Funny hardware item question - Help my daughter please !!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 5, 2004 8:40:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole
family sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help.
Thank you !!!

In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to
144. What is being bought?

Thanks!
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 1:13:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

House numbers. the #1 costs 14P the numbers 5 and 0 cost 14P each etc.

My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole family
sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help. Thank you !!!

In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to 144.
What is being bought?

Thanks!
August 8, 2004 9:52:28 PM

"Machiabelly" <machi@pe.eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:<K1AQc.43663$vO1.220749@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...
> House numbers. the #1 costs 14P the numbers 5 and 0 cost 14P each etc.
>

> My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole family
> sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help. Thank you !!!
>
> In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to 144.
> What is being bought?
>
> Thanks!

Thank you very much, Machiablelly, you are Genius!
!