Cheap gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

matterxD

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hey, I am looking for a gaming laptop that is around $800-900. It should be able to run 90% of games. PLEASE HELP!

LongpastPNR

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
As my first computer I've had in about 5 years, I was pretty worried that I would buy a bad laptop, and I wanted a gaming laptop too, so the selection for something under $900 that could play newer games on Medium-High settings were slim. Luckily I ran across this laptop, and for about $800 with a free upgrade to 8gb of RAM, I bought it, and I'm not regretting it at all.

Two weeks now having used this thing, and while at first I had some problems updating drivers, but after finishing everything, it runs absolutely fine. Better than fine! So far I've played Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, and a few other F2P games that were graphically intense. All of these games, I was expecting to be able to run no better than on Medium with smooth framerate, but guess what? Not just High settings, but MAX settings on everything, online, Anti-Aliasing, on the max resolution of 1600x900, with about 40fps. Which, if you don't know, is damn near incredible.

The huge screen, fast processor (which it states in the specs is up to 1.73GHz, but it's actually with the "turbo button" or whatever, ups that to around 2.4GHz), the fan that keeps everything VERY cool, and doesn't heat up even during my long 6-8 hour gaming sessions, and great backlit keyboard all combine into the perfect gaming laptop if you ask me.

My ONLY complaint is the trackpad buttons, which are quite hard to press. Luckily, I only use my mouse really, so it doesn't affect most people.

If you're looking for a good gaming laptop, or even just a laptop that's fast and has a 17" screen, I'd highly recommend this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.