MN-700 cannot open the 80 port

Last response: in Networking
March 28, 2005 10:59:04 PM

I need setup a web server in my LAN, and I setup the
portforwarding with MN-700 (TCP 80 to 80). The web server
works in my LAN, but cannot access from the WAN. I scaned
the port from the WAN side and found the port 80 closed.
Thereafter, I setup a new portforwarding from 800 to 80,
and I can access my web server through the port 800. I
think this maybe firewall or something taking effect, but
I couldn't find the settings.
The FTP and mail servers work well by the portforwardings.
The firmware is uptodate.
Thanks for answer.

More about : 700 open port

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:20:03 AM

Are you sure your ISP isn't blocking port 80 for you?

Some ISPs do this.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Liu Xiao" <liuxiao@rytto.com> wrote in message
>I need setup a web server in my LAN, and I setup the
> portforwarding with MN-700 (TCP 80 to 80). The web server
> works in my LAN, but cannot access from the WAN. I scaned
> the port from the WAN side and found the port 80 closed.
> Thereafter, I setup a new portforwarding from 800 to 80,
> and I can access my web server through the port 800. I
> think this maybe firewall or something taking effect, but
> I couldn't find the settings.
> The FTP and mail servers work well by the portforwardings.
> The firmware is uptodate.
> Thanks for answer.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:20:04 AM

I'm sure the port 80 isn't blocked. I can use it with
another router

Anonymous
April 9, 2005 11:48:27 PM

Make sure you set it up under PERSISTENT Port Forwarding
cause if you do it under application-triggered port
forwarding, if no requests to open the port originate
BEHIND the router, the port won't be opened.

!