Pub Quiz - 20030710 - The singer out of Slipknot went to R..

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Music
1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?
2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit in
1977?
3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
1960s?
4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by the
door?

The 60s
6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the first
show?
8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
France by it?
9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?

General Knowledge
11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
function. What did he call her?
12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty are
two. What is the third?
13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?
14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
Valentine's Day Massacre?
15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
known?

TV
16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?
17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
by the same actor in the film and the series?

(Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)

19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?
20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
failed to turn up?

Literature
21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?
22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?
25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
Geography
26. Tirol is a province of which country
27. What is the capital of Syria?
28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?

Cars
31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of which
car?
32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
mainly make?
33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
34. Which company made the Quattro?
35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?

General Knowledge
36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?
38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
Republic?
41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9 imperial
gallons?
43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?
45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?
46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
in 1997?
47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's Cup?
50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1949,
and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?
51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea
52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?
53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?
55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?
57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
comedy?
58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?
59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
Runner cartoons?
60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup in
1953?

"You are the real un-Americans and you should be ashamed of yourselves."
- Paul Robeson to the HUAC

Keith Willoughby wrote:

> Music
> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?

Dave Clark

> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit in
> 1977?
> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
> 1960s?
> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by the
> door?

Eleanor Rigby

> The 60s
> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?

South Africa

> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the first
> show?
> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
> France by it?

Switzerland

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?

Memphis, TN

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?

New York

> General Knowledge
> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> function. What did he call her?
> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty are
> two. What is the third?

Not proven

> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?

Light - quite common in vampires

> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
> Valentine's Day Massacre?
> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
> known?
>
> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?

McCoy

> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?

Hawkeye Pierce

> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>
> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?
> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
> failed to turn up?
>
> Literature
> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?
> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?

Pygmalion

> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?

Mark Twain

> Geography
> 26. Tirol is a province of which country

Austria

> 27. What is the capital of Syria?

Damascus

> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?
>
> Cars
> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of which
> car?
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
> mainly make?
> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> 34. Which company made the Quattro?
> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?

Penelope Pitstop

> General Knowledge
> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?

Racquet

> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?

Haiti

> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9 imperial
> gallons?
> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?

Afghanistan, Iran

> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?
> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?

Dandelion

> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
> in 1997?

True

> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's Cup?
> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1949,
> and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?
> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea

Jordan

> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?

Eye

> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?

Fiddler On The Roof

> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?

American football

> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
> comedy?
> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?
> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
> Runner cartoons?

Acme

> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup in
> 1953?

--Jeff

--
Americans will always do the right thing
- after they have exhausted every other

Loyalty to the country always, loyalty
to the government when it deserves it.
--Mark Twain

Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum.
We're marching for freedom today-ay!
So turn on your headlights
and sound your horn,
if people get in the way. --Neil Innes

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:55:59 +0100, Keith Willoughby
<keith@flat222.org> wrote:

> Music
> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?
> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit in
> 1977?
> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
> 1960s?
> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
Whatshisname Fontana, Ace?

> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by the
> door?
Eleanor Rigby

> The 60s
> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the first
> show?
> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
> France by it?
Switzerland

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
drat.. Nashville?

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?
New York

> General Knowledge
> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> function. What did he call her?
> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty are
> two. What is the third?
Not Proven

> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?
Light

> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
> Valentine's Day Massacre?
suits?

> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
> known?

> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?
Dr. "Bones" McCoy

> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?
Radar O'Reilly (Gary Burghoff) althogh he was fairly minor in the
film.

> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
I'm not sure -- was Painless Waldowski the dentist in the TV show?
if so, then him, and John Schuck is the actor

> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?
> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
> failed to turn up?
>
> Literature
> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?
Macbeth

> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
Little Golden Books?

> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?
Pygmalion

> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
Mark Twain

> Geography
> 26. Tirol is a province of which country
Austria? I don't think Switzerland has provinces--aren't they
cantons?

> 27. What is the capital of Syria?
> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?
>
> Cars
> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of which
> car?
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
> mainly make?
> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> 34. Which company made the Quattro?
> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?
Penelope Pitstop?

