HELP!! Why is this happening? Folders open at start up

a b D Laptop
March 15, 2005 6:44:48 AM

I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now laptop too.

As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up processes on
the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens automatically.
I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are not
there.

Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 15, 2005 11:12:16 AM

My Documents on startup-- see line 255 at -- : http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:QSsZd.197948$K7.75378@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now laptop too.
>
> As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up processes on
> the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens automatically.
> I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are not
> there.
>
> Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 26, 2005 10:26:01 PM

Mark,
What does this file do? I know it put something into the registry, but not
what.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> My Documents on startup-- see line 255 at -- : http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>

> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:QSsZd.197948$K7.75378@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now laptop too.
> >
> > As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up processes on
> > the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens automatically.
> > I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are not
> > there.
> >
> > Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 27, 2005 4:48:00 PM

Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:
> My Documents on startup-- see line 255 at -- :
> http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>

> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> marfers notes for windows xp
> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> ..
> "Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now
> laptop too.
> >
> > As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up
> processes on
> > the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens
> automatically.
> > I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are
> not
> > there.
> >
> > Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?

not sure about the folder, but to stop IE, try going to Start>Run and
type "msconfig". select the 'startup' tab and remove everything you
don't need.

--
mattloaf1