[CHEAP] Gaming Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedtoe

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
I would just like to be able to play simple games (runescape, WOW, Skyrim, Fallout) on their highest settings... on my laptop. I DO NOT have any current gaming capabilities on this laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite L45-S2416 (Model no: PSL40U-03P01X). This is only to hold me over while i build my main PC (will take about 6-7 months)
I would like to purchase a decent graphics card, and my budget lays around $100. Can it be done? I just want decent performance, and graphics are unimportant to me unless it severely breaks immersion.

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
You cannot upgrade the GPU in 99% of laptops and that includes yours so I am sorry to bring bad news but you need to get working on that PC if you want o play games with good performance.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Umm, skyrim is not a "simple game" It is considered by todays standards one of the most brutal loads you can though at a graphix card...

And unless I am reading this incorrectly you are looking for a graphix card for your laptop? This would be tough, seeing as such chips are usually soldered to the motherboard... AND for those select laptops that can take "modular" graphix chips... such laptops cost upwards of 2K and the graphix moldules themselves cost 400-600 apiece.

Now for a desktop Graphix card, Pretty much any card 200+ can play today's games on (almost) highest settings without issue, obviously newer cards like the AMD 7xxx series will give more favorable performance.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. =( hope this helps.

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Skyrim is not hard on the GPU it is on the CPU tho and a run of the mill laptop can run Skyrim decent it's not a very hard game to run decent. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZzeoZ-jUZc&feature=plcp&context=C40ed6d4VDvjVQa1PpcFPP2-_Lr-3YjRwQT59jgeWR7qjLNscHvPc%3D

Status
Not open for further replies.