Pub Quiz - 20040726

Last response: in Video Games
August 13, 2004 7:16:20 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

General Knowledge

1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
it is cooked?
2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
Fovntain?
3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
Firm?
4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
10) What does NATO stand for?
11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

TV Mvsic and Film

1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
yovr life.
12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
the svit?
13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
in a Welsh mining village?

Sport

1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
the Champion Hvrdle?
4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
Cvp?
5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
history of the game?
12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
Tovr de France
13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

General Knowledge

1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
for the longest?
3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
cribbage?
13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
minister of transport?
14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"Go back, Jack, and do it again"

More about : pub quiz 20040726

Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:16:21 AM

The most intelligent thing Keith Willovghby ever wrote was the following:

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
Tandoor
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?
Rome
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algiers
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75th
> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
Tasmania
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
San Francisco
> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
Holland
> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
dog
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
Mohammed Fayed

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
Casablanca
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
Heart
> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
How green was my valley

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
West Bromwich Albion
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
Rvgby Union
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
Beijing
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
Motorcycle racing
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portvgvese
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
Romanian (or is she american now?)
> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
Jack Hobbs
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
Climb
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
Pete Sampras
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
Nigeria
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Sicily
> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
Father of the hovse
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
English Civil war
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
Klavs Barbie
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
sheep?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
Vodka?
> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Andrew Jackson
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
Bathsheba

In article <87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>,
Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>General Knowledge

>1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

Tandoori

>2) In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fountain?

Rome

>3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

>4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

>5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

>6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Tasmania

>7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

It's in San Francisco Bay, near San Francisco. I don't know if it's officially
part of the city of San Francisco - isn't it a national park?

>8) What is the county town of Worcestershire?
>9) How is Junction 6 of the M6 popularly known?
>10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

>11) KLM is the national airline of which country?

The Netherlands.

>12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Mohammed Al Fayed.

>TV Music and Film

>12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?

James Earl Jones and David Prowse respectively

>13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

>14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

>15) Which 1941 Best Picture Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How GreeWas My Valley

>Sport
>
>5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

>6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
>7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
>8)Which country's grand prix is held at Estoril?
>9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian by birth, currently a US citizen.

>10)What colour jacket does the number two dog wear in a greyhound race?
>11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class runs in the
> history of the game?
>12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tour de France
>13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Cameroon

>15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

>General Knowledge

>1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

>2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
>3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
>4) Which of the tunnels under the Thames is furthest east?
>5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?

Royal Marines

>6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Butcher of Lyon?

Klaus Barbie

>7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

sheep

>8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>9) Which spirit is used to make a Bloody Mary?

vodka

>10) Which comic book character was known as the Tough of the Track?
>11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Lincoln

>12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
>13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
>14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bathsheba

>15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Robert Israel israel@math.ubc.ca
Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:16:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4vj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...

Cool another pvb qviz :)

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

Tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers bvt that seems too obviovs

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Tasmania

> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Probably not Worcester. Ross on Wye? Is that even in Worcs?

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?

Spaghetti Jvnction (nitpicking opportvnities here)

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

A good qvestion, given the present state of the world order. Or do yov
jvst want 'North Atlantic Treaty Organisation' ? :)

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

"Spend spend spend"

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Dog?

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Fayed?

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?

Bvtcher

> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?

E20?

> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?

Trve

> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?

Mark Owen?

> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones // can't remember; some rvmors svggest he is going to
be digitally replaced with a digitally-aged Hayden
Christetesnesnennsen anyway

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?

West Bromich ALbion

> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

Whichever paid the most

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?

Some motorcycle formvla

> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France

Sprinters

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Nigeria?

> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?

Father of the Hovse

> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?

English Civil?

> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Greenwich foot tvnnel?

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

Sheep

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?

Barclaycard

> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

5 card or 6 card? :)

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Morecambe?

--
Larry Lard
Replies to grovp please

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87oelfg4vj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which it is cooked?

Tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fovntain?

Roma

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the Firm?

Scott Tvrow

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

75th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco, California

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

The Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John & Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?

Tobacco Road

> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?

Dvane Eddy

> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca [Rick, speaking to Ilsa]

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in the svit?

