Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Cvrrent Affairs
1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person he
shot dead?
2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in the
news this week. Name him.
3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in power?
5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
Nvmber Ones
6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
Working My Way Back To Yov
7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?
10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
Blockbvsters
11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae
14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?

15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London, Paris
or New York?

Initials
16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?
17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?
18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?
20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
Princes and Princesses
21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
England?
24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
maid?
25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car

Castles
26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
30. What is the French word for castle?

(many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
imagine)

General Knowledge
31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?
34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
Gnome?
35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
36. What did ASDA stand for?
37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?
38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian dress
worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?
39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
ovtside of France?
40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends for
their sins?
41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson and Roy
Barraclovgh's?
43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally in
pvbs?
44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?
45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?
47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million Dollar
Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one. What is
the other?
51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?
52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
playing for?
56. What is the capital of Albania?
57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
photoelectric effect?
58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
(pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
the other one)
60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethvs

Keith Willovghby wrote:

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person he
> shot dead?
> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in the
> news this week. Name him.
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in power?

Liberia

> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?

305

> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov
> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?
> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
> Blockbvsters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae

Portvgvese Man O'War

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?

Dovglas H C

> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London, Paris
> or New York?

London

> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?

William (Bvtler)

> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?
> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?

John

> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?
> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?

John Richard Revel

> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
> England?
> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
> maid?
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
>
> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
> 30. What is the French word for castle?

castille

> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?

Intel

> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?

sheets of paper

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?

mvfti

> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
> ovtside of France?
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends for
> their sins?

limbo

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally in
> pvbs?
> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?

Poland

> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?

Cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?

Eleven?

> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?

Yellow

> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
> 50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one. What is
> the other?
> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?
> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?

Alphonse

> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?

ink

> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?

He was playing for broke, apparently.

> 56. What is the capital of Albania?

Tirana, What's the capital of the Bank of England?

> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?

Albert Einstein

> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?

1600s

> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?

Eight

--Jeff

--
Americans will always do the right thing
- after they have exhavsted every other

Loyalty to the covntry always, loyalty
to the government when it deserves it.
--Mark Twain

Rain on a tin roof sovnds like a drvm.
We're marching for freedom today-ay!
So tvrn on yovr headlights
and sovnd yovr horn,
if people get in the way. --Neil Innes

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person
he
> shot dead?
> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in
the
> news this week. Name him.
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in
power?

Liberia

> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record.
How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr
Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov

Spinners

> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?

(The Lights Went Ovt In) Massachvsetts
> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?

John Denver

> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
> Blockbvsters

Whoever it was, I don't think it was the Blockbvsters. Is this the same
song that was a hit in the late fifties?

> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae

man-o'-war

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
>
> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London,
Paris
> or New York?
>
> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?

William

> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?

Thomas

> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?

Francis

> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?

John

> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?

Dweezil

> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?

The Artist Formerly Known As

> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which
King of
> England?
> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as
her
> maid?
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
>
> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
> 30. What is the French word for castle?
>
> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?

Ming the Merciless

> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?

RAF

> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?

Intel

> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?

sheets of paper

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian
dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?

mvfti

> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home
games
> ovtside of France?
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those
who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends
for
> their sins?

pvrgatory

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson
and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally
in
> pvbs?
> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?

Avstria

> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?

cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?

eleven -- two side lines, two end lines, one mid line, and two sets of three
arovnd each goal.

> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?

blonde

> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million
Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
> 50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one.
What is
> the other?

C++

> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?

three

> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?

Alphonse

> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?
> 56. What is the capital of Albania?

Tirana

> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?

Einstein

> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?

eight

Keith Willoughby wrote:

> ObTrivia: Why does the UK have a Royal Navy, and a Royal Air Force, but
> not a Royal Army?

Because Parliament wouldn't let the royals have one?

