Pub Quiz - 20040802

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2004 8:12:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

General Knowledge
1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
Mysterious Affair at Styles?
4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?
7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
he later change it to?
9) On which river does Paris stand?
10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

Sport
1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
recent test?
4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
title?
5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
medal at the 1964 Olympics?
7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
Olympics?
11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
scored England's other goal?
13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
Diamond Stakes held?
15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
at the Moscow Olympics?

TV Music Film
1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
3) Where did the Flintstones live?
4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
Beatles single?
10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?

GK II

1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
Strike?
5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?
6) What is the young of a whale known as?
7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
Eton?
8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?
9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?
10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?
11) There was no question 11. Oops.
12) What is Spiderman's real name?
13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?
14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?
15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
note in history'?

Ceci n'est pas une sig

More about : pub quiz 20040802

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:12:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Not directing followups to rec.games.trivia?

Keith Willoughby writes:
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

Africa.

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

Calvary?

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

Hercule Poirot.

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?

Saxophone?

> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

Abuja. (Changed from Lagos some years ago.)

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austen.

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald.

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?
> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine.

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?

Methane.

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mont Blanc.

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?

40th.

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

Medal of Honor. (Popularly "Congressional Medal of Honor".)

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
> recent test?
> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?
> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?
> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
> Olympics?
> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?
> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Muhammad Ali.

> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?
> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?
>
> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

Bedrock.

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

Speedy Gonzalez.

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?

Lou Ferrigno, if you mean the Hulk.

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?

Uh... false?

> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?

Bonnie Tyler?

> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?

Napoleon? (Though, if so, he probably didn't say it in English.)

> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

Rio Grande (aka Rio Bravo) or St. Lawrence River (Fleuve St-Laurent),
as the case may be.

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?

Bevin?

> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?

Nelson?

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

Calf.

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?
> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago.

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Barnaard.

> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?

Reform Club.

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.

Jean-Paul Sartre.

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker.

> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?

Deadwood?

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

British Museum.

> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?

The Bell Jar?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | An actual human would feel guilt in this situation.
msb@vex.net | -- Scott Adams: Dilbert

August 12, 2004 8:12:48 PM

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

Calvary

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

Hercule Poirot

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

Lagos

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austen

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?

Winston (as in Dr. Winston O'Boogie); Ono

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

the Seine

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?

carbon monoxide

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mount Elbrus

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the
ark?
> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

Congressional Medal of Honor (since it's a USAn award, we get to throw away
that superfluous "u" in "honor")

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
> recent test?
> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?

Martina Navratilova

> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?
> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?

Maureen Connolly

> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
> Olympics?
> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?
> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Muhammad Ali

> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?
> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?
>
> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?

Sir Paul

> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

From the / town of Bedrock / they're a page right out of history

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?

Clint Eastwood

> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

Speedy Gonzales

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?

Lou Ferrigno

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

M-G-M. M-T-M studios (Mary Tyler Moore) replaced the roaring lion with a
meowing cat.

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?
> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?

Napoleon Bonaparte

> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

.... Mexico? El Rio Grande

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?
> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?
> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

calf

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?
> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Christiaan Barnard

> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?
> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker

> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?

Tombstone, Arizona

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

the British Museum in London, whether the Greeks like it or not

> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:12:48 PM

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?
In the French-Canadian show the Flintstones (Les Pierrafeu: Fred and
Délima Caillou, Arthur and Bertha Laroche) all live in St. Granit.

--
David Breton
Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane detexi. Hanc marginis

"Mark Brader" <msb@vex.net> wrote in message

> > 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
>
> Jean-Paul Sartre.

This answer ought to qualify for a huge bonus.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:21:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
Africa
> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
Ms Marple?

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
Fitzgerald.

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?
Seine?
> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
Mont Blanc?
> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
Purple heart?

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
Buster Douglas? And that count was too slow!!!

> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?
Steffi Graf

> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
San Marino

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
Wasn't this Mr Ali?

> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
Speedy Gonzales

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
MGM

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?
True. Or if it is not, I would like to guess False.

> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
Bonnie Tyler?

> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
Winston Churchill?

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
Depends on the other country.

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?
Chicago
> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?
The Swiss guy... Barnard?

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
There is no answer either.

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?
Spiderman. Erwin Spiderman. Or Peter Parker

-- Jarmo
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:21:19 PM

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

Africa

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

Golgotha

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

Ms Marple

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?

