Funny hardware item question - Help my daughter please !!

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole
family sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help.
Thank you !!!

In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to
144. What is being bought?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about funny hardware item question daughter
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    House numbers. the #1 costs 14P the numbers 5 and 0 cost 14P each etc.

    My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole family
    sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help. Thank you !!!

    In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to 144.
    What is being bought?

    Thanks!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

    "Machiabelly" <machi@pe.eastlink.ca> wrote in message news:<K1AQc.43663$vO1.220749@nnrp1.uunet.ca>...
    > House numbers. the #1 costs 14P the numbers 5 and 0 cost 14P each etc.
    >

    > My daughter got a question from primary school, which give the whole family
    > sleepless night. If you know what this item is, please help. Thank you !!!
    >
    > In a local hardware shop, 1 costs 14p yet it costs 28 for 50 and 42 to 144.
    > What is being bought?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Thank you very much, Machiablelly, you are Genius!

Hardware Games Video Games