Sign in with
Your question

Who wants two piece of crap video cards?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Boot
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 2, 2003 1:54:10 PM

I swear to God, im about two seconds from throwing my computer out my window....sadly the only thing preventing it is i would get arrested for violating dorm code.

Alright, so i just got my cheapy 9000 Pro from sapphire and it doesnt want to boot. My comp just sits there and stops booting when the BIOS boot screen should come up. So i put back the archaic Matrox Millenium 2MB PCI and told it to boot from PCI and just ignore the sapphire for now. That worked but when i intalled sapphire drivers and software i got what looked like memory errors, you know the whole 8E0000X0 crap. I know its not my AGP slot because my POS Radeon 9700 Pro from gigabyte boots....but it has artifacts. Yeah, good luck getting an RMA from gigabyte too b/c they've lost my request 3 times now.

Luckily i have a hercules 9800 Pro coming tomorrow so anyone who wants a POS Giga-byte 9700 Pro with a bad mem controller and a crapzilla 9000Pro from Sapphire that wont boot just tell me. Im not having any luck RMA'ing the Gig and at least newegg will accept my RMA for the sapphire.

One question though, a computer should boot on AGP if i just rip out my PCI card and put in an AGP card, right? It was set at boot on AGP in the bios. It just doesnt though.

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.

More about : piece crap video cards

September 2, 2003 8:49:31 PM

You want to give them away? if so ill take em :) 
September 2, 2003 10:11:02 PM

I will take the cards. Please check your messages.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 2700
512 MB Corsair Twinx
MSI Ti4600 8X
3DMARK2001SE 14654
Related resources
September 2, 2003 10:21:53 PM

No thanks dude.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 2, 2003 10:47:03 PM

If you havent already given them away Ill take them... Ill pay shipping to arizona (where I live) as well. If you want some cash Ill give you like 10 dollars for them or something.
September 3, 2003 1:00:14 PM

cheapskates!
September 3, 2003 2:17:42 PM

So, your one of Williamette's local buddies. How are you JimmyDean?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!
September 4, 2003 2:23:02 PM

Holy crapola guys, what do you want with a Giga-Byte 9700 Pro with a bad memory controller. I have screenshots of what it does, but, hey if you want em just give me an offer and i will consider it or whatever. I talked to gigabyte again with the hope of getting it RMA'd and then selling it but they were like, "Sorry but we have no record of your RMA request."

Jeez thank you gigabyte for all the help so im through with them. Thats 4 times now. Grrrrrr :mad: 

Anywho im waiting until i get my 9800 Pro just to make sure the AGP slot works which im sure it does, an yeah i know its kinda an expensive way to check a slot but what can ya do. But if the hercules works i could care less about the gigabyte. It would just sit in my drawer anyways so......tell me what you think is fair guys, LoL.

Peace, yo's. :wink:

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.
September 4, 2003 2:24:42 PM

Sorry tombance but im in the USA. :frown:

a b U Graphics card
September 5, 2003 6:26:06 AM

I'm into electronic repair and swear I'll do everything to try and get those parts usable again if you send them to me. Consider the fact that I'm running the earliest version Radeon card! So I'd do nearly anything to get one of those newer cards working! And like anyone else, I'll pay shipping.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
September 5, 2003 6:47:14 AM

i ll give ya 30 bucks plus shipping for the 9700 p

-={Cowardly, Big Time.}=-
-={Apostalic Alcoholic.}=-
!