Organ

> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

Used to be Lagos. Can I have a point for knowing it isn't anymore?

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austen

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?

Winston.
Ono.

Keep those Beatles questions coming...

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?

Methane?

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mont Blanc?

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?

Gopher

> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?

40

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?

Anthony Wedgewood Benn, Viscount Stansgate

> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

That Oak Leaf clustery thing.

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?

James "Buster" Douglas

> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?

Hockey

> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
> recent test?

Ashley Giles, the King Of Spain

> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic title?

Steffi Graf

> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?

Tourist Trophy

> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?

Long Jump. Lynn Davies (obviously) and Mary Rand?

> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?

Maureen Connelly

> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?

Not Wrexham, Cardiff or Swansea. Barry Town?

> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?

22

> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
> Olympics?

Cycling (Pursuit)

> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?

San Marino

> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?

Who cares?

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Muhammad Ali

> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?

Cheltenham?

> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?

Goodhew?

> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?

Paul McCartney. (see above)

> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

I believe they're from the town of Bedrock

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?

Clint

> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?

Her off "Give Us A Clue"... It'll come to me.

> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

Speedy Gonzales

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

MGM

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?

True

> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?

Lee Marvin

> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?

Bonnie Tyler

> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?

Tony Hancock

> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?

Home'n'Away

> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?

Winchester

> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?

Capt Mainwaring

> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?

Napoleon I

> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?

Mail

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

Rio Grande????

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?

Ahhh. That seppy that Thatcher parachuted in. MacGregor?

> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?

Admiral ... Nelson.
(You've got to read that in the style of Russell Crowe)

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

Calf?

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?

Ted Heath?

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Christian Barnaard

> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?

Reform Club

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

British

> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?

The Labout Party Manifesto. Description usually attributed to Gerald Kaufmann.
--
Gareth Owen
Datta. Dayadhvam. Damyata.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Hooray

replying only to rec.games.trivia

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

africa

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

golgotha

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

miss marple

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?

trumpet

> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

abuja

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

jane austen

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

fitzgerald

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?

winston - ono

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

seine

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?

methane

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

mont blanc

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the
ark?

acacia

> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?

40 years

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?

anthony wedgwood benn - viscount stangate

> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

(congressional) medal of honour

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?

evander hollyfield

> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?

hockey

> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
> recent test?

ashley giles

> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?

venus williams

> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?

touring trophey

> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?

long jump

> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?

maureen connelly

> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?

barry town

> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?

22 yards ( or is that crease to crease)

> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
> Olympics?

indoor cycling - 1000 m pursuit?

> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?

san marino

> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?

martin peters??

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

ali

> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?

ascot

> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?

duncan goodhew

> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?

george

> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

bedrock

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?

clint eastwood
> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?

> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

speedy gonzales

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?

lou ferringo

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

metro - goldwyn mayer

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?

true i think - otherwise yesterday

> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?

lee marvin

> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?

bonnie tyler

> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?

hancock

> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?

australian - itv um um um - dunno

> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?

the winchester club

> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?

marius

> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?

daily express

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

rio grande

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?

> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?

nelson

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

calf

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?

anthony eden

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

new york

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

christian banard

> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?

reform

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.

algerian mugwump

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?

tombstone

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

the british

> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?
>
> --
> Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/
> Ceci n'est pas une sig
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:37:15 PM

Gareth Owen <usenet@gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> > 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
>
> Her off "Give Us A Clue"... It'll come to me.

But he also gave us Una Stubbs...
--
Gareth Owen
Datta. Dayadhvam. Damyata.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

Africa

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

Golgotha

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The Mysterious Affair at Styles?
> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

Lagos

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austen

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did he later change it to?

1. ? 2. Ono

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?

carbon dioxide

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mount Blanc

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?

Cypress

> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?

20th

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

medal of honor

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most recent test?
> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic title?
> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold medal at the 1964 Olympics?
> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?

Maureen . . .

> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000 Olympics?
> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who scored England's other goal?
> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Muhammad Ali

> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes held?
> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke at the Moscow Olympics?
>
> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?

John

> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

Rockville

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?

Clint Eastwood

> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

Speedy Gonzales

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

MGM

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any Beatles single?
> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

Rio Grande

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners' Strike?
> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?
> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

calf

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at Eton?
> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Christian Barnard

> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?
> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker

> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?

