MN-700 cannot open the 80 port

I need setup a web server in my LAN, and I setup the
portforwarding with MN-700 (TCP 80 to 80). The web server
works in my LAN, but cannot access from the WAN. I scaned
the port from the WAN side and found the port 80 closed.
Thereafter, I setup a new portforwarding from 800 to 80,
and I can access my web server through the port 800. I
think this maybe firewall or something taking effect, but
I couldn't find the settings.
The FTP and mail servers work well by the portforwardings.
The firmware is uptodate.
Thanks for answer.
3 answers Last reply
More about open port

    Are you sure your ISP isn't blocking port 80 for you?

    Some ISPs do this.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Liu Xiao" <liuxiao@rytto.com> wrote in message
    >I need setup a web server in my LAN, and I setup the
    > portforwarding with MN-700 (TCP 80 to 80). The web server
    > works in my LAN, but cannot access from the WAN. I scaned
    > the port from the WAN side and found the port 80 closed.
    > Thereafter, I setup a new portforwarding from 800 to 80,
    > and I can access my web server through the port 800. I
    > think this maybe firewall or something taking effect, but
    > I couldn't find the settings.
    > The FTP and mail servers work well by the portforwardings.
    > The firmware is uptodate.
    > Thanks for answer.

    I'm sure the port 80 isn't blocked. I can use it with
    another router

    Make sure you set it up under PERSISTENT Port Forwarding
    cause if you do it under application-triggered port
    forwarding, if no requests to open the port originate
    BEHIND the router, the port won't be opened.

Routers Web Server Networking