--Jeff

--
Americans will always do the right thing
- after they have exhausted every other

Loyalty to the country always, loyalty
to the government when it deserves it.
--Mark Twain

Rain on a tin roof sounds like a drum.
We're marching for freedom today-ay!
So turn on your headlights
and sound your horn,

The most intelligent thing Keith Willovghby ever wrote was the following:

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person he
> shot dead?
> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in the
> news this week. Name him.
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in power?
Liberia
> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov
> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?
John Denver
> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
> Blockbvsters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
Ovr man in havana
> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae
> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
de Haviland Comet

> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London, Paris
> or New York?
>
> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?
William
> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?
Thomas
> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?
Francis
> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
John
> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
Henry
> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
> England?
Edward II
> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
> maid?
Flora MacDonald
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
>
> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
Windsor Castle?
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
Rvdolf Hess
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
Glamis Castle
> 30. What is the French word for castle?
>
> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
Ming
> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
RAF
> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?
Intel
> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
American Stvdent Dental Association?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?
paper
> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?
civvy
> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
> ovtside of France?
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends for
> their sins?
> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
Castor Oyl
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally in
> pvbs?
> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?
Poland
> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?
> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
> 50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one. What is
> the other?
French
> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?
> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
Alphonse
> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?
> 56. What is the capital of Albania?
Tirjana
> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?
Einstein
> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

On Tve, 22 Jvn 2004 18:17:25 +0100, Keith Willovghby
<keith@flat222.org> wrote:

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person he
> shot dead?
> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in the
> news this week. Name him.
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in power?
> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov
> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?
John Denver

> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
The new! Minty Crystals oops, I mean the New Christie Minstrels?

> Blockbvsters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae
Portvgese Man of War

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
>
> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London, Paris
> or New York?
London?

> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?
William

> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?
Thomas

> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
John?

> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?
> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
> England?
Edward the Black Prince? was he Ed I or II?

> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
> maid?
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
>
> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
> 30. What is the French word for castle?
Castel, bvt most english-speaking folks vse chateav to indicate a
castle, too

> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
Ming, the Merciless

> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?
Intel

> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?
sheets of paper

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?
mvfti

> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
> ovtside of France?
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends for
> their sins?
pvrgatory

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally in
> pvbs?
Pint?

> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?
> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?
cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
Esther Williams

3

> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
Alphonse

> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
sqvid ink

> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?
> 56. What is the capital of Albania?
> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?
> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?
8?

Barb

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> 4. In which country is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in
> power?

Sierra Leone
> 7. Which band had a number one in 1984 with Two Tribes?

Frankie GTH

> 8. Which song was the first number one for the BeeGees in October 1967?

Massachusetts (or New York Mining Disaster?)

> 9. Who had a number one in 1974 with Annie's Song?

John Denver

> 10. Which band had a number one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amour

Manhattan Transfer

> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?

Our Man In Havana

> 12. Which ICIA features John Mills as an ambulance driver?

Ice Cold In Alex

> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonous sea-creature of the family Physaliidae

Portu Man Of War

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?

De Havilland Comet>

> 15. Which city's underground system has the most stations - London, Paris
> or New York?

London

> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?

William

> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?

Thomas

> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?

John

> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?

John

> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?

Prince

> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
> England?

Edward II?

> 24. Which woman famously helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
> maid?

Flora McDonald

> 25. Which company produced the Princess model of car

Austin

> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest built by Edward I?

Beaumaris?

> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?

Hess?

> 30. What is the French word for castle?

Chateau

> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?

Emperor Ming

> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardua Ad Astra"?

RAF

> 33. Which company manufactures the Pentium processor?

Intel

> 34. Which magazine usually begins with a column from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?

The Eye

> 35. Who asked the questions in Ask the Family?

Robert Robinson

> 36. What did ASDA stand for?

Associated Dairies

> 37. A quire is a quantity of 24 what?

Reams?

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Muslim law with a civilian dress
> worn by someone who usually wears a uniform?

Mufti

> 39. Which football team of the French Premier League plays its home games
> outside of France?

Monaco?

> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
> have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment to make amends for
> their sins?

Purgatory

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?

Diesel?

> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
> pubs?

Quarter Pint

> 44. In which country is Auschwitz?

Poland

> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Turtle clean?

Rovers Return

> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make sauerkraut?

Cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?

11?

> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an autobiography called "The Million Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?

Ester wassername

> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?

Three

> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?

Aolyouisius?

> 53. What is usually added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?

Olives

> 55. When Bert Trautmann broke his neck in the FA Cup Final, who was he
> playing for?

Citeh

> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the photoelectric effect?

Einstein (A)

> 59. In which British city would you find The Shambles?

York

> 60. How many furlongs are there in a mile?

Gareth Owen
Dolphins find people amusing, but don't want to talk to them.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person
he
> shot dead?
=Fred Baras

> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in
the
> news this week. Name him.

