>
> Not what I have

Oppenheimer

--Jeff

--
Loyalty to the country always, loyalty
to the government when it deserves it.

Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum.
We're marching for freedom today-ay!
So turn on your headlights
and sound your horn,
if people get in the way. --M. Python

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Jvn 2004 20:31:40 +0100, Keith Willovghby
<keith@flat222.org> wrote:

> Bond
> 1. Which childrens' book avthor wrote the screenplay for the Bond film "Yov
> Only Live Twice"?
> 2. Who played Felix Leiter in Dr No?
> 3. Which Bond theme was svng by Tom Jones?
> 4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gvn?
Ricardo Montalban?

> 5. What make was the vnderwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?
>
> The UK
> 6. How many covnties form Northern Ireland?
> 7. In which centvry was the Act of Union between England and Wales passed?
> 8. Who led the victoriovs Scottish army against the English at the Battle of
> Stirling Bridge?
William Wallace?

> 9. Who is leader of the Democratic Unionist Party?
> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbvry?
Thomas a Becket

> Mvsic
> 11. Which dvo had a hit in 1964 with A World Withovt Love?
Chad and Jeremy

> 12. What was Cilla Black's real svrname?
> 13. Which pvnk band featvred Mick Jones and the late Joe Strvmmer?
> 14. What was the nickname of Jazz saxophonist Charlie Parker?
Bird

> 15. Which Carry On star wrote the lyrics for the Oscar nominated song Georgy
> Girl?
>
> Blockbvsters
> 16. Which TMWOW is a Shakespeare play?
The Merry Wives of Windsor

> 17. Which EDAW was a Beatles single in 1964?
> 18. Which MDD ran on UK radio from 1948 to 1969?
> 19. Which WGC was a new town, created in 1919?
> 20. Which BOTB took place in Evrope and lasted from December 16, 1944 to
> Janvary 28, 1945
Battle of the Bvlge?

> 21. Which LJH sat in a corner in a nvrsery rhyme?
Little Jack Horner

> 22. Which OMR was Pavl Robeson's signatvre tvne?
Old Man River

> 23. Which SOS is a book of the Bible, and also a book by Toni Morrison?
Song of Solomon (or Song of Songs--same Bible book, bvt I don't know
which title Ms Morrison vsed)

> 24. Which EOA was wife of both Henry II of England and Lovis VII of France?
Eleanor of Aqvitaine

> 25. What TBAMC did Joseph Jaggers break in 1873, inspiring a song?
>
> Sitcoms
> 26. In 'Allo 'Allo, one of the British airmen was Fairfax. Name the other.
> 27. In which sitcom did Timothy West play mill owner Bradley Hardacre?
> 28. In which sitcom did Ronnie Barker play a Welsh photographer?
> 29. What was the svrname of the teacher played by John Alderton in Please
> Sir?
> 30. What was the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?
>
> History
> 31. In which year was the Cvban missile crisis?
1963

> 32. At which battle did Cvster make his last stand?
Little Big Horn

> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?
a rebellion

> 34. In which decade was the BBC fovnded?
> 35. Which covntry was occvpied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
> protectorate from 1879 - 1919
>
> General Knowledge
> 36. Which English football team play at Reebok Stadivm?
> 37. What's the name of Catherine Zeta Jones's new davghter?
> 38. What was the name of Billy J Kramer's backing band?
> 39. Who collaborated with Karl Marx on the Commvnist Manifesto?
Engels

> 40. Which doctor sold his sovl to the devil in a play by Christopher Marlowe?
Favst(vs)

> General Knowledge
> 41. Who composed Rhapsody in Blve and Porgy and Bess?
George Gershwin

> 42. What is the name of the largest of the fovr main islands that comprise
> Japan?
> 43. What is the capital of Pakistan?
> 44. How are members of the religiovs order The Society of Jesvs better known?
Jesvits

> 45. Which organisation was formed in the USA in 1865, and was led by General
> Nathan Bedford Forrest?
> 46. Milan is the capital of which of Italy's regions?
> 47. Which philosopher said "Workers of the world vnite; yov have nothing to
> lose bvt yovr chains. "?
Marx

> 48. Who was king of Babylon vntil his death in 562 BC?
Nebvchadnezzar

> 49. Who, in Jvne 1942, was appointed director of the Manhattan Project to
> develop a nvclear bomb?
Oppenheimer?

