strange Boot up message

Hi there, recently i have noticed that as the pc boots up an additional set
of text
comes up with the following text appearing...!".Intel UNDI PXE 2.0 (Build
082)
Via Fast Rhine II Ethernet Adapter 2.25 Client Mac Address 00 11 09 B002 71
GUID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (followed ny) DHCP....._/\/\/\/"
(the later part rotating)
this goes on for around 1 minute then followed by..."PXE E51 No DHCP on Proxy
DHCP offers were received...
PXE-Mof: Exiting Intel PXE ROM".

the pc then continues to boot up ok then.

I have a Via ethernet adapter as described, but i have disabled this, but i
still get the same start up problem...Can anyone help me to resolve this
situation

I have an AMD64 athlon proccessor
1Gb ram
2x 200 Gb drives (one now partioned, although this message appeared before
the partioning)
Windows Home SP2
Regards
Doug

Check in your BIOS settings to see if your PC is set to boot from
the network. When your PC starts, look for what key
to press to enter Setup. The most common option is to hit the F2
or Del key. Once in the Setup program, look around for your Boot
settings. Look for a line "PXE boot to LAN". Set it to disabled.
Make sure when you exit the setup program you save the changes to
your settings. If that doesn't work, see if you can set up the
boot order to something more in line with the
usual setup of floppy, HD then CD drive.
--
Nepatsfan
"Doug UK" <DougUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there, recently i have noticed that as the pc boots up an
> additional set
> of text
> comes up with the following text appearing...!".Intel UNDI PXE
> 2.0 (Build
> 082)
> Via Fast Rhine II Ethernet Adapter 2.25 Client Mac Address 00
> 11 09 B002 71
> GUID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (followed ny)
> DHCP....._/\/\/\/"
> (the later part rotating)
> this goes on for around 1 minute then followed by..."PXE E51 No
> DHCP on Proxy
> DHCP offers were received...
> PXE-Mof: Exiting Intel PXE ROM".
>
> the pc then continues to boot up ok then.
>
> I have a Via ethernet adapter as described, but i have disabled
> this, but i
> still get the same start up problem...Can anyone help me to
> resolve this
> situation
>
> I have an AMD64 athlon proccessor
> 1Gb ram
> 2x 200 Gb drives (one now partioned, although this message
> appeared before
> the partioning)
> Windows Home SP2
> Regards
> Doug

Hi there
i would like to say a big thank you for your help, i know it wasn't a major
problem, just a little tedius, but a big thank you anyway..
regards
Doug

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> Check in your BIOS settings to see if your PC is set to boot from
> the network. When your PC starts, look for what key
> to press to enter Setup. The most common option is to hit the F2
> or Del key. Once in the Setup program, look around for your Boot
> settings. Look for a line "PXE boot to LAN". Set it to disabled.
> Make sure when you exit the setup program you save the changes to
> your settings. If that doesn't work, see if you can set up the
> boot order to something more in line with the
> usual setup of floppy, HD then CD drive.
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Doug UK" <DougUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there, recently i have noticed that as the pc boots up an
> > additional set
> > of text
> > comes up with the following text appearing...!".Intel UNDI PXE
> > 2.0 (Build
> > 082)
> > Via Fast Rhine II Ethernet Adapter 2.25 Client Mac Address 00
> > 11 09 B002 71
> > GUID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (followed ny)
> > DHCP....._/\/\/\/"
> > (the later part rotating)
> > this goes on for around 1 minute then followed by..."PXE E51 No
> > DHCP on Proxy
> > DHCP offers were received...
> > PXE-Mof: Exiting Intel PXE ROM".
> >
> > the pc then continues to boot up ok then.
> >
> > I have a Via ethernet adapter as described, but i have disabled
> > this, but i
> > still get the same start up problem...Can anyone help me to
> > resolve this
> > situation
> >
> > I have an AMD64 athlon proccessor
> > 1Gb ram
> > 2x 200 Gb drives (one now partioned, although this message
> > appeared before
> > the partioning)
> > Windows Home SP2
> > Regards
> > Doug

You're welcome. Glad to hear that you've got it fixed.

--
> Hi there
> i would like to say a big thank you for your help, i know it
> wasn't a major
> problem, just a little tedius, but a big thank you anyway..
> regards
> Doug
>
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>

>> Check in your BIOS settings to see if your PC is set to boot
>> from
>> the network. When your PC starts, look for what key
>> to press to enter Setup. The most common option is to hit the
>> F2
>> or Del key. Once in the Setup program, look around for your
>> Boot
>> settings. Look for a line "PXE boot to LAN". Set it to
>> disabled.
>> Make sure when you exit the setup program you save the changes
>> your settings. If that doesn't work, see if you can set up the
>> boot order to something more in line with the
>> usual setup of floppy, HD then CD drive.
>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "Doug UK" <DougUK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there, recently i have noticed that as the pc boots up an
>> > additional set
>> > of text
>> > comes up with the following text appearing...!".Intel UNDI
>> > PXE
>> > 2.0 (Build
>> > 082)
>> > Via Fast Rhine II Ethernet Adapter 2.25 Client Mac Address
>> > 00
>> > 11 09 B002 71
>> > GUID 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (followed ny)
>> > DHCP....._/\/\/\/"
>> > (the later part rotating)
>> > this goes on for around 1 minute then followed by..."PXE E51
>> > No
>> > DHCP on Proxy
>> > DHCP offers were received...
>> > PXE-Mof: Exiting Intel PXE ROM".
>> >
>> > the pc then continues to boot up ok then.
>> >
>> > I have a Via ethernet adapter as described, but i have
>> > disabled
>> > this, but i
>> > still get the same start up problem...Can anyone help me to
>> > resolve this
>> > situation
>> >
>> > I have an AMD64 athlon proccessor
>> > 1Gb ram
>> > 2x 200 Gb drives (one now partioned, although this message
>> > appeared before
>> > the partioning)
>> > Windows Home SP2
>> > Regards
>> > Doug

I realize that this posting is old, but it was very helpful to me other than one BIG difference...what if you can't get into your BIOS? My HP dv1000 was skipping and going immediately into the PXE (Preboot eXecution Environment). I was able to resolve this only by breaking apart and pulling out the CMOS battery to reset the boot sequence, then follow the rest of the great posts that the others have provided. I set up the clock time, skip to the page that allows the LAN to connect and disabled it. Thanks to all.

TRENDING THREADS