Sign in with
Your question

Apple attitude towards their customers

Last response: in Mac Os X
June 12, 2011 1:57:00 AM

Sometimes I think that Apple does not care about their attitudes they have to their customers as regarding the new Lion OS. what is your opinion? thanks :pfff: 
June 12, 2011 6:35:41 AM

i just went into apple to find out whats new with Lion, they asked me what OS i use, so told them windows 7. they then refused me any service, so i went onto apples website instead, and found sooo many lies about it, "The worlds most advanced operating system gets even better" LIES,LIES.
June 12, 2011 2:25:20 PM

It's definitely easier to use, prettier and less buggy than Windows.
Related resources
June 13, 2011 2:04:47 AM

p4nz3rm4d said:
i just went into apple to find out whats new with Lion, they asked me what OS i use, so told them windows 7. they then refused me any service, so i went onto apples website instead, and found sooo many lies about it, "The worlds most advanced operating system gets even better" LIES,LIES.
That is what i mean by their attitude it is really not nice at all. It is a good OS but the company is to high and mighty behind it.
June 16, 2011 11:16:05 AM

yes and no. i have had only great experience with apple stores.
- my granfmother had the old macbook pro 15 and when the keyboard stopped working they took it in and supposedly fixed it, when she went back to get it it still didnt work so they just gave her the new version, free.
- i moved from the US to europe, so my mac charger wasnt good and i didnt want to buy the whole travel package just for one stupid plug, so i asked at the desk if they had anything else and the guy just went behind the store and grabbed one off a computer ad handed it to me for free.

so yeah its really dependant on the person and not the fact that it is apple. you cannot claim they have an attitute without posting any experience or general/specific argument. maybe your approach to asking the person at the store was offsetting, try going in with a t-shirt saying "apple suxx, windows is my religion" and be real serious about it. you wont get a happy person to help you out. on the other hand the guy might just have been a douche.

bottom line is, if people at one store are a pain either call the manager and complain, maybe send a letter to apple if nothing changes, or just find another store, like with every other brand in the world.
June 17, 2011 2:55:39 AM

OSXshaz said:
yes and no. i have had only great experience with apple stores.
- my granfmother had the old macbook pro 15 and when the keyboard stopped working they took it in and supposedly fixed it, when she went back to get it it still didnt work so they just gave her the new version, free.
- i moved from the US to europe, so my mac charger wasnt good and i didnt want to buy the whole travel package just for one stupid plug, so i asked at the desk if they had anything else and the guy just went behind the store and grabbed one off a computer ad handed it to me for free.

so yeah its really dependant on the person and not the fact that it is apple. you cannot claim they have an attitute without posting any experience or general/specific argument. maybe your approach to asking the person at the store was offsetting, try going in with a t-shirt saying "apple suxx, windows is my religion" and be real serious about it. you wont get a happy person to help you out. on the other hand the guy might just have been a douche.

bottom line is, if people at one store are a pain either call the manager and complain, maybe send a letter to apple if nothing changes, or just find another store, like with every other brand in the world.
I am referring to the Philippines where their attitude stunk regarding Apple. Never gave you a price break when asked and their repair service was not knowledgeable at all. I lived there for a while.
June 17, 2011 11:25:59 PM

I've had mostly excellent customer service at the Apple Store. However, I've had 1 or 2 experiences that left something to be desired. The stores are usually quite busy, and often times its kids (high school/college) that are on the sales floor and I've even been a little surprised about how little those sales folks know of their products...but its believable...they're not meant to be geeks...they're meant to be..."cool" (at least that's my take on it).

However, they're typically fun and pleasant to deal with. They seem to have products that pretty much sell themselves so they don't have to work too hard but in my experience the customer service is fine, though there's often a wait.

June 18, 2011 3:05:03 AM

halcyon said:
I've had mostly excellent customer service at the Apple Store. However, I've had 1 or 2 experiences that left something to be desired. The stores are usually quite busy, and often times its kids (high school/college) that are on the sales floor and I've even been a little surprised about how little those sales folks know of their products...but its believable...they're not meant to be geeks...they're meant to be..."cool" (at least that's my take on it).

However, they're typically fun and pleasant to deal with. They seem to have products that pretty much sell themselves so they don't have to work too hard but in my experience the customer service is fine, though there's often a wait.
Did you hear about the incident in NYC where Black youths went into the store to look around and the sales clerks told them to leave because they looked like thieves and thought they might rob things in the store. Complete bias!.Sometimes these people think they are mightier than GOD.
June 18, 2011 11:00:04 AM

musical marv said:
Did you hear about the incident in NYC where Black youths went into the store to look around and the sales clerks told them to leave because they looked like thieves and thought they might rob things in the store. Complete bias!.Sometimes these people think they are mightier than GOD.

Though I know teenagers can look and act threatening that is wrong if it was based solely on how they look. Its a delimma, but to kick them out w/out just cause seems wrong. Now, I'd not be surprised if these youths got rowdy...that'd be just cause in my case and they'd be out. You come in acting like you've got some good sense and class or you don't shop here. That's kind of my take.
June 23, 2011 4:54:08 AM

I've had nothing but absolutely positive experiences with Apple. I've bought a Macbook Pro from them and they treated me like a king the whole time, which of course is just a fake marketing strategy, but they put effort into their customers nonetheless.

I've only ever seen them happy and upbeat, which is more than I can say for other electronics retailers who hire teenagers who couldn't care less if a customer just walked in wanting to spend a lot of money.
June 23, 2011 8:46:55 AM

I've not yet had a bad customer service experience in the Apple Store. My issue is that if they can't repair it easily, it's going to cost for either a repair or a replacement, but that's part and parcel with Apple products (unless you're covered by a guarantee). The thing with Apple products is that they just work, particularly the mobile devices (my own use of Apple products is the iPhone / iPad) so the sales staff don't need to be too knowledgeable. However having said that, I'd say that Apple staff on average know more about their product line that the staff in PC World do (in my experience). Seeing as the 'average Joe' in the Apple Store can be compared to the 'average Joe' in PC World (ie. not an enthusiast) I'd bet the overall experience with Apple would be better.
June 23, 2011 7:43:30 PM

Apple seems to own the market though and gets support in various places you wouldn't expect.

Why here in New Zealand I listed a 7 inch Android tablet with all its specs and a review of it from my perspective and Trade Me (the auction site) withdrew the auction and sent me an email saying people might mistake it for an apple product and that is now against it's policy.

Redid the ad though so hopefully it goes through now.

Auction number: 386809690 trademe.co.nz
June 24, 2011 3:14:59 AM

Thavieus said:
Apple seems to own the market though and gets support in various places you wouldn't expect.

Why here in New Zealand I listed a 7 inch Android tablet with all its specs and a review of it from my perspective and Trade Me (the auction site) withdrew the auction and sent me an email saying people might mistake it for an apple product and that is now against it's policy.

Redid the ad though so hopefully it goes through now.

Auction number: 386809690 trademe.co.nz
That is a crock. Apple is getting to high for their britches in my opinion.
June 24, 2011 2:43:44 PM

musical marv said:

Why? That's the auction site making a decision there, not Apple demanding they do something. You can blame Apple for many things, but I don't think you can blame them for the actions of a 3rd party. :) 
June 24, 2011 7:16:45 PM

musical marv said:

Marv...back away from that Apple keyboard, back away.
!