> General Knowledge
> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
Racquet?

> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?
> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9 imperial
> gallons?
A firkin?

> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
Afghanistan & Russia?

> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?
Water Displacement

> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?
Dandelion

> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
> in 1997?
false

> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's Cup?
> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1949,
> and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?
Tokyo Rose

> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea
the Jordan?

> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?
The eye

> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
wild guess here: Carry On Sergeant?

> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?
Fiddler on the Roof

> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?
American football

> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
> comedy?
Heaven?

> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?
> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
> Runner cartoons?
Acme

> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup in
> 1953?

__
Barb

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> Music
> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?

Dave Clark

> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit
in
> 1977?
> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
> 1960s?
> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?

Wayne Fontana

> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by
the
> door?

Eleanor Rigby

> The 60s
> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the
first
> show?
> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was
linked to
> France by it?

Switzerland

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?

Memphis

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is
Woodstock?

New York

> General Knowledge
> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> function. What did he call her?
> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty
are
> two. What is the third?

not proven

> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?

light

> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
> Valentine's Day Massacre?

stylishly, in black

> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in
London
> known?
>
> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?

Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was
played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?

Radar O'Reilly

> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>
> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?
> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
> failed to turn up?
>
> Literature
> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?

Macbeth

> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?
> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
> Geography

Samuel "Roger" Clemens

> 26. Tirol is a province of which country

Italy

> 27. What is the capital of Syria?

Damascus

> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?

the river nobody wants to admit to -- de Nile

> Cars
> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of
which
> car?
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did
Lamborghini
> mainly make?
> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> 34. Which company made the Quattro?
> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?
>
> General Knowledge
> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________
Club?
> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?

Heighty

> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9
imperial
> gallons?
> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?

Pakistan and Afghanistan

> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?
> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?
> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926
than
> in 1997?

true

> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's
Cup?
> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in
1949,
> and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?

Tokyo Rose

> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea
> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?

the eye

> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?

Zorba the Greek

> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a
tight-end?

football, and I don't mean "soccer"

> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949
Ealing
> comedy?
> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?

none

> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
> Runner cartoons?
> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup
in
> 1953?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<873c4sv8cw.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?

Memphis

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?

New York

> General Knowledge
> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
> known?

Charing Cross?

> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?

just a country doctor

> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?

Radar

> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?

You're looking for the Simpsons, but he's not the headmaster.

> Literature
> 27. What is the capital of Syria?

Damascus
> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?

the Nile

> Cars
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
> mainly make?

Tractors

> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?

Josie

> General Knowledge
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?

Berlusconni
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?

Cuba

43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?

Afghanistan and Pakistan

> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea

Jordan

> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?

American football

> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?

None

> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
> Runner cartoons?
Acme

Jeffrey Turner writes:
> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
> > Music
> > 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?
>
> Dave Clark
>
> > 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit in
> > 1977?
> > 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
> > 1960s?
> > 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
> > 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by the
> > door?
>
> Eleanor Rigby
>
> > The 60s
> > 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
>
> South Africa
>
> > 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the first
> > show?
> > 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
> > France by it?
>
> Switzerland
>
> > 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
>
> Memphis, TN
>
> > 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?
>
> New York
>
> > General Knowledge
> > 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> > function. What did he call her?

Dinah?

> > 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty are
> > two. What is the third?
>
> Not proven
>
> > 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?
>
> Light - quite common in vampires
>
> > 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
> > Valentine's Day Massacre?
> > 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
> > known?

Oxford Circus.

> > TV
> > 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?
>
> McCoy
>
> > 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> > 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
> > by the same actor in the film and the series?
>
> Hawkeye Pierce

Walter "Radar" O'Reilly, I think.

> > (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)

One of the nurses, maybe?

> > 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?
> > 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
> > failed to turn up?
> >
> > Literature
> > 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?

Macbeth.

> > 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?

Puffin.