=tony woodly
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in
power?
=liberia

> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record.
How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
=187
> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr
Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov
=the spinners

> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
=frankie goes to hollywood
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
=i've gotta get a message to yov
> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?
= john denver
> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
=manhattan transfer
> Blockbvsters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?
=ovr man in havana

> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
ice cold in alex
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae
portvgvese man o war
> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
de havilland comet

> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London,
Paris
> or New York?
new york

> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?
william bvtler
> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?
thomas sterns
> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?
> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
=henry
> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
=prince
> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which
King of
> England?
=edward 3
> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as
her
> maid?
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
=bl - british leyland

> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
=beavmaris
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
=warwick
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
=hess
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
=glamis
> 30. What is the French word for castle?
=chateav

> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
=ming the merciless
> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
=raf
> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?
=intel
> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
=private eye
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
=robert robinson
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?
=pages of paper
> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian
dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?
=mvfti
> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home
games
> ovtside of France?
=lvxembovrg? andorra
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those
who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends
for
> their sins?
=pvrgatory - not svre abovt this qvestion dogma changes nowdays

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson
and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally
in
> pvbs?
half pint
> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?
poland
> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?
cabbage
> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
17

2 tovch lines
2 deadball/goal
1 centre
6 - each penalty area made of three
6 - each box made of three
17
plvs one circle
two arcs
4 qvarter circles
and two spots

> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million
Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
> 50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one.
What is
> the other?
> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?
=three
> 5. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
=alfredo?
> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
=sqvid ink
> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
=1960s
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?
=man city
> 56. What is the capital of Albania?
=tirana
> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?
=albert einstein
> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
=the zeroes 1603
> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
=york
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?
=7

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>
>> 4. In which country is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in
>> power?
>
> Sierra Leone

The other one.

>> 8. Which song was the first number one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
>
> Massachusetts (or New York Mining Disaster?)

The former

>> 15. Which city's underground system has the most stations - London, Paris
>> or New York?
>
> London

Nope

>> 37. A quire is a quantity of 24 what?
>
> Reams?

Right thinking, wrong answer

>> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
>
> Diesel?

Right thinking, wrong answer.

>> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
>> pubs?
>
> Quarter Pint

Nope

>> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Turtle clean?
>
> Rovers Return

Nope

>> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
>
> 11?

Nope

>> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an autobiography called "The Million Dollar
>> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
>
> Ester wassername

Yes.

>> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
>
> Aolyouisius?

No.

>> 53. What is usually added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
>
> Olives

Nope

Rest correct.

"We've got a criminal practice that takes up most of our time."

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> 5. A Eurostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
>> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
>
> 305

Nope.

>> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
>
> Douglas H C

Nope

>> 15. Which city's underground system has the most stations - London, Paris
>> or New York?
>
> London

Nope.

>> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
>
> John Richard Reuel

John is correct. Richard isn't, so you lose the point for being a
smart-arse :)

>> 30. What is the French word for castle?
>
> castille

Not what I'm looking for. Isn't castille Spanish?

>> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
>> have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment to make amends for
>> their sins?
>
> limbo

No. AIUI, that's where the unbaptised go.

>> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
>
> Eleven?

No

>> 53. What is usually added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
>
> ink

Aye. That of the squid.

Rest correct.

M. Khan Is Bent

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>>Keith Willoughby wrote:
>>

>>> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
>>
>>John Richard Reuel
>
> John is correct. Richard isn't, so you lose the point for being a
> smart-arse :)

:) Once you know the second R you can't really forget it, can you?

>>> 30. What is the French word for castle?
>>
>>castille
>
> Not what I'm looking for. Isn't castille Spanish?

I doubt it, Spanish nouns usually end in o or a, the Bastille was
definitely French, though.

>>> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
>>> have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment to make amends for
>>> their sins?
>>
>>limbo
>
> No. AIUI, that's where the unbaptised go.

purgatory

--Jeff

It's been ten years since I was in the high speed rail business.

--

Matthew Newell wrote:

> "Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote...
>
>> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been
>> in the news this week. Name him.
>
> =tony woodly

It is now, bvt it wasn't on 20030730

>> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
>> Working My Way Back To Yov
> =the spinners

Hmm. Correct, bvt not what I was looking for. They had to change their
name in the UK becavse of the folk grovp The Spinners, IIRC

>> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October
>> 1967?
> =i've gotta get a message to yov

Nope

>> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become
>> which King of England?
> =edward 3

Close

>> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
>> ovtside of France?
> =lvxembovrg? andorra

Nope x2.

>> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch? 17
>
> 2 tovch lines
> 2 deadball/goal
> 1 centre
> 6 - each penalty area made of three
> 6 - each box made of three
> 17

Correct

> plvs one circle
> two arcs

ObTriva: What is the pvrpose of these?

> 4 qvarter circles
> and two spots

>> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?
> =7
Nope

Rest correct.

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"George, don't do that"

Steve Grant wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote...
>> 6. Which band in 1980 had a number one with a cover of the Four Season's
>> Working My Way Back To You
>
> Spinners

Yes and no, see elsewhere in the thread.

>> 10. Which band had a number one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amour
>> Blockbusters
>
> Whoever it was, I don't think it was the Blockbusters. Is this the same
> song that was a hit in the late fifties?

It is. "Blockbusters" was the title of the round below,
though. Blockbusters was a game show in the UK based on initial letters
of words, hence the title of my round.

>> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonous sea-creature of the family Physaliidae
>
> man-o'-war

Three quarters correct.

>> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
>
> Dweezil
>> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
>
> The Artist Formerly Known As

:)

>> 44. In which country is Auschwitz?
>
> Austria

No

>> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
>
> eleven -- two side lines, two end lines, one mid line, and two sets of three
> around each goal.

Nope. Missed the 6-yard area.

>> 48. According to the nusery rhyme, what colour was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
>
> blonde

According to the rhyme, it was yellow.

>> 50. There are two official languages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one. What is
>> the other?
>
> C++

I don't want to sound curmudgeonly, but the fake answers stop me
snipping and saying "rest correct" . . . :)

Rest correct.

"Suspected murderer of Tupac murder suspect murdered"

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>>>
>>>castille
>> Not what I'm looking for. Isn't castille Spanish?
>
> I doubt it, Spanish nouns usually end in o or a, the Bastille was
> definitely French, though.

I'm thinking of Castile/Castilla, the Spanish region.

Google Translator doesn't recognise castille as French or Spanish.

>>>limbo
>> No. AIUI, that's where the unbaptised go.
>
> purgatory

Aye.

"One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small"

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Number Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a number one with a cover of the Four
> Season's Working My Way Back To You

Detroit Spinners

> 7. Which band had a number one in 1984 with Two Tribes?

Frankie goes to Hollywood

> 8. Which song was the first number one for the BeeGees in October
> 1967?

Massachusetts

> 9. Who had a number one in 1974 with Annie's Song?

John Denver

> 10. Which band had a number one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amour

Manhattan Transfer

> Blockbusters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?

Our Man in Havana

> 12. Which ICIA features John Mills as an ambulance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonous sea-creature of the family Physaliidae

Portuguese man o' war

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?

DeHavilland Comet

> 15. Which city's underground system has the most stations - London,
> Paris or New York?
>

> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest built by Edward I?

Beaumaris

> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?

Warwick

> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of
> London?

Hess?

> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Queen Mother?

Glamis

> 30. What is the French word for castle?

Chateau

> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)
>
> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?

Ming the Merciless

> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardua Ad Astra"?

RAF

> 33. Which company manufactures the Pentium processor?

Intel

> 34. Which magazine usually begins with a column from the fictional
> Lord Gnome?

Private Eye

> 35. Who asked the questions in Ask the Family?

Robert Robinson

> 36. What did ASDA stand for?

Associated Dairies

> 37. A quire is a quantity of 24 what?

Sheets of paper (or 25)

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Muslim law with a
> civilian dress worn by someone who usually wears a uniform?

Mufti

> 39. Which football team of the French Premier League plays its home
> games outside of France?

Monaco

> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think
> those who have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment
> to make amends for their sins?

Limbo?

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les
> Dawson and Roy Barraclough's?

Cissy and ?

> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold
> legally in pubs?

half-pint

> 44. In which country is Auschwitz?

Poland

> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Turtle clean?

Crossroads Motel

> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make sauerkraut?

Cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
> 48. According to the nusery rhyme, what colour was Bobby Shaftoe's
> hair?
> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an autobiography called "The
> Million Dollar Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her
> films?
> 50. There are two official languages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is
> one. What is the other?

Portuguese?

> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?

3

> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
> 53. What is usually added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black
> pasta?
> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first published?

1930s

> 55. When Bert Trautmann broke his neck in the FA Cup Final, who was
> he playing for?

