How to install USB mouse on Latitude D600?

I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop.
It does not have a PS/2 port, but has 2 USB 2.0 ports.
I have a Microsoft PS/2 mouse and bought a PS/2 to USB adapter for it,
so I can plug the mouse into the USB port.

Doesn't work.

I ran Add New Hardware and there was no recognition of the mouse. (The
mouse works fine on other computers that have a PS/2 port, so it's not
the mouse.)

Any suggestions for getting the mouse to work through the USB port?? In
advance, thanks.

- bruck
3 answers Last reply
More about install mouse latitude d600

    Have you tried the mouse WITH the usb adapter on another
    computer to verify the adapter is ok?
    I also take it you rebooted the laptop with the mouse connected.
    You maybe better off just purchasing a usb mouse
    specifically for laptops (smaller and lighter than a regular mouse).
    Best wishes.
    Dave

    Bruck,
    Is USB enabled in the BIOS?
    Paul

    Bruck wrote:
    > I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop.
    > It does not have a PS/2 port, but has 2 USB 2.0 ports.
    > I have a Microsoft PS/2 mouse and bought a PS/2 to USB adapter for it,
    > so I can plug the mouse into the USB port.
    >
    > Doesn't work.

    FWIW, I went to my local computer store yesterday to buy a PS2toUSB adapter
    (so I could use a PS2 mouse with my Dell laptop), and the store said that it
    stopped carrying them, since too often they would not work, and they got a
    lot of returns. Since the adapters sold for about $10, and a Microsoft USB
    optical mouse with a USBtoPS2 adapter sells for $15 at that store, a new
    mouse seemed to make sense anyway.

Dell Latitude Mice PS/2 USB Computers