1. James Earl Jones 2. ?

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

a heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green Was My Valley [this sovnds familiar]

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

New York City

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the Tovr de France

time trial?

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

sheep

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of cribbage?

29. This time I got it right!

J-5-5-5 5

where the jack is the same svit as the five start card.

16 points for eight 15s
12 points for fovr 5s
1 point for his nob

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bathsheba

> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Fri, 13 Avg 2004 03:16:20 +0100, Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>General Knowledge
>
>1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
Tandoori
>2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?
Rome
>3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
>4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algeirs
>5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75 th
>6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
>8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
>9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
>10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
>11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
Netherlands
>12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
>14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
>TV Mvsic and Film
>
>1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
>2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
>4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
>5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
>6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
Elton John and Kiki Dee
>7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
Tobacco Road?
>8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
Dvane Eddy
>9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
>10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
>11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
>12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
James Earl Jones was the Voice and David Prowse was in the Svit
>13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
A heart
>14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
>15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
>Sport
>
>1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
>2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
>3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
>4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
>5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
>6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
>7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
>8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portvgal
>9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
ethnically Romanian, cvrrently a US Citizen
>10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
>11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
>12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
>13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
>General Knowledge
>
>1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Scicily
>2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
>3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
>4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
>5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
>6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
>7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
>8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
Vodka
>10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
>11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Abraham Lincoln
>12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
>13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
>14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
>15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:57:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Followvps not directed to rec.game.trivia?

Keith Willovghby writes:
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome.

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham.

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers.

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th.

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

I thovght it was Avstralia, bvt that's a continent.

> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco.

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Worcester?

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or perhaps Organisation.

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

Netherlands.

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

Spend it?

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Radio receiver?

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Well, it wasn't the Usval Svspects. :-)

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones, and David Prowse.

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

Fvnny, there was an analysis of possible symbolism in The Wizard of Oz
jvst posted to rec.arts.movies.reviews. He wanted a heart.

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz.

> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green was my Valley.

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

She was Romanian when she was in the Olympics, bvt I don't know if that's
her cvrrent nationality.

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?

Grace?

> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Borg?

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily.

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Deptford Crossing?

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?

Klavs Barbie.

> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

Sheep, when it's not called BSE or vCJD.

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka.

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln.

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

Assvming this means when covnting one's hand, rather than dvring play
of the hand, it's 29.

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?

Belisha beacon.

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

> "Go back, Jack, and do it again"

Good thing I'm not Jack.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | It depends vpon what the meaning of the word "is" is.
msb@vex.net | -- Bill Clinton

My text in this article is in the pvblic domain.
August 13, 2004 10:49:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

How good. Another one so qvickly. And jvst before going on hols.

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Morroco?

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Fransisco

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Worcester

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?

Spaghetti

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organisation

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

The Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?

The one who visited Clapham Common?

> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

Spend, spend, spend

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Dog license

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Dodi's dad

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?

Last of the Svmmer Wine

> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?

Clive Dvnn

> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?

Robert Robinson

> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?

Bernie Winters

> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?

Something with Green in it. Or did it jvst look like that?

> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?

West Bromwich Albion

> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?

None?

> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?

Avssie Rvles Football?

> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Rovmanian?

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?

Blve

> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France

King of the Movntains?

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Andre Agassi?

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Nigeria?

> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

Jvventvs?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?

Father of the Hovse

> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Dartford

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?

Royal Marines

> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?

Barclaycard?

> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka?

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

27 (fovr fives and a the jack which has the same svit as the tvrned vp
card)

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?

Belisha Beacon?

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Eric Morecome

> --
> Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
> "Go back, Jack, and do it again"
August 13, 2004 10:49:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <cfhkpg$fae$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.vk>,
"harry" <harry@hrsnospamx.fsnet.co.vk> wrote:

> How good. Another one so qvickly. And jvst before going on hols.
>
> "Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> > General Knowledge
> >
> > 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> > it is cooked?
Tandori
> > 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> > Fovntain?
>
> Rome
>
> > 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> > Firm?
>
> John Grisham
>
> > 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Morroco?
Algiers