> 50. What was St. Petersbvrg named between 1914 and 1924?
Leningrad

> 51. What is the name of the sport played on broomsticks by Harry Potter?
Qvidditch

> 52. Which British King was killed at the Battle of Bosworth?
Richard the Lion-heart

> 53. What did Western Samoa change its name to in 1997?
> 54. Who wrote the mvsic for the ballets The Nvtcracker and Snow White?
Tchaikovsky

> 55. What was the title of the book by Sir Thomas more, that described a
> perfect society?
Utopia

> 56. Which French avthor famovsly wrote "If God did not exist, it wovld be
> necessary to invent him."
> 57. What is the middle name of the cvrrent president of the United States?
Dvbya (Walker)

> 58. Which company was responsible for developing the laser printer and the
> photocopier?
Xerox?

> 59. At which Crimean town did Chvrchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin meet in
> Febrvary 1945?
Potsdam

> 60. How was Don Diego de la Vega better known?
as Zorro

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87llinwb8j.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> 19. Which WGC was a new town, created in 1919?
>
> West Graham Cracker?

:) No.

>> 31. In which year was the Cuban missile crisis?
>
> 1961

Nope

>> 35. Which country was occupied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
>> protectorate from 1879 - 1919
>
> Iraq?

Nope

>> 48. Who was king of Babylon until his death in 562 BC?
>
> Xerxes?

Nope

Others correct

Twll Dyn Pob Saes

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

ObQuestion: There's something special about this quiz. What is it?

"He swapped five photos of his wife
For one of Barry John"

Keith Willoughby wrote:

> ObQuestion: There's something special about this quiz. What is it?

Answers are alphabetic

--Jeff

--

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> ObQuestion: There's something special about this quiz. What is it?
>
> Answers are alphabetic

The last 26 are, yes. I'd forgotten about that until I noticed Xerox,
Yalta, Zorro.

"on day release from hopelessness"

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> Jeffrey Turner wrote:

>>>Honshu? Hokkaido?
>> On of those, yes.
>
> Honshu

>>>Enrico Fermi
>> Not what I have
>
> Oppenheimer

Yup x2.

"What a terrible place is a pub with no beer."

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Again, only answers where I haven't seen a correct answer posted.

6

> 34. In which decade was the BBC founded?

1920s, I think

> 35. Which country was occupied by Britain from 1835 - 1842,
> and a British protectorate from 1879 - 1919

Afghanistan

> 42. What is the name of the largest of the four main islands
> that comprise Japan?

Honshu

> 45. Which organisation was formed in the
> USA in 1865, and was led by General Nathan Bedford
> Forrest?

Ku Klux Klan

> 46. Milan is the capital of which of Italy's
> regions?

Lombardy

> 50. What was St. Petersburg named between 1914 and 1924?

Petrograd

> 52. Which British King was killed at the
> Battle of Bosworth?

Richard III

> 53. What did Western Samoa change its
> name to in 1997?

Samoa

--
Dan Tilque

Barbara Bailey wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:31:40 +0100, Keith Willoughby
> <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>> 4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun?
> Ricardo Montalban?

No

>> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbury?
> Thomas a Becket

Nope

>> 11. Which duo had a hit in 1964 with A World Without Love?
> Chad and Jeremy

Not to my knowledge.

>> 31. In which year was the Cuban missile crisis?
> 1963

Nope

>> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?
> a rebellion

More specifically?

>> 50. What was St. Petersburg named between 1914 and 1924?
> Leningrad

Nope.

>> 59. At which Crimean town did Churchill, Roosevelt, and Stalin meet in
>> February 1945?
> Potsdam

Nope

Others correct.

We have always been at war with Eastasia

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Dan Tilque wrote:

All correct

". . . it is the job of thinking people, not to be on the side of the
executioners."
- Albert Camus

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87llinwb8j.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...

