Recently upgraded to XP from 98se .Have Sound Blaster Live Value sound card
installed , disk for it obviously not applicable for XP , went to SB site
downloaded latest driver LivedrvUni-Pack(Eng) no sound at all from speakers
yet the set up is exactly as it was whilst using 98se(I didnt even unplug)
where I had no probs.I can tho hear all sounds from Headphones anyone help
thanks.

Unistall every soundfiles and drivers and do a new install

"russell sullivan" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to XP from 98se .Have Sound Blaster Live Value sound card
> installed , disk for it obviously not applicable for XP , went to SB site
> downloaded latest driver LivedrvUni-Pack(Eng) no sound at all from speakers
> yet the set up is exactly as it was whilst using 98se(I didnt even unplug)
> where I had no probs.I can tho hear all sounds from Headphones anyone help
> thanks.

But first enter your sound volume manager and hit the button Default, see if
that will help

"russell sullivan" wrote:

> Recently upgraded to XP from 98se .Have Sound Blaster Live Value sound card
> installed , disk for it obviously not applicable for XP , went to SB site
> downloaded latest driver LivedrvUni-Pack(Eng) no sound at all from speakers
> yet the set up is exactly as it was whilst using 98se(I didnt even unplug)
> where I had no probs.I can tho hear all sounds from Headphones anyone help
> thanks.

start>run>sysdm.cpl

search in the discmanager for sound, video and gaming devices

"Nicoliani" wrote:

> But first enter your sound volume manager and hit the button Default, see if
> that will help
>
> "russell sullivan" wrote:
>
> > Recently upgraded to XP from 98se .Have Sound Blaster Live Value sound card
> > installed , disk for it obviously not applicable for XP , went to SB site
> > downloaded latest driver LivedrvUni-Pack(Eng) no sound at all from speakers
> > yet the set up is exactly as it was whilst using 98se(I didnt even unplug)
> > where I had no probs.I can tho hear all sounds from Headphones anyone help
> > thanks.

....forgive my ignorance , where would I find them and what kind are they?

Thanks