Tombstone, Arizona

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

British Museum

> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide note in history'?

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.
Anonymous

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
>
> Golgotha

That was one of the two answers I accepted, yes.

>> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
>
> Ms Marple

Nope

>> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
>
> Used to be Lagos. Can I have a point for knowing it isn't anymore?

You can.

>> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
>
> That Oak Leaf clustery thing.

<quick google later> It appears that an Oak Leaf Cluster is the American
version of the British 'bar', as in "DSO and Bar". So, no.

>> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
>> scored England's other goal?
>
> Who cares?

Hey now.

>> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
>> Diamond Stakes held?
>
> Cheltenham?

No.

>> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
>
> Her off "Give Us A Clue"... It'll come to me.

Aye.

>> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> Capt Mainwaring

Ha. No.

>> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
>
> Mail

Nope.

>> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
>
> Rio Grande????

Yeah, the bit I accidently snipped was 'Mexico'.

>> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
>> Strike?
>
> Ahhh. That seppy that Thatcher parachuted in. MacGregor?

Yup. Ian of that Ilk.

>> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
>> Eton?
>
> Ted Heath?

Nope. He was a grammar school boy, I think.

Rest correct.

"I've had pretty good success with Stan by throwing him my best pitch and
backing up third." - Carl Erskine
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 8:56:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> >> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
> >
> > Mail
>
> Nope.

Express then. Was tempted to write "some Europhobic Middle England rag",
thereby covering both options.

> >> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> >> Eton?
> >
> > Ted Heath?
>
> Nope. He was a grammar school boy, I think.
>
> Rest correct.

Alec Douglas Home? He was posh.
--
Gareth Owen
Marathon : (n) A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya, and 20,000 losers.

Mark Brader wrote:

> Not directing followups to rec.games.trivia?

There are still some retrogrades who only read rec.puzzles, who wouldn't
see their marked quizzes. Anyone who reads both is free to set
followups, though, and I'll honour them.

> Keith Willoughby writes:
>> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
>
> Calvary?

That's the other answer I accepted, yes.

>> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
>
> Saxophone?

No.

>> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
>> Beatles single?
>
> Uh... false?

Tragically, it's true.

>> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
>
> Rio Grande (aka Rio Bravo) or St. Lawrence River (Fleuve St-Laurent),
> as the case may be.

Grande/Bravo was what I was looking for, Mexico being the excessive
snip.

>> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
>> Strike?
>
> Bevin?

No.

>> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?
>
> Deadwood?

No.

>> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
>> note in history'?
>
> The Bell Jar?

No.

It's the only language they understand
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:01:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> >> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> >> note in history'?
> >
> > The Bell Jar?
>
> No.

But it is a brilliantly reasoned answer.
The sort of wrong answer that deserves the mark... (IMHO)
--
Gareth Owen
Marathon : (n) A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya, and 20,000 losers.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:01:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <r5ivffoqr9u.fsf@gill.maths.keele.ac.uk>, usenet@gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
says...

> > > The Bell Jar?
> >
> > No.
>
> But it is a brilliantly reasoned answer.
> The sort of wrong answer that deserves the mark... (IMHO)

Being off by twenty years deserves a mark?
I think not . . . (IMHO)

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:02:48 PM

"Matthew Newell" <matt@capeside.co.uk> writes:

> > 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
>
> australian - itv um um um - dunno

Channel 5 (sorry, "Five") these days.
--
Gareth Owen
Marathon : (n) A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya, and 20,000 losers.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:05:07 PM

Matthew Newell wrote:

> Hooray

:)

>> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
>
> miss marple

Nope.

>> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
>
> trumpet

No.

>> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the
> ark?
>
> acacia

No

>> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
>
> evander hollyfield

Nope.

>> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>> title?
>
> venus williams

Hah. No. I think she would have been about 9.

>> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
>
> touring trophey

Close. Tourist.

>> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
>
> george

No.

>> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
>> Beatles single?
>
> true i think - otherwise yesterday

It is true, but the biggest selling Beatles single in the UK was She
Loves You. (MoK sold about 2m copies, She Loves You around 1.9m)

>> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
>
> australian - itv um um um - dunno

Home and Away

>> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
>
> marius

No

>> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
>> Eton?
>
> anthony eden

No, although he was an Eton boy.

>> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?
>
> new york

Nope.