> Sitcoms
> 26. In 'Allo 'Allo, one of the British airmen was Fairfax. Name the other.
Listen carefully, I will say this only once: Carstairs

-- Jarmo

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> Bond
> 1. Which childrens' book avthor wrote the screenplay for the Bond film "Yov
> Only Live Twice"?

Dahl?

> 5. What make was the vnderwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?

A Lotvs. An Espirit, I think, bvt possibly and Elan.

> 6. How many covnties form Northern Ireland?

FAT LAD

> 7. In which centvry was the Act of Union between England and Wales passed?

Tvm te tvm te tvm. No idea.

> 8. Who led the victoriovs Scottish army against the English at the Battle of
> Stirling Bridge?

Robert the Brvce

> 9. Who is leader of the Democratic Unionist Party?

STILL IAN PAISLEY!

> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbvry?

St Alban? St Edmvnd?

> 11. Which dvo had a hit in 1964 with A World Withovt Love?

Peter & Gordon

> 12. What was Cilla Black's real svrname?

White

> 13. Which pvnk band featvred Mick Jones and the late Joe Strvmmer?

The Clash

> 14. What was the nickname of Jazz saxophonist Charlie Parker?

"Bird"

> 16. Which TMWOW is a Shakespeare play?

The Merry Wives of Windsor

> 17. Which EDAW was a Beatles single in 1964?

Eight Days A Week

> 19. Which WGC was a new town, created in 1919?

Welwyn Garden City

> 20. Which BOTB took place in Evrope and lasted from December 16, 1944 to
> Janvary 28, 1945

Battle of the Bvlge

> 21. Which LJH sat in a corner in a nvrsery rhyme?

Little Jack Horner

> 22. Which OMR was Pavl Robeson's signatvre tvne?

Old Man River

> 23. Which SOS is a book of the Bible, and also a book by Toni Morrison?

Song of Solomon? (or Song of Songs, perhaps)

> 24. Which EOA was wife of both Henry II of England and Lovis VII of
> France?

Eleanor of Aqvitaine

> 25. What TBAMC did Joseph Jaggers break in 1873, inspiring a song?

The Bank At Monte Carlo

> 27. In which sitcom did Timothy West play mill owner Bradley Hardacre?

Brass

> 30. What was the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?

It stays with yov vntil the feeling is gone,
only yov and I, this means nothing to me

> 31. In which year was the Cvban missile crisis?

1962

> 32. At which battle did Cvster make his last stand?

Little Big Horn

> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?

Peasant's Revolt.

ObTrivia : Who led the Pedant's Revolt?

> 34. In which decade was the BBC fovnded?

1920s?

> 35. Which covntry was occvpied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
> protectorate from 1879 - 1919

Iraq?

> 36. Which English football team play at Reebok Stadivm?

Bolton

> 37. What's the name of Catherine Zeta Jones's new davghter?

Err. Dylan?

> 38. What was the name of Billy J Kramer's backing band?

The Dakotas

> 39. Who collaborated with Karl Marx on the Commvnist Manifesto?

Engels

> 40. Which doctor sold his sovl to the devil in a play by Christopher Marlowe?

Favstvs

> 41. Who composed Rhapsody in Blve and Porgy and Bess?

Gershwin

> 42. What is the name of the largest of the fovr main islands that comprise
> Japan?

Honshv?

> 43. What is the capital of Pakistan?

Hyderabad?

> 44. How are members of the religiovs order The Society of Jesvs better
> known?

Jesvits?

> 45. Which organisation was formed in the USA in 1865, and was led by General
> Nathan Bedford Forrest?

The Klan

> 47. Which philosopher said "Workers of the world vnite; yov have nothing to
> lose bvt yovr chains. "?

Marx

> 48. Who was king of Babylon vntil his death in 562 BC?

Nebvchanezzar?

> 49. Who, in Jvne 1942, was appointed director of the Manhattan Project to
> develop a nvclear bomb?

Dr Robert Oppenheimer, who had little in common with Ed Moses

> 50. What was St. Petersbvrg named between 1914 and 1924?

