FM2005 VS CM 03/04 performance?

How does the new version run on lesser hardware?

Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?

I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB

TIA

Spanyardo wrote:
> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>
> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>
> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>
> TIA

runs about twice as fast on my P4 2.26/256

"Spanyardo" <vivasawadee@yahoo.comski> wrote in message
> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>
> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>
> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB

I think it processes matches at a similar speed to before. However the
biggest advantage over previous versions though is that it
background-processes matches to be played on that day with spare CPU
clock-cycles. This means that sometimes you can click continue and it
*appears* to process 50 matches instantly.

"mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Spanyardo wrote:
> > How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
> >
> > Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
> >
> > I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
> >
> > TIA
> >

> runs about twice as fast on my P4 2.26/256

FM2005 is twice as fast as CM 03/04? Cool bananas.

Spanyardo wrote:
> "mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>Spanyardo wrote:
>>
>>>How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>>>
>>>Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>>>
>>>I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>runs about twice as fast on my P4 2.26/256
>

> FM2005 is twice as fast as CM 03/04? Cool bananas.

Admittedly I'm running a couple less leagues, but yeh it's a mile quicker

Spanyardo wrote:
> "mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Spanyardo wrote:
>>> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>>>
>>> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>>>
>>> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> runs about twice as fast on my P4 2.26/256
>
> FM2005 is twice as fast as CM 03/04? Cool bananas.

Depends on what settings you use, if you pick one league and small database
then it will run quicker than the same on CM03/04.

--
Michael Murray

> Spanyardo wrote:
> > "mentalalien" <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> >>runs about twice as fast on my P4 2.26/256
> >

> > FM2005 is twice as fast as CM 03/04? Cool bananas.
> >

> Admittedly I'm running a couple less leagues, but yeh it's a mile quicker

I'm running FM2005 on my P3, 800mhz, 256RAM..... works fine!
sure I cannot include every league but i'm happy :)

Hagen

"Spanyardo" wrote in message
> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>
> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>
> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB

FM definitely runs faster on my XP1700 / 512MB, with more leagues as
well.

--
Steve

Spanyardo wrote:
> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>
> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>
> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>
> TIA

What about my K6-III 450mhz? Will I be abble to run around 12 division
like I do on CM4?

Julien D. wrote:
> Spanyardo wrote:
>> How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>>
>> Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>>
>> I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>>
>> TIA
>>

> What about my K6-III 450mhz? Will I be abble to run around 12 division
> like I do on CM4?

CM4 doesn't work with K6-II processors (well it didn't on mine)

--
Michael Murray

"Michael Murray" <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Julien D. wrote:
>
> > What about my K6-III 450mhz? Will I be abble to run around 12 division
> > like I do on CM4?
>
> CM4 doesn't work with K6-II processors (well it didn't on mine)

..... and what does this have to do with Julien's question??? ;)

Michael Murray wrote:
> Julien D. wrote:
>
>>Spanyardo wrote:
>>
>>>How does the new version run on lesser hardware?
>>>
>>>Is FM2005 more optimized and faster or more bloated?
>>>
>>>I plan to play it on my notebook P4 1.4M 512MB
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>What about my K6-III 450mhz? Will I be abble to run around 12 division
>>like I do on CM4?
>

> CM4 doesn't work with K6-II processors (well it didn't on mine)

Well it work on mine but it's a k6-III (they didn't produce much of them
but I have one)