SP2 problems once again

I tried another post but the responses did not apply. My problem is that
after installing SP2:
1. I cannot do a system restore to a point prior to SP2.
2. When I log onto the internet, using OE6, I can send and receive one time
only, any attempt for further use is met with errors, including retrieving
message from this site.
3. I can use IE6 one time only, any further attempts is met with site not
found.
4. Problems 1 and 2 are exclusive. That is I can do either one OE6 or one
IE6 but not one of each.
5. I can disconnect from the internet, relog on and get one iteration
again.

What to do now?

Did you scan your machine for viruses and spyware *before" installing SP2?

"Ruthie" <ruth-tark@prodigy.net> escribió en el mensaje news:uqiykgYKFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I tried another post but the responses did not apply. My problem is that
> after installing SP2:
> 1. I cannot do a system restore to a point prior to SP2.
> 2. When I log onto the internet, using OE6, I can send and receive one time
> only, any attempt for further use is met with errors, including retrieving
> message from this site.
> 3. I can use IE6 one time only, any further attempts is met with site not
> found.
> 4. Problems 1 and 2 are exclusive. That is I can do either one OE6 or one
> IE6 but not one of each.
> 5. I can disconnect from the internet, relog on and get one iteration
> again.
>
> What to do now?

yes

"José Gallardo" <jogalb@QUITALOono.com> wrote in message
Did you scan your machine for viruses and spyware *before" installing SP2?

"Ruthie" <ruth-tark@prodigy.net> escribió en el mensaje
>I tried another post but the responses did not apply. My problem is that
> after installing SP2:
> 1. I cannot do a system restore to a point prior to SP2.
> 2. When I log onto the internet, using OE6, I can send and receive one
time
> only, any attempt for further use is met with errors, including retrieving
> message from this site.
> 3. I can use IE6 one time only, any further attempts is met with site not
> found.
> 4. Problems 1 and 2 are exclusive. That is I can do either one OE6 or
one
> IE6 but not one of each.
> 5. I can disconnect from the internet, relog on and get one iteration
> again.
>
> What to do now?

Have you downloaded SP2 from WU or the "full" version? I mean, this one:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

"Ruthie" <ruth-tark@prodigy.net> escribió en el mensaje news:uD$45GZKFHA.244@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> yes
>
> "José Gallardo" <jogalb@QUITALOono.com> wrote in message
> Did you scan your machine for viruses and spyware *before" installing SP2?
>
> "Ruthie" <ruth-tark@prodigy.net> escribió en el mensaje
>>I tried another post but the responses did not apply. My problem is that
>> after installing SP2:
>> 1. I cannot do a system restore to a point prior to SP2.
>> 2. When I log onto the internet, using OE6, I can send and receive one
> time
>> only, any attempt for further use is met with errors, including retrieving
>> message from this site.
>> 3. I can use IE6 one time only, any further attempts is met with site not
>> found.
>> 4. Problems 1 and 2 are exclusive. That is I can do either one OE6 or
> one
>> IE6 but not one of each.
>> 5. I can disconnect from the internet, relog on and get one iteration
>> again.
>>
>> What to do now?

I don't know, I have automatic update turned on and it selected the site and
software to download.