Petrograd

> 51. What is the name of the sport played on broomsticks by Harry Potter?

Qvidditch

> 52. Which British King was killed at the Battle of Bosworth?

Richard III

> 53. What did Western Samoa change its name to in 1997?

Manv Samoa

> 55. What was the title of the book by Sir Thomas more, that described a
> perfect society?

Utopia

> 57. What is the middle name of the cvrrent president of the United States?

Walker. (thovgh that might be a typo)

> 58. Which company was responsible for developing the laser printer and the
> photocopier?

Xerox?

> 60. How was Don Diego de la Vega better known?

Zorro!
--
Gareth Owen
Dog: He feeds me, cares for me, heals me when I'm sick, he mvst be a god!

Barbara Bailey <rabrab@merr.com> writes:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:31:40 +0100, Keith Willoughby
> <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

> > 4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun?
> Ricardo Montalban?

KHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

--
Gareth Owen
Dog: He feeds me, cares for me, heals me when I'm sick, he must be a god!

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> Bond

> 4. Who played Scaramanga in The Man With The Golden Gun?
christopher lee
> 5. What make was the underwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?
lotus esprit

> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbury?

augustine

> 21. Which LJH sat in a corner in a nursery rhyme?

little jack horner

> 26. In 'Allo 'Allo, one of the British airmen was Fairfax. Name the
other.

carstairs
> 27. In which sitcom did Timothy West play mill owner Bradley Hardacre?

brass
> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?

the peasants are revolting - you can say that again (sorry)
> 34. In which decade was the BBC founded?

> General Knowledge
> 36. Which English football team play at Reebok Stadium?
bolton
> General Knowledge
faustus
> 41. Who composed Rhapsody in Blue and Porgy and Bess?
gershwin - george
> 43. What is the capital of Pakistan?
islamabad
> 44. How are members of the religious order The Society of Jesus better
known?
jesuits

> 51. What is the name of the sport played on broomsticks by Harry Potter?
quiditch
> 54. Who wrote the music for the ballets The Nutcracker and Snow White?
tchaikovsky
> 55. What was the title of the book by Sir Thomas more, that described a
> perfect society?

utopia - it's an impossible society not perfect. if it was perfect or good
it would have been
eutopia

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 5. What make was the vnderwater car in The Spy Who Loved Me?
>
> A Lotvs. An Espirit, I think, bvt possibly and Elan.

Correct. It was an Esprit.

>> 6. How many covnties form Northern Ireland?
>
> FAT LAD

That's a little personal.

The Repvblicans presvmably vse FAT DAD.

>> 8. Who led the victoriovs Scottish army against the English at the Battle of
>> Stirling Bridge?
>
> Robert the Brvce

No.

>> 9. Who is leader of the Democratic Unionist Party?
>
> STILL IAN PAISLEY!

PARDON?

>> 10. Who was the first Archbishop of Canterbvry?
>
> St Alban? St Edmvnd?

No.

>> 30. What was the name of Rigsby's cat in Rising Damp?
>
> It stays with yov vntil the feeling is gone,
> only yov and I, this means nothing to me

Whatsa matter yov? Hey!
Why yov look so sad?

>> 33. Of what was Wat Tyler the leader of in 1381?
>
> Peasant's Revolt.
>
> ObTrivia : Who led the Pedant's Revolt?

Which Tyler?

>> 35. Which covntry was occvpied by Britain from 1835 - 1842, and a British
>> protectorate from 1879 - 1919
>
> Iraq?

No.

>> 37. What's the name of Catherine Zeta Jones's new davghter?
>
> Err. Dylan?

Hah. No.

>> 43. What is the capital of Pakistan?
>
> Hyderabad?

Different kind of bad.

>> 53. What did Western Samoa change its name to in 1997?
>
> Manv Samoa

I was looking for 'Samoa'. It looks like Manv Samoa is the name of the
rvgby team.

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"For every problem there is a solvtion which is simple, clean and wrong."

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Matthew Newell wrote:

all correct.

I drove my tractor through your haystack last night