Rest correct.

Speicherzugriffsfehler
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:05:47 PM

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Gareth Owen <usenet@gwowen.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>
>> > 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
>>
>> Her off "Give Us A Clue"... It'll come to me.
>
> But he also gave us Una Stubbs...

But he also gave Lionel Blaaaaiirr.

Correct.

Shoulders back, lovely boy
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:05:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> But he also gave Lionel Blaaaaiirr.

Right arm, over the wicket
--
Gareth Owen
Marathon : (n) A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya, and 20,000 losers.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:06:40 PM

Gareth Owen wrote:

>> > Mail
>>
>> Nope.
>
> Express then. Was tempted to write "some Europhobic Middle England rag",
> thereby covering both options.

Would have been worth a point, too.

Express is correct.

>> > Ted Heath?
>>
>> Nope. He was a grammar school boy, I think.
>>
>> Rest correct.
>
> Alec Douglas Home? He was posh.

Correct.

"Do you want it pasteurised, 'cause pasteurised is best??"
"Ernie, I'll be happy if it comes up to my chest"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 9:56:58 PM

Marc Dashevsky <usenet@MarcDashevsky.com> writes:

> Being off by twenty years deserves a mark?
> I think not . . . (IMHO)

Ahhh, true. I missed that one re-reading the question.
--
Gareth Owen
Marathon : (n) A woman from Norway, a guy from Kenya, and 20,000 losers.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:06:06 PM

The most intelligent thing Keith Willoughby ever wrote was the following:

> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
Africa
> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
Golgotha
> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
Poirot
> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
Abuja
> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?
Jane Austen
> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
Fitzgerald
> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?
Winston, Ono
> 9) On which river does Paris stand?
Seinne
> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
Mont Blanc
> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
Gopher i think
> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
40th
> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
Viscount of Stansgate
> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
Medal of Honor

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
Buster Douglas
> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
Hockey
> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
> recent test?
Steve Harmison?
> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?
Steffi Graf
> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
Time Trial?
> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?
> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
Maureen Connelly
> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
22
> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
> Olympics?
Cycling
> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
Spanish
> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?
Martin Peters
> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
Mohammed Ali
> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?
> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?
Duncan Goodhew

> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
Luvvers
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?
Bedrock
> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
Speedy Gonzales
> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
MGM
> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?
> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
Napolean
> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
?
> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?
> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?
Nelson
> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?
calf
> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?
Alec Douglas-Home
> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?
Chicago
> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?
Christian Barnard
> 10) From which club did Phileas Fogg begin his journey around the world?
Reform
> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?
Peter Parker
> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?
> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?
The British
> 15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?
Labour party manisto
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 10:20:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>,
Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>title?

Mrs. Andre Agassi. I've actually forgotten her name, which is really
embarassing. *pounds head on table*

Steffi Graf.

Alan
--
Defendit numerus
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

Africa

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?

Golgata

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

Lord Peter Whimsey?

> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?

Abuja

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mont Blanc

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?

A Lord title, but Lord of what I don't know.

> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?

Martina Navratilova?

> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?

San Marino

> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?

Speedy Gonzalez

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

Metro Goldwynn Maier

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

Colorado

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Christian Barnard

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.

14?

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
Anonymous

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
>
> Miss Marple

No

>> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
>
> Lagos

Not any more. To be honest, I should be shot for asking the question.

>> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
>
> Congressional Medal of Honor

I went on a tour of the Pentagon once, and they dude who showed us the
Hall of Heroes was at pains to point out that it was actually called
"The Medal of Honor", no 'Congressional'. Still a correct answer,
though.

>> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.
>
> I don't want to catch anyone not drinking.

Best one so far.

>> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?
>
> Dodge City

No.

Rest correct

It's 'orrible being in love when you're eight and a half
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:00:04 PM

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
>
> Lagos

Not any more

>> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did he later change it to?
>
> 1. ? 2. Ono

Latter is correct

>> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
>
> carbon dioxide

No. It does sound like something that should damp down a fire, though,
doesn't it?

>> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
>
> Cypress

The original question, which I amended for posting here, was "which wood
did Noah use...", and I accepted cypress as the apparently historically
accepted wood that it actually would have been built with. IYSWIM.

>> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
>
> 20th

No

>> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
>
> Maureen . . .

Hmm . . .

>> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
>
> John

Nope

>> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?
>
> Rockville

No. (Don't go back to Rockville, btw.)

Rest correct.

"Do you want it pasteurised, 'cause pasteurised is best??"
"Ernie, I'll be happy if it comes up to my chest"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:00:05 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith, it's always great to see one of your quizzes. Thanks.

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:01:37 PM

Steve Grant wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
>
> Lagos

Nope.

>> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
>
> carbon monoxide

Nope

>> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
>
> Mount Elbrus

Nope. Unless you're being cute in a way I'm not familiar with, in which
case, maybe.

>> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>> title?
>
> Martina Navratilova

No

Rest correct.

"Just as I expected, the shopkeeper appeared"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:01:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
> Steve Grant wrote:
>> Mount Elbrus
>
> Nope. Unless you're being cute in a way I'm not familiar with, in which
> case, maybe.

I think Steve mixed up things. Elbrus is indeed the highest mountain
in Europe, but definitely not in the Alps.
--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:04:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Steve Grant:
>>> Mount Elbrus

Erland Sommarskog:
> I think Steve mixed up things. Elbrus is indeed the highest mountain
> in Europe, but definitely not in the Alps.

That is, it's the highest mountain in Europe according to those who
consider it to be in Europe. (And I've seen at least one reference
book that expresses it exactly that way, so don't go saying that the
boundaries of Europe are well defined.) If it's excluded, then the
highest mountain in Europe is also the highest mountain in the Alps.

So if you "knew" that the highest mountain in Europe was in the Alps,
and you "knew" that the highest mountain in Europe was Elbrus, but you
didn't know where Elbrus actually is%, then it'd be obvious to answer
as Steve did.

% - I had to look up which country it's in myself. Russia, just barely.
--
Mark Brader | Peter Neumann on Y2K:
Toronto | This problem gives new meaning to "going out on

August 12, 2004 11:04:08 PM

> Steve Grant:
>
> Erland Sommarskog:
> > I think Steve mixed up things. Elbrus is indeed the highest mountain
> > in Europe, but definitely not in the Alps.
>
> That is, it's the highest mountain in Europe according to those who
> consider it to be in Europe. (And I've seen at least one reference
> book that expresses it exactly that way, so don't go saying that the
> boundaries of Europe are well defined.) If it's excluded, then the
> highest mountain in Europe is also the highest mountain in the Alps.
>
> So if you "knew" that the highest mountain in Europe was in the Alps,
> and you "knew" that the highest mountain in Europe was Elbrus, but you
> didn't know where Elbrus actually is%, then it'd be obvious to answer
> as Steve did.

A very accurate analysis. And I ought to know ;)
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:32:58 PM

Erland Sommarskog wrote:

> Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
>> General Knowledge
>> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
>
> Lord Peter Whimsey?

Nope

>> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>> title?
>
> Martina Navratilova?

No

>> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
>
> Colorado

Nope.

Rest correct.

"They've got to be protected
All their rights respected
Until somebody we like can be elected"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:40:57 PM

Alan Morgan wrote:

> In article <87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>,
> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>
>>4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>>title?
>
> Mrs. Andre Agassi. I've actually forgotten her name, which is really
> embarassing. *pounds head on table*
>
> Steffi Graf.

Yup.

"I see him with a small but perfectly formed Watteau"
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 11:41:21 PM

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

>>> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build
>>> the ark?
>
> gopherwood

Correct.

"We've got a criminal practice that takes up most of our time."
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:13:13 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> General Knowledge
> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

M. Poirot.

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austen.

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald.

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine.

> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?

The Congressional Medal of Honor, I think.

> Sport

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Muhammad Ali?

> TV Music Film
> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?

Bedrock.

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

MGM? Art for the sake of art.

> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?

Napoleon?

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

Calf?

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago.

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.

No answer either.

> 12) What is Spiderman's real name?

Peter Parker.

> 13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?

Tombstone?

> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?

Whatever British museum is holding them isn't returning them to
Greece, not yet, anyway...(is this the British Royal Museum?)

Haran
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:13:14 AM

Haran Pilpel wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?
>
> Whatever British museum is holding them isn't returning them to
> Greece, not yet, anyway...(is this the British Royal Museum?)

No Royal. Just the British Museum.

Personally, I just hope they're not returned until I get to play a game
with them.