> > 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
> > 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?
>
> Pygmalion
>
> > 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
>
> Mark Twain
>
> > Geography
> > 26. Tirol is a province of which country
>
> Austria
>
> > 27. What is the capital of Syria?
>
> Damascus
>
> > 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
> > 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?

Zambezi.

> > Cars
> > 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of which
> > car?
> > 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
> > mainly make?
> > 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> > 34. Which company made the Quattro?

Audi.

> > 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?
>
> Penelope Pitstop
>
> > General Knowledge
> > 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
>
> Racquet
>
> > 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?

Salisbury?

> > 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
> > 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> > 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> > Republic?
>
> Haiti
>
> > 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
> > 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9 imperial
> > gallons?

Firkin.

> > 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
>
> Afghanistan, Iran
>
> > 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?

Water Displacement.

> > 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?
>
> Dandelion
>
> > 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
> > in 1997?
>
> True

I'll go with False. I wouldn't think it would even be close.

> > 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> > 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?

Well, with that name -- sumo wrestling?

> > 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's Cup?
> > 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1949,
> > and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?

Tokyo Rose.

> > 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea
>
> Jordan
>
> > 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?
>
> Eye
>
> > 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
> > 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?
>
> Fiddler On The Roof
>
> > 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> > 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?
>
> American football
>
> > 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
> > comedy?

Pimlico.

Of course, that's wrong. He lived there. He would, if the UK had enforced
the border and the Burgundians had issed their own passports, have needed
a passport to cross back into England.

--
Mark Brader | "Of course, if you only see one movie this year,
msb@vex.net | you're in the wrong newsgroup."

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> Music
>> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?
> Dave Clark
>> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a
>> hit in 1977?
>> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
>> 1960s?
>> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
>> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar
>> by the door?
> Eleanor Rigby
>> The 60s
>> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
> South Africa
>> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented
>> the first show?
>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was
>> linked to France by it? - Italy
>> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
> Memphis, TN
>> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is
>> Woodstock?
> New York

NB. Woodstock is in my local radio station's coverage.

>> General Knowledge
>> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
>> function. What did he call her?

Cinderella?

>> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not
>> guilty are two. What is the third?
> Not proven
>> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?
> Light - quite common in vampires
>> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
>> Valentine's Day Massacre?

Bakers? (Al Capon's mobsters? Are those the castrated ones?)

>> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in
>> London known? - Oxford Circus
>>
>> TV
>> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?
> McCoy
>> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?

Is this a trick question?

>> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was
>> played by the same actor in the film and the series? - Radar
>>
>> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)

ObTrivia: To what famous photographer was the actor who played Sidney
Friedman (the shrink) once married?

>> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?

The Simpsons?

>> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You
>> when he failed to turn up?
>>
>> Literature
>> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo? Macbeth
>> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand? Puffin
>> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?

Gladly, the cross-eyed bear?

>> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?
> Pygmalion
>> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
> Mark Twain
>
>> Geography
>> 26. Tirol is a province of which country
> Austria
>> 27. What is the capital of Syria?
> Damascus
>> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
>> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand? Zambezi
>>
>> Cars
>> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of
>> which car?
>> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did
>> Lamborghini mainly make?
>> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
>> 34. Which company made the Quattro? Audi
>> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky
>> Races?
> Penelope Pitstop
>
>> General Knowledge
>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and
>> ____________ Club?
> [Not] Racquet
>> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England? Salisbury

I was going to guess that, it's the only cathedral in England I've
been to. Should have remembered that bit of trivia. It's one of the
world's few old cathedrals all built in the same style.

ObTrivia: Why is Salisbury all built in one style?
Ob2: An original of what famous document is on display there?
Ob3: One of the oldest of a certain type of mechanical contraption is
also native to Salisbury cathedral, what is it?

>> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?

Silvio Berlusconi

>> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
>> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
>> Republic?
> Haiti
>> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
>> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9
>> imperial gallons?
>> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
> Afghanistan, [Not] Iran
>> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for? Water Displacement
>> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?
> Dandelion
>> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in
>> 1926 than in 1997?
> True
>> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
>> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
>> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971
>> Admiral's Cup?
>> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison
>> in 1949, and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?
>> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea
> Jordan
>> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?
> Eye
>> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
>> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?
> Fiddler On The Roof
>> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?

This is a repeat question, but I wasn't paying particular attention.

>> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a
>> tight-end?
> American football
>> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949
>> Ealing comedy?
>> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?
>> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the
>> Road Runner cartoons?
> Acme
>> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA
>> Cup in 1953?

--Jeff

--

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
>> France by it?
>
> Switzerland

No.

>> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
>> by the same actor in the film and the series?
>
> Hawkeye Pierce

Nope

>> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
>
> Racquet

Nope

>> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
>
> Afghanistan, Iran

Afghanistan correct, Iran incorrect

Rest correct.

This is the year

Keith Willoughby writes:
> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
> > Keith Willoughby wrote:
> >
> >> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was
> linked to
> >> France by it?
> >
> > Switzerland
>
> No.

No? Right. Italy, then.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Common sense isn't any more common on Usenet
msb@vex.net | than it is anywhere else." --Henry Spencer

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>>Keith Willoughby wrote:

>>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
>>
>>Racquet
>
> Nope

Glee :)

>>> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
>>
>>Afghanistan, Iran
>

> Afghanistan correct, Iran incorrect

Pakistan

--Jeff

--

Barbara Bailey wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:55:59 +0100, Keith Willoughby
> <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
> Whatshisname Fontana,

Yup.

> Ace?

No

>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
>> France by it?
> Switzerland

Nope

>> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
> drat.. Nashville?

No

>> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
>> Valentine's Day Massacre?
> suits?

No

>> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
>> by the same actor in the film and the series?
> Radar O'Reilly (Gary Burghoff) althogh he was fairly minor in the
> film.

Correct

>> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
> I'm not sure -- was Painless Waldowski the dentist in the TV show?
> if so, then him, and John Schuck is the actor

Not the one I'm thinking of

>> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
> Little Golden Books?

No

>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
> Racquet?

No

>> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
> Afghanistan & Russia?

Afghanistan is correct. Russia isn't.

>> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
>> in 1997?
> false

It's true. Amazing what modern brakes and the instiutional removal of
pedestrians from public roads can do.

>> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
> wild guess here: Carry On Sergeant?

Wild guess is correct.

>> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
>> comedy?
> Heaven?

Nope

>> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup in
>> 1953?
>
> Barb

Nope. :) That one's never getting old.

"When you're with me it's always summer"

Keith Willoughby wrote:

> Barbara Bailey wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:55:59 +0100, Keith Willoughby
>><keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?
>>
>>Whatshisname Fontana,
>

> Yup.
>

>>Ace?
>

> No
>

>>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
>>> France by it?
>>
>>Switzerland
>

> Nope
>

>>> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?
>>
>>drat.. Nashville?
>

> No
>

>>> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
>>> Valentine's Day Massacre?
>>
>>suits?
>

> No

Police uniforms.

>>> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
>>> by the same actor in the film and the series?
>>
>>Radar O'Reilly (Gary Burghoff) althogh he was fairly minor in the
>>film.
>

> Correct
>

>>> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>>
>>I'm not sure -- was Painless Waldowski the dentist in the TV show?
>>if so, then him, and John Schuck is the actor
>

> Not the one I'm thinking of
>

>>> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
>>
>>Little Golden Books?
>

> No
>

>>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
>>
>>Racquet?
>

> No
>

>>> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?
>>
>>Afghanistan & Russia?
>

> Afghanistan is correct. Russia isn't.

Afghanistan and Pakistan

>>> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
>>> in 1997?
>>
>>false
>

> It's true. Amazing what modern brakes and the instiutional removal of
> pedestrians from public roads can do.
>

>>> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
>>
>>wild guess here: Carry On Sergeant?
>

> Wild guess is correct.
>

>>> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
>>> comedy?
>>
>>Heaven?
>

> Nope
>

>>> 60. Who scored a hat-trick in the so-called Matthews Final of the FA Cup in
>>> 1953?
>>
>>Barb
>

> Nope. :) That one's never getting old.