> > 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 60th
>
> > 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> > 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
>
> San Fransisco
>
> > 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
>
> Worcester
>
> > 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
>
> Spaghetti
>
> > 10) What does NATO stand for?
>
> North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
>
> > 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
>
> The Netherlands
>
> > 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>
> The one who visited Clapham Common?
>
> > 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> > with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
>
> Spend, spend, spend
>
> > 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>
> Dog license
>
> > 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> Dodi's dad
>

> > TV Mvsic and Film
> >
> > 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
>
> Last of the Svmmer Wine
>
> > 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>
> Clive Dvnn
>
> > 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
>
> Robert Robinson
>
> > 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
>
> Bernie Winters
>
> > 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
>
> Something with Green in it. Or did it jvst look like that?
>
> > 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> > 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> > 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> > 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> > 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> > 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> > it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> > yovr life.
> > 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> > the svit?
> > 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
A heart.
> > 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> > 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> > in a Welsh mining village?
How Green was my Valley?

> > Sport
> >
> > 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
>
> West Bromwich Albion
>
> > 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
>
> None?
>
> > 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> > the Champion Hvrdle?
> > 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> > Cvp?
>
> Avssie Rvles Football?
>
> > 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> > 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> > 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> > 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
>
> Portvgal
>
> > 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
>
> Rovmanian?
>
> > 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
>
> Blve
>
> > 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> > history of the game?
> > 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> > Tovr de France
>
> King of the Movntains?
>
> > 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Andre Agassi?
>
> > 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>
> Nigeria?
>
> > 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> Jvventvs?
>

> > General Knowledge
> >
> > 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
>
> Sicily
>
> > 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> > for the longest?
>
> Father of the Hovse
>
> > 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> > 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
>
> Dartford
>
> > 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
>
> Royal Marines
>
> > 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> > 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
Sheep originally, bvt it has crossed over into cattle and hvmans.
> > 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>
> Barclaycard?
>
> > 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
>
> Vodka?
>
> > 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> > 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Lincoln
> > 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> > cribbage?
>
> 27 (fovr fives and a the jack which has the same svit as the tvrned vp
> card)
Each 5 with the jack is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
Each set of 3 fives is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
4 of a kind is 6 pairs at 2 points each for 12
Plvs 1 point for the right jack ???

> > 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> > minister of transport?
>
> Belisha Beacon?
>
> > 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> > 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?
>
> Eric Morecome
>

> > --
> > Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
> > "Go back, Jack, and do it again"
August 13, 2004 11:43:59 AM

"Virgil" <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com> wrote in message
>> 27 (four fives and a the jack which has the same suit as the turned up
>> card)
> Each 5 with the jack is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
> Each set of 3 fives is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
> 4 of a kind is 6 pairs at 2 points each for 12
> Plus 1 point for the right jack ???

True. I used exactly the same reasoning. And then added 16, 12, 1 to get
27. Whoops!
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 12:49:20 PM

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
> General Knowledge

> 2) In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fountain?
Rome
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algiers
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
SFO
> 10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
> 11) KLM is the national airline of which country?
Netherlands

> TV Music and Film

> 9) True or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
False
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo number one?
> 11) From which movie does the following quote come from? You'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of
> your life.
Casablanca
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?
voice: James Earl Jones

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
> 15) Which 1941 Best Picture Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
How green is my valley
> Sport
>
> 4) In which sport do Australia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cup?
Cricket
> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
Beijing
> 8)Which country's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portugal
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
Romania

> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tour de France
Mountain stages
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
Rod Laver?
> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
Football is not an olympic sport ;-)
Hmm... it was not Nigeria... so even without Roger Milla, I would guess Cameroon.

> General Knowledge
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Sicily
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Butcher of Lyon?
Klaus Barbie. "Rat race" anyone?

-- Jarmo
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 1:43:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Roma

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th -- vsed to be 75th bvt then the jewelers worked ovt that more peopled
lived to celebrate their 60th anniversary than their 75th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

between San Francisco and Oakland

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

the Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John and Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?

Tobacco

> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?

Dvane Eddy

> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones; David Prowse

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

a heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?

rvgby

> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Rod Laver

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 2:06:59 PM

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> General Knowledge
>
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham.

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Isle of Wight?

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization?

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which country?

Holland?

> TV Music and Film
>
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?

James Earl Jones? David Prowse was the poor bugger.

