HELP!! Why is this happening? Folders open at start up

I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now laptop too.

As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up processes on
the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens automatically.
I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are not
there.

Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?
3 answers Last reply
More about help happening folders open start

    My Documents on startup-- see line 255 at -- : http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:QSsZd.197948$K7.75378@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now laptop too.
    >
    > As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up processes on
    > the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens automatically.
    > I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are not
    > there.
    >
    > Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?

    Mark,
    What does this file do? I know it put something into the registry, but not
    what.

    Mark L. Ferguson Wrote:
    > My Documents on startup-- see line 255 at -- :
    > http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
    >

    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > marfers notes for windows xp
    > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > ..
    > "Bennos" <bswong19@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > > I'm getting a recurring problem everytime I start my PC, and now
    > laptop too.
    > >
    > > As soon as the desktop windows appear after all the booting up
    > processes on
    > > the PC/laptop, an internet explorer window and a folder opens
    > automatically.
    > > I've checked in 'start' - 'all programs' - 'startup' and those are
    > not
    > > there.
    > >
    > > Why is this happening? And, how can I stop it from happening?

    not sure about the folder, but to stop IE, try going to Start>Run and
    type "msconfig". select the 'startup' tab and remove everything you
    don't need.

    --
    mattloaf1

Laptops Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP