Where is the ATI 9600 mobile?

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Does anyone know what has happened to the ATI 9600 Mobile? The ATI website only lists two sellers, Eurocom and VOODOO. Has the 13nm shrink process clobbered ATI as well as Nvidia? I have not seen any information about this have you?

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
It's a very new product, so it might take a while for vendors to ship these to retailers. I'm not so certain hyou could jsut instantly plug in any video card on any new laptop available. I thought the DELL people and other laptop vendors had to do this.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Perhaps you are right, However by comparison, Nvidia released their 5600 into mass market with Toshiba and now Dell. ATI claimed not to have any problem with the die shrink to 13 nm but they are not in the major vendors laptops as of yet. It leaves me wondering...............

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
hypersonic and sager has them too. which by the way, im thinkin about gettin a hypersonic lappie, any comments on that company?

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
It seems your in the upper crust of computer companies -expensive!!! I would compare the Voodoo to the Hypersonic and get the right price/performance mix. Try this link below from Gamepc it seems to be the same price/performance range. http://www.gamepc.com/labs/