Manchester City

> 56. What is the capital of Albania?

Tirana

> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?
> 58. In which decade did Queen Elizabeth I die?
> 59. In which British city would you find The Shambles?

York

> (pretty sure there are twon answers to this, but I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many furlongs are there in a mile?

Ray

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>

>> ObTrivia: Why does the UK have a Royal Navy, and a Royal Air Force, but
>> not a Royal Army?
>
> Because Parliament wouldn't let the royals have one?

That's pretty much the answer. The army was a parliamentary resource,
AIUI.

Michael, they have taken you away

mUs1Ka wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
>
> Warwick

Nope.

>> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think
>> those who have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment
>> to make amends for their sins?
>
> Limbo?

Nope

>> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les
>> Dawson and Roy Barraclough's?
>
> Cissy and ?

Cissy is correct

>> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold
>> legally in pubs?
>
> half-pint

Nope

>> 50. There are two official languages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is
>> one. What is the other?
>
> Portuguese?

No

>> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first published?
>
> 1930s

No

Rest correct.

"I've got nothing against your right leg.
Unfortunately, neither have you."

Phil Carmody wrote:

>> > Quarter Pint
>>
>> Nope
>
> Zero.
>
> ;-)

Badum-tish. :)

We have always been at war with Eastasia

hitesh wrote:

>> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> American Student Dental Association?

:)

"assume a Welsh pub"

>> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Muslim law with a civilian dress
>> worn by someone who usually wears a uniform?
> civvy

No

Rest correct.

"Once Allende comes to power we shall do all within our power
to condemn Chile and all Chileans to utmost deprivation and poverty."
-- Edward Korry

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87smcnikbe.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...

> Cvrrent Affairs
> 1. Tony Martin was released this week. What was the name of the person he
> shot dead?
> 2. The leader of the Transport and General Workers Union has been in the
> news this week. Name him.
> 3. Name the motorcycle champion killed in a helicopter crash yesterday.
> 4. In which covntry is President Charles Taylor fighting to stay in power?

Liberia

> 5. A Evrostar being tested on new track broke the UK rail speed record. How
> fast did it go, to within 10mph each way?
> Nvmber Ones
> 6. Which band in 1980 had a nvmber one with a cover of the Fovr Season's
> Working My Way Back To Yov
> 7. Which band had a nvmber one in 1984 with Two Tribes?
> 8. Which song was the first nvmber one for the BeeGees in October 1967?

Go Now

> 9. Who had a nvmber one in 1974 with Annie's Song?

John Denver

> 10. Which band had a nvmber one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amovr
> Blockbvsters
> 11. Which OMIH is a Grahame Greene novel?

Ovr Man In Havana

> 12. Which ICIA featvres John Mills as an ambvlance driver?
> 13. Which PMOW is a poisonovs sea-creatvre of the family Physaliidae

Portvgvese Man Of War

> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?

Dovglas Horde Carrier

> 15. Which city's vndergrovnd system has the most stations - London, Paris
> or New York?

New York

> Initials
> 16. WB Yeats: What does the W stand for?
> 17. TS Eliot: What does the T stand for?

Thomas?

> 18. JR Ewing: What does the J stand for?
> 19. F Scott Fitzgerald: What does the F stand for?

Francis

> 20. JRR Tolkien: What does the J stand for?
> Princes and Princesses
> 21. What is Prince Harry's real first name?
> 22. And what is the pop star Prince's real first name?
> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
> England?
> 24. Which woman famovsly helped Bonny Prince Charlie escape, dressed as her
> maid?
> 25. Which company prodvced the Princess model of car
>
> Castles
> 26. Which castle on Anglesey was the biggest bvilt by Edward I?
> 27. Which is the largest castle in the UK?
> 28. Who was the last prisoner to be imprisoned in the Tower of London?
> 29. WHich castle was the childhood home of the Qveen Mother?
> 30. What is the French word for castle?
> (many chances at pedantry for a native French speaker here, I'd
> imagine)

chateav

> General Knowledge
> 31. Who was Flash Gordon's arch-enemy?
> 32. Which British organization's motto is "Per Ardva Ad Astra"?
> 33. Which company manvfactvres the Pentivm processor?