"George, don't do that"
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:42:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

* Keith Willoughby
> Erland Sommarskog wrote:
>
> > Keith Willoughby (keith@flat222.org) writes:
> >> General Knowledge
> >> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> >> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
> >
> > Lord Peter Whimsey?
>
> Nope
>
> >> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> >> title?
> >
> > Martina Navratilova?
>
> No

Both these are easy to find on Google. I cannot claim to know, but
here is a real puzzle:

Devise a quiz set that are not easy to find answers to on Google,
but are nevertheless easy to verify the correct answers to.

--
Jon Haugsand
Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway, mailto:jonhaug@ifi.uio.no

Jon Haugsand (jonhaug@ifi.uio.no) writes:
> Both these are easy to find on Google.

If you use Google for Keith's question, you are definitely giving them
too much time.

> I cannot claim to know, but here is a real puzzle:
>
> Devise a quiz set that are not easy to find answers to on Google,
> but are nevertheless easy to verify the correct answers to.

1) What is the colour of the wall paper in the room I'm sitting in?

At least that is easy for me to verify as a quiz master...

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esquel@sommarskog.se
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:19:58 AM

Mark Brader (msb@vex.net) writes:
> That is, it's the highest movntain in Evrope according to those who
> consider it to be in Evrope. (And I've seen at least one reference
> book that expresses it exactly that way, so don't go saying that the
> bovndaries of Evrope are well defined.) If it's exclvded, then the
> highest movntain in Evrope is also the highest movntain in the Alps.

Yes, I was abovt a add a disclaimer to my post, bvt I preferred to
leave the post as a teaser who do not know where Elbrvs is.

There are three-fovr possible places for the Evrope-Asia border between
the Caspian and the Black Sea:

1) The Manych basin, where the river between the lakes once ran. (The
Black Sea was a lake then.) This is far north of the Cavcasvs, so
with this definition Elbrvs is jvst another Asian movntain.

2) The Cavcasvs range itself, reasonly on the highest peaks, leaving
Elbrvs jvst on the border.

3) The border of Rvssia.

4) The border of the former Soviet Union.

My own preference is for 2).

> % - I had to look vp which covntry it's in myself. Rvssia, jvst barely.

In the Kabardino-Balkar replvbic, on the border to Georgia, to be
precise.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, esqvel@sommarskog.se
August 13, 2004 1:56:55 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?

Africa

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

Hercule Poirot

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginald Dixon associated?

Theatre Organ

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?

Jane Austin

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?

Fitzgerald

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?

Seine

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?

Mont Blanc

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the
> ark?

Gopher

> 13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?

40th

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?

Lord Stansgate

> Sport

> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?

Tourist Trophy?

> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?

Decathlon?

> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?

Maureen Connolly

> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?

22

> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
> scored England's other goal?

Roger Hunt

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?

Mohamed Ali

> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?

Paul McCartney

> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?

Her Lovers

> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?

Una Stubbs

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?

MGM

> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?

The deep voiced one from Magnificent Seven?

> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?

Tony Hancock, also Bill Kerr

> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?

Home and Away

> GK II
>
> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?

Daily Express

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and

Reno?

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?

Lord Stokes?

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?

Cub

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?

Macmillan?

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?

Chicago?

> 9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?

Dr Christian Barnard

> 11) There was no question 11. Oops.

So, there's no answer

> --
> Keith Willoughby http://flat222.org/keith/
> Ceci n'est pas une sig
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 3:27:05 AM

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> Keith, it's always great to see one of your quizzes. Thanks.

Cheers!

"I see him with a small but perfectly formed Watteau"
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 3:30:16 AM

harry wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
>> medal at the 1964 Olympics?
>
> Decathlon?

Nope. No women's decathlon, anyhow.

>> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
>> scored England's other goal?
>
> Roger Hunt

Nope

>> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
>
> Her Lovers

Aye, although they excruciatingly spelled it 'Luvvers'

>> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
>
> The deep voiced one from Magnificent Seven?

Aye.

>> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
>
> Tony Hancock, also Bill Kerr

Sidney Balmoral James, too.

>> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
>
> Reno?

Nope

>> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
>> Strike?
>
> Lord Stokes?

No

>> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?
>
> Cub

Nope

>> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
>> Eton?
>
> Macmillan?

Nope

Rest correct

"I ain't what I used to be, but who the hell is?"
- Dizzy Dean
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 3:32:32 AM

hitesh wrote:

> The most intelligent thing Keith Willoughby ever wrote was the following:
>> 3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
>> recent test?
> Steve Harmison?

