another usb 2.0 / xp pro question

i've got xp pro and have installed sp2. unfortunately, device manager
still shows my usb controllers as being standard, not enhanced. i know
that my m/b is usb2.0 capable. any suggestions on how i can get xp pro to
recognise the ports as usb2.0?

thanks in advance.

Wil.
2 answers Last reply
More about another question

    Remove them, and they will automatacly reinstall after restart.

    Do an usb2 upgrade. Identification software>http://www.lavalys.com/

    "Wil" wrote:

    > i've got xp pro and have installed sp2. unfortunately, device manager
    > still shows my usb controllers as being standard, not enhanced. i know
    > that my m/b is usb2.0 capable. any suggestions on how i can get xp pro to
    > recognise the ports as usb2.0?
    >
    > thanks in advance.
    >
    > Wil.

    thanks for the tip. unfortunately, it didn't work. i've got some more
    monkey work to do now. :)

    wil.

    =?Utf-8?B?Tmljb2xpYW5p?= <Nicoliani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > Remove them, and they will automatacly reinstall after restart.
    >
    > Do an usb2 upgrade. Identification software>http://www.lavalys.com/
    >
    > "Wil" wrote:
    >
    >> i've got xp pro and have installed sp2. unfortunately, device
    >> manager still shows my usb controllers as being standard, not
    >> enhanced. i know that my m/b is usb2.0 capable. any suggestions on
    >> how i can get xp pro to recognise the ports as usb2.0?
    >>
    >> thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Wil.

Device Manager Support Windows XP Microsoft USB