--
Mark Thornquist

Mark Brader wrote:

> Jeffrey Turner writes:
>> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> > 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
>> > function. What did he call her?
>
> Dinah?

Worse

>> > 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
>> > by the same actor in the film and the series?
>>
>> Hawkeye Pierce
> Walter "Radar" O'Reilly, I think.

Yup

>> > (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>
> One of the nurses, maybe?

No

>> > 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
>> > in 1997?
>>
>> True
>
> I'll go with False. I wouldn't think it would even be close.

It's true, 4886 to 3559

>> > 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
>
> Well, with that name -- sumo wrestling?

You'd think so. It's close, but it's not right, though.

>> > 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
>> > comedy?
>
> Pimlico.
>
> Of course, that's wrong.

Only to mindless literalists.

F.U.T.K

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

>> Walter "Radar" O'Reilly, I think.

> Yup

I was curious enough about this to do an IMDB search, to find out the
answer before Keith posted it. It turns out that the question is wrong.

Bonus: Which *two* minor characters also qualify?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "What we're looking for is the correct misnomer."
msb@vex.net | --Rodney Boyd

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Mark Brader wrote:
>>Jeffrey Turner writes:

>>>Hawkeye Pierce
>>
>>Walter "Radar" O'Reilly, I think.
>
> Yup

As soon as I saw that answer, I knew it was right. I was in a rush
going out the door when I saw this posted, so I didn't give myself
any time to reflect deeply.

>>>True
>>
>>I'll go with False. I wouldn't think it would even be close.
>
> It's true, 4886 to 3559

Mark hasn't figured out that it's one of those things that wouldn't be
worth a question if the answer wasn't counterintuitive.

--Jeff

--
Americans will always do the right thing
- after they have exhausted every other
possibility. --Winston Churchill

Loyalty to the country always, loyalty
to the government when it deserves it.
--Mark Twain

Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum.
We're marching for freedom today-ay!
So turn on your headlights
and sound your horn,
if people get in the way. --Neil Innes

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

> > Well, with that name -- sumo wrestling?
>
> You'd think so. It's close, but it's not right, though.

That would make it judo.

Mark Brader wrote:

> Keith Willoughby writes:
>> Jeffrey Turner wrote:

>> linked to
>> >
>> > Switzerland
>>
>> No.
>
> No? Right. Italy, then.

Yup.

They're parking camels where the taxis used to be

Mark Thornquist wrote:

>>>suits?
>> No
>>

> Police uniforms.

Yup

>>>Afghanistan & Russia?
>> Afghanistan is correct. Russia isn't.
>>

> Afghanistan and Pakistan

Yup

Jesus El Pifco was a foreigner and he knew it.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <873c4sv8cw.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...

> Music
> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?

Mr. Clark himself

> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a hit in
> 1977?
> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in the
> 1960s?
> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?

Wayne Fontana

> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar by the
> door?

Eleanor Rigby

> The 60s
> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?

Kenya?

> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ presented the first
> show?
> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
> France by it?

Switzerland?

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?

Memphis, Tennessee

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is Woodstock?

New York, but the festival wasn't in Woodstock, it was in Bethel, New York.

> General Knowledge
> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> function. What did he call her?

Princess Anne?

> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not guilty are
> two. What is the third?
> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?

light

> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
> Valentine's Day Massacre?
> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in London
> known?
>
> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?

medical officer

> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?

Radar

> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>
> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?

The Simpsons

> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You when he
> failed to turn up?
>
> Literature
> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?

MacBeth

> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's place?
> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?

Pygmalion

> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?

Mark Twain

> Geography
> 26. Tirol is a province of which country

Italy

> 27. What is the capital of Syria?

Damascus

> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?
> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?
>
> Cars
> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of which
> car?
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did Lamborghini
> mainly make?
> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> 34. Which company made the Quattro?

Audi

> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky Races?
>
> General Knowledge
> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?

Badminton

> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in England?
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news last week?
> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?

Haiti

> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?
> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9 imperial
> gallons?
> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?