Nope

>> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
> Time Trial?

No. That is the classic wrong answer, though.

>> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
> Spanish

No

Rest correct.

Arkle for President
August 13, 2004 3:43:58 AM

> harry wrote:
>
>> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>
>>> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
>>> scored England's other goal?
>>
>> Roger Hunt
>
> Nope

Has to be Martin Peters then. Fancy getting that one wrong, and I was
there.

>>> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?
>>
>> Cub
>
> Nope

Calf

>>> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
>>> Eton?
>>
>> Macmillan?
>
> Nope

Alec Douglas-Home
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 3:52:14 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:12:47 +0100, Keith Willoughby
<keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>General Knowledge
>1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
Asia?

>2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
Mount Calvary , or Golgotha

>3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>Mysterious Affair at Styles?
Hercule Poirot

>6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?
Jane Austen

>7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
Fitzgerald

>9) On which river does Paris stand?
the Seine

>10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
Methane?

>12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
gopherwood

>13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
40th

>15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
Congressional Medal of Honor

>Sport
>1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
Leon Spinks?

>11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
Italian

>13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
Mohammed Ali

>TV Music Film
>4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
Clint Eastwood

>6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
Speedy Gonzalez

>7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
Lou Ferrigno

>8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
MGM

>GK II
>
>1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
Napolean?

>3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
What?
The Rio Grande if you meant to ask about Mexico.

>6) What is the young of a whale known as?
a calf

>8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in 1929?
Chicago

>9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant operation?
Christian Baarnard

>12) What is Spiderman's real name?
Peter Parker

>13) In which town did the Gunfight at the OK Corral take place?
Tombstone?

>14) In which museum are the Elgin Marbles held?
The British Museum

>15) Written in 1983, what was later described as 'the longest suicide
> note in history'?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 3:53:00 AM

Keith Willoughby wrote:
> General Knowledge
> 1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
Africa

> 2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
Calvary

> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
> Mysterious Affair at Styles?

> 4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
Organ

> 5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
Abuja

> 6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?
Jane Austen

> 7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
Fitzgerald

> 8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
> he later change it to?
Winston - Ono

> 9) On which river does Paris stand?
Seine

> 10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
Methane

> 11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
Mont Blanc

> 12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build
> the ark?
Gopher wood

13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
40th

> 14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
Viscount

> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
Congressional Medal of Honor

> Sport
> 1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
> 2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988
> Olympics?
Hockey

3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies
> in the most recent test?
Giles

> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
> title?
Navratilova

> 5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
Tourist Trophy

> 6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
> medal at the 1964 Olympics?
Long Jump

> 7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
Maureen Connolly

> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
Newport County

> 9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
22

> 10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the
> 2000 Olympics?

> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
Italian

> 12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but
> who scored England's other goal?
Peters

> 13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
> 14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
> Diamond Stakes held?
> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
> at the Moscow Olympics?
Wilkie

> TV Music Film
> 1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
Paul

> 2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
Luvvers (Like Joe Brown and the Bruvvers)

> 3) Where did the Flintstones live?
Bedrock

> 4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
Eastwood

> 5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
Una Stubbs

> 6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
Speedy Gonzalez

> 7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
Lou Ferrigno

> 8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
MGM

> 9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
> Beatles single?
True

> 10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
Lee Marvin

> 11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
> 12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
Hancock

> 13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
Home and Away

> 14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
Winchester

> 15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
Leonard Swindley

> GK II
>
> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
Napoleon

> 2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
Express

> 3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
Rio Bravo

> 4) Who was head of the National Coal Board during the 1984 Miners'
> Strike?
> 5) Who commanded the British fleet at the battle of the Nile?
Nelson

> 6) What is the young of a whale known as?
Calf

> 7) Who was the last British Prime Minister to have been educated at
> Eton?
Douglas-Home

> 8) In which city did the St Valentine's Day Massacre take place in
> 1929?
Chicago

9) Which surgeon performed the first human heart transplant
> operation?
Christian Barnard

--
Ray
Anonymous

harry wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> harry wrote:
>>
>>> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

>>> Roger Hunt
>>
>> Nope
>
> Has to be Martin Peters then. Fancy getting that one wrong, and I was
> there.

Yup.