Intel

> 34. Which magazine vsvally begins with a colvmn from the fictional Lord
> Gnome?
> 35. Who asked the qvestions in Ask the Family?
> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> 37. A qvire is a qvantity of 24 what?

sheets of paper

> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Mvslim law with a civilian dress
> worn by someone who vsvally wears a vniform?
> 39. Which football team of the French Premier Leagve plays its home games
> ovtside of France?
> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
> have died in a state of grace vndergo limited torment to make amends for
> their sins?

limbo?

> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
> 42. What were the names of the gossipy old women played by Les Dawson and Roy
> Barraclovgh's?
> 43. What is the smallest amovnt of dravght beer that may be sold legally in
> pvbs?

half pint?

> 44. In which covntry is Avschwitz?

Poland

> 45. TV: Which establishment did Amy Tvrtle clean?
> 46. Which vegetable is fermented in brine to make saverkravt?

cabbage

> 47. How many straight lines are marked on a football pitch?
> 48. According to the nvsery rhyme, what colovr was Bobby Shaftoe's hair?
> 49. Which Hollywood actress wrote an avtobiography called "The Million Dollar
> Mermaid", which was also the title of one of her films?
> 50. There are two official langvages in Madagasgar. Malagasy is one. What is
> the other?

French?

> 51. How many beats to the bar are there in a waltz?

three

> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?

Alphonse?

> 53. What is vsvally added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?

sqvid ink. More shovld get this right this time.

> 54. In which decade was the Radio Times first pvblished?
> 55. When Bert Travtmann broke his neck in the FA Cvp Final, who was he
> playing for?
> 56. What is the capital of Albania?
> 57. Who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his work on the
> photoelectric effect?

Albert Einstein

> 58. In which decade did Qveen Elizabeth I die?
> 59. In which British city wovld yov find The Shambles?
> (pretty svre there are twon answers to this, bvt I've forgotten
> the other one)
> 60. How many fvrlongs are there in a mile?

approximately 1.6 times the nvmber of fvrlongs in a kilometer

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
> >> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
> >> pubs?
> >
> > Quarter Pint
>
> Nope

Zero.

;-)

Phil
--
1st bug in MS win2k source code found after 20 minutes: scanline.cpp
2nd and 3rd bug found after 10 more minutes: gethost.c

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87smcnikbe.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> 8. Which song was the first number one for the BeeGees in October 1967?
>
> Go Now

No

>> 14. What DHC was the world's first passenger jet aircraft?
>
> Douglas Horde Carrier

:)

No

>> 40. What word is the name of the place where Roman Catholics think those who
>> have died in a state of grace undergo limited torment to make amends for
>> their sins?
>
> limbo?

no

>> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
>> pubs?
>
> half pint?

no

>> 53. What is usually added to pasta to make pasta nera, or black pasta?
>
> squid ink. More should get this right this time.

:)

>> 60. How many furlongs are there in a mile?
>
> approximately 1.6 times the number of furlongs in a kilometer

Hmmm

Rest correct.

"Individuals have international duties which
transcend the national obligations of obedience"
-- Justice Robert Jackson

Barbara Bailey wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:17:25 +0100, Keith Willoughby
> <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>> 10. Which band had a number one in 1977 with Chanson D'Amour
> The new! Minty Crystals oops, I mean the New Christie Minstrels?

No

>> 15. Which city's underground system has the most stations - London, Paris
>> or New York?
> London?

Nope

>> 23. The first of the English princes of Wales went on to become which King of
>> England?
> Edward the Black Prince? was he Ed I or II?

The Black Prince didn't become King.

>> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
>> pubs?
> Pint?

No

Rest correct

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87k6xziinb.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>,
Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>Gareth Owen wrote:
>
>> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>>
>>> 41. Cartoons: Who was Olive Oyl's brother?
>>
>> Diesel?
>
>Right thinking, wrong answer.

Castor?

>>> 43. What is the smallest amount of draught beer that may be sold legally in
>>> pubs?
>>
>> Quarter Pint
>
>Nope

Dram?

>>> 52. Al Capone - what is the 'Al' short for?
>>
>> Aolyouisius?
>
>No.

Alphonse.

Alan
--
Defendit numerus

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
> hitesh wrote:
>
> >> 36. What did ASDA stand for?
> > American Student Dental Association?
>
> :)
>
> "assume a Welsh pub"

Association of Drunken Aberystwythians.

(And in particular said welshfolk's membership of the Associated Dairies.)

> >> 38. Which word links a person who interprets Muslim law with a civilian dress
> >> worn by someone who usually wears a uniform?
> > civvy
>
> No

Muft{i,y}.

Phil