Afganistan and Pakistan

> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?
> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?

dandelion

> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in 1926 than
> in 1997?

true

> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971 Admiral's Cup?
> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison in 1949,
> and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?

Tokyo Rose?

> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea

Jordan

> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?

eyeball

> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?
> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?

Fiddler On The Roof

> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a tight-end?

American footbal, maybe Canadian as well

> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to in the 1949 Ealing
> comedy?
> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?
> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the Road
> Runner cartoons?

Acme

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <873c4sv8cw.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in 1960?
>
> Kenya?

No

>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was linked to
>> France by it?
>
> Switzerland?

No

>> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
>> function. What did he call her?
>
> Princess Anne?

No.

>> 26. Tirol is a province of which country
>
> Italy

No. There is a Tirol in Italy, but I don't think it's a province.

>> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
>
> Badminton

No

Others correct

"Load up on drugs, kill your friends"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87zn70s4zx.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> Marc Dashevsky wrote:
> > In article <873c4sv8cw.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> >> 26. Tirol is a province of which country
> >
> > Italy
>
> No. There is a Tirol in Italy, but I don't think it's a province.

Austria?

> >> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and ____________ Club?
> >
> > Badminton
>
> No

Croquet?

--

Steve Grant wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was
> linked to
>> France by it?
>
> Switzerland

No

>> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
>> Valentine's Day Massacre?
>
> stylishly, in black

Possibly, yes. Looking for more specific answer, though :)

>> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?
>> Geography
>
> Samuel "Roger" Clemens

How many times did Sam retire?

>> 26. Tirol is a province of which country
>
> Italy

No

>> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?
>
> the river nobody wants to admit to -- de Nile

Nope.

>> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?
>
> Zorba the Greek

No

Rest correct.

9-3

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87zn70s4zx.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> Marc Dashevsky wrote:
>> > In article <873c4sv8cw.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> >
>> > Italy
>>
>> No. There is a Tirol in Italy, but I don't think it's a province.
>
> Austria?

Yup

Somebody claiming to be Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in

> Music
> 1. Who was the drummer in the Dave Clark Five?

1. Dave Clark

> 2. With which song did the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band have a
> hit in
> 1977?
> 3. Which legendary West Country band were formed by Adge Cutler in
> the
> 1960s?

3. Not very legendary if they never made it big in the States. :)

> 4. Which pop singer was backed by The Mindbenders?

4. Wayne Fontana

> 5. According to the Beatles, who had a face that she kept in a jar
> by the
> door?

5. Ah, look at all the lonely people. Eleanor Rigby

> The 60s
> 6. In which country did the Sharpeville Massacre take place in
> 1960?

6. South Africa

> 7. Radio Caroline began broadcasting in 1964. Which DJ
> presented the first
> show?
> 8. The Mont Blanc tunnel was completed in 1965. Which country was
> linked to
> France by it?

8. Italy

> 9. Martin Luther King was assassinated in 1968. In which city?

9. Memphis

> 10. The Woodstock festival was held in 1969. In which state is
> Woodstock?

10. New York

> General Knowledge
> 11. Ronald Reagan once famously got Princess Diana's name wrong at a
> function. What did he call her?

11. Queen Elizabeth? Anorectic bitch??

> 12. A Scottish court can return three verdicts. Guilty and not
> guilty are
> two. What is the third?

12. Insane

> 13. What is photophobia the morbid fear of?

13. Light

> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the
> St
> Valentine's Day Massacre?

14. In tuxes, IIRC.

> 15. How is the intersection of Oxford Street and Regent's Street in
> London
> known?
>
> TV
> 16. Which part did DeForest Kelley play in Star Trek?

16. Bones McCoy

> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
> 18. Which was the only one of the main characters in M*A*S*H who was
> played
> by the same actor in the film and the series?
>
> (Bonus: Which minor character also qualifies?)
>
> 19. Seymour Skinner is the headmaster in which TV show?

19. The Simpsons

> 20. Who was replaced by a tub of lard on Have I Got News For You
> when he
> failed to turn up?

20. Gordon Brown

> Literature
> 21. Which Shakespeare play features a ghost called Banquo?