>>> Cub
>>
>> Nope
>
> Calf

Yup

>>> Macmillan?
>>
>> Nope
>
> Alec Douglas-Home

And yup.

"They've got to be protected
All their rights respected
Until somebody we like can be elected"
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:20:40 AM

mUs1Ka wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> General Knowledge
>> 4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>> title?
> Navratilova

Nope

>> 8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
> Newport County

Nope

>> 11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
> Italian

Nope

>> 15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
>> at the Moscow Olympics?
> Wilkie

No. Wilkie was 1976.

Rest correct.

"Did you threaten to overrule him?"
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 4:33:15 AM

Jarmo Monttinen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87smasjspc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
>> 3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>> Mysterious Affair at Styles?
> Ms Marple?

Nope

>> 15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
> Purple heart?

No

>> 1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
> Winston Churchill?

No

Rest correct

"They create a wasteland and they call it peace."
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:14:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:12:47 +0100, Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>General Knowledge
>1) In which continent are the Atlas mountains?
>2) What was the name of the place at which Jesus was crucified?
Golgotha
>3) Which fictional detective first appeared in 1920 in the book The
>Mysterious Affair at Styles?
>4) With which musical instrument was Reginal Dixon associated?
>5) What is the capital of Nigeria?
Lagos
>6) Who wrote Pride and Prejudice?
>7) What was President John F. Kennedy's middle name?
Fitzgerald
>8) Point each - What was John Lennon's given middle name, and what did
>he later change it to?
>9) On which river does Paris stand?
Sein
>10) Which gas is the main constituent of the gas miners call firedamp?
>11) What is the highest peak in the Alps?
>12) According to Genesis, from which wood was Noah ordered to build the ark?
>13) Which anniversary is traditionally the ruby anniversary?
>14) Which title did Tony Benn renounce?
>15) What is the highest military decoration awarded in the USA?
Congressional Medal of Honor (note the American Spelling)

>Sport
>1) To whom did Mike Tyson lose his heavyweight title in 1990?
James "Buster" Douglas
>2) In which sport did Sean Kerly win a gold medal at the 1988 Olympics?
>3) Which bowler took 9-122 for England against West Indies in the most
>recent test?
>4) In 1988, which woman won the tennis grand slam, plus the Olympic
>title?
Martina Navatrolova
>5) The Isle of Man TT - what does TT stand for?
Time Trial
>6) In which athletics event did GB win both the men's and women's gold
>medal at the 1964 Olympics?
>7) Which tennis player was nicknamed Little Mo?
>8) Which Welsh football team play at Jenner Park?
>9) How long in yards is a cricket pitch from stump to stump?
>10) In which sport did Jason Queally win a gold medal for GB at the 2000
>Olympics?
>11) Which Grand Prix is held at Imola?
San Marino
>12) Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the 1966 World Cup Final, but who
>scored England's other goal?
>13) Who lit the Olympic flame at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996?
Muhammad Ali (born Cassius Clay)
>14) At which racecourse is the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth
>Diamond Stakes held?
>15) Who won a swimming gold medal for Britain in the 100m breaststroke
>at the Moscow Olympics?
>
>TV Music Film
>1) Which one of the Beatles played guitar left-handed?
>2) What was the name of Lulu's backing band on Shout?
>3) Where did the Flintstones live?
>4) Who directed The Outlaw Josey Wales?
Clint Eastwood
>5) Who played Aunt Sally in Worzel Gummidge?
>6) Who was the fastest mouse in all of Mexico?
>7) Who played the Monster in The Incredible Hulk TV series?
Lou Ferigno
>8) Which film studio has a roaring lion as its trademark?
Metro Golden Mayer (MGM)
>9) True or False: Mull of Kintyre sold more copies in the UK than any
>Beatles single?
>10) Who had a number one hit in 1970 with Wandrin' Star?
>11) Who had a hit in 1984 with Holding Out For A Hero?
Bonnie Tyler
>12) Which TV character lived at Railway Cuttings, East Cheam?
>13) Which soap is set in Summer Bay?
>14) In which club did Arthur and Terry drink in Minder?
>15) Which Coronation Street character did Arthur Lowe play?
>
>GK II
>
>1) Who said, "an army marches on its stomach?
George S. Patton
>2) In which newspaper is the Rupert the Bear comic strip published?
>3) Which river forms a major part of the border between the USA and
If it's Mexico then it's the Rio Grande
!