Strange problem with 4200

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
this belong in motherboards because I'm not sure where the problem actually lies but this is whats happening:

Today my friend updated his nforce mobo drivers (A7N8X)
and his detonators (4200) and for some reason the video drivers will not install. There are no devices listed as display adapters and when installing the drivers through add new hardware, an error is given "the required section was not found in the inf"

Zim

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
ALl I can think of is to re-seat the card.

----------------------------------------------------
?! <--- indicates clueless excitement.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Which OS is he running? Also, if the Detonator download for some reason became corrupted, then the drivers wouldn't install properly. Re-download the newest version of Detonator and tell us which OS and Direct X version he is running. Also, on the NForce board, you might want to disable the onboard graphics chip in the BIOS if he hasn't already, which could cause some real MAJOR hinderences. I'm also running under the assumption that the monitor is plugged into the Ti4200 and not the onboard IGP440 chip, correct?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
It is possible for Windows installations to become corrupt, files to be modified or overwritten, IRQ conflicts, etc.

Whatever the case was, I'm just glad your all fixed up. :smile:

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
It might have been an IRQ conflict because when I went to the properties of the dumb (as in default) vga device, all the IRQ's were in conflict

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
If you can set the IRQ in the bios, set them to auto if possible. And if you just reinstalled your OS why not reformat it and reinstall one more time. The first installation could have gone wrong.