21. Hamlet

> 22. What was the children's equivalent of the Penguin Books brand?
> 23. The Bible: Who was forced to carry Jesus's cross in Jesus's
> place?
> 24. My Fair Lady' is a musical version of which play?

24. Pygmalion

> 25. Who wrote A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court?

25. Mark Twain

> Geography
> 26. Tirol is a province of which country

26. Austria

> 27. What is the capital of Syria?

27. Damascus

> 28. Lanzarote is a member of which island group?

28. Balearic?

> 29. On which river do the Victoria Falls stand?

29. Zambezi

> Cars
> 31. The Riley Elf and the Wolsely Hornet were up-market versions of
> which
> car?
> 32. Before they started making cars, what kind of vehicle did
> Lamborghini
> mainly make?
> 33. Which company makes the Espace people carrier?
> 34. Which company made the Quattro?

34. Audi

> 35. Which cartoon heroine drove The Compact Pussycat in the Wacky
> Races?

35. Josie?

> General Knowledge
> 36. Wimbledon is actually the All-England Lawn Tennis and
> ____________ Club?

36. Croquet.

> 37. Which cathedral has the tallest spire in
> England?
> 38. Who is the Italian prime minister, much in the news
> last week?

38. Silvio Berlusconi

> 39. Which race course is located 6 miles south of Dublin?
> 40. Which country shares the island of Hispaniola with the Dominican
> Republic?

40. Haiti

> 41. How did Roman Abramovich make the news last week?

41. Spending 17 times the gross national product of Lesotho to buy a
reserve player for Chelsea FC.

> 42. What name is given to a small wooden keg with a capacity of 9
> imperial
> gallons?
> 43. Which two countries does the Khyber Pass link?

43. Pakistan and Afghanistan

> 44. What does the WD in WD-40 stand for?

44. Water Displacement

> 45. What common plant's name literally means "lion's tooth"?

45. Dandelion

> 46. True or false: More people died in road accidents in the UK in
> 1926 than
> in 1997?
> 47. Which BBC quiz show's theme was called Approaching Danger?
> 48. In which sport was Kendo Nagasaki a star in the 70s?
> 49. Who helmed his yacht Morning Cloud to victory in the 1971
> Admiral's Cup?
> 50. As Iva Toguri D'Aquino, she was sentenced to 10
> years in prison in 1949,
> and pardoned by Gerald Ford in 1977. How is she better known?

50. Tokyo Rose? (Either that, or Axis Sally)

> 51. Which river flows from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea

51. Jordan

> 52. Where in the body would you find vitreous humour?

52. Eye

> 53. Which was the first of the Carry On films?

53. "Carry on, you've all done very well!"
"Thank you, Mr. Grace!"

> 54. From which musical does the song "If I Were A Rich Man" come?

54. Fiddler on the Roof?

> 55. In which show would you hear Bloodnok, Eccles and Bluebottle?
> 56. In which sport might you find a cornerback, a safety, and a
> tight-end?

56. American football. (Might? You're in serious trouble if you're
missing all of those positions. :)

> 57. Where did Stanley Holloway need a passport to get to
> in the 1949 Ealing
> comedy?
> 58. How many British cyclists have won the Tour De France?

58. Zero, although at least one Irish rider has.

> 59. From which company did Wile E. Coyote buy his explosives in the
> Road
> Runner cartoons?

59. Acme

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
The way I see it, you raised three children who could knock out and hog-

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>>> 14. How were Al Capon's mobsters dressed when they carried out the St
>>> Valentine's Day Massacre?
>
> Bakers? (Al Capon's mobsters? Are those the castrated ones?)

Nope

>>> 17. Who played Blake in Blake's Seven?
>
> Is this a trick question?

No. Blake was a character.

> ObTrivia: Why is Salisbury all built in one style?
> Ob2: An original of what famous document is on display there?

Magna Carta?

> Ob3: One of the oldest of a certain type of mechanical contraption is
> also native to Salisbury cathedral, what is it?

Clock?

Others correct

Votad Al Frente Popular