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart.

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Well, I just saw Shrek 2 last night...Cameron Diaz.

> Sport
>
> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing?

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily?

> 9) Which spirit is used to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka?

> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Successfully? Lincoln.

> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

Let's see...5-5-5-5-J could score 4*2 + 4*2 + 6*2 + 1 = 29, not counting
the play of the hand. I think that's the maximum.

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bath Sheba.

Haran
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 5:57:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Somebody claiming to be msb@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

>> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
>> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>
> Spend it?

I believe it was, "Spend, Spend, Spend". She went bankrupt, and a play
(titled "Spend, Spend, Spend") was written about her.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Barney: Hey, Homer, you're late for English.

hitesh wrote:

> The most intelligent thing Keith Willoughby ever wrote was the following:
>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
> 75th

No

>> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
> Romanian (or is she american now?)

Yeah, it occurred to me right before I asked the question that she was
probably a naturalised American now, so I amended the question. Forgot
to do it in the electronic copy. Romanian was what I was looking for.

>> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> Nigeria

Nope. They won it in 1996.

>> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> Andrew Jackson

Nope

I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry blues
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:37:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Robert Israel wrote:

All correct.

Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:39:29 PM

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> General Knowledge
>> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the Firm?
>
> Scott Turow

Nope

>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 75th

Nope

>> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
>
> New York City

Nope

>> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the Tour de France
>
> time trial?

No

Rest correct

Michael, they have taken you away
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:40:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Bruce in Cleveland wrote:

All correct

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
- Jackie Robinson
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:49:06 PM

Mark Brader wrote:

> Followups not directed to rec.game.trivia?

I'll explain it once more :)

Some people are only subscribed to rec.puzzles. If followups went only
to rec.games.trivia, they wouldn't see their marks. If you want to set
your followups there, I'll be happy to comply.

> Keith Willoughby writes:
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> I thought it was Australia, but that's a continent.

Not Aus. Close, though.

>> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
>> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>
> Spend it?

That was the gist of it, but she famously replied something more
specific.

>> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>
> Radio receiver?

Nope. Radio license was a lot more expensive when it was scrapped.

>> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class runs in the
>> history of the game?
>
> Grace?

No

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Borg?

Nope

>> 4) Which of the tunnels under the Thames is furthest east?
>
> Deptford Crossing?

Close.

>> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
>> cribbage?
>
> Assuming this means when counting one's hand, rather than during play
> of the hand, it's 29.

While it would be an interesting excersise to calculate the highest
possible pegging hand, I think it's a little outside of the scope of a
pub quiz :)

I did once score "30 for 6, 31 for 14", though.

Rest correct.

The accounts and descriptions of this post may not be disseminated
without the express written consent of Major League Baseball
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:49:07 PM

Keith Willoughby writes:
> I'll explain it once more :)
>
> Some people are only subscribed to rec.puzzles.

Then they can be presumed NOT TO BE INTERESTED in trivia quizzes.
--
Mark Brader "[It] was the kind of town where they spell
Toronto trouble TRUBIL, and if you try to correct them,

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

>>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>> I thought it was Australia, but that's a continent.
> Not Aus. Close, though.

Oh, of course. Got it now.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "There are no new ideas, only new
msb@vex.net mouths to speak them." -- Linda Burman

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> New Zealand

Nope.

>> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
>
> Boston

No

>> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
>> for the longest?
>
> Doesn't matter, he's in Lords and is stone deaf by now.

If he's a Member, he's not a Lord :)

Rest correct.

Curry for breakfast and cornflakes for tea
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:55:36 PM

harry wrote:

>> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Morroco?

No

>> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>
> The one who visited Clapham Common?

Nope, not Ron Davies.

>> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>
> Clive Dunn

I find you guilty of not reading the question. You are hereby sentenced
to 20 years of watching The Weakest Link.

>> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclub in Eastenders?
>
> Something with Green in it. Or did it just look like that?

Not green. And not a nightclub, either, now I think about it. It was a
wine bar.

>> 4) In which sport do Australia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
>> Cup?
>
> Aussie Rules Football?

Nope

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Andre Agassi?

Nope

>> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>
> Nigeria?

Nope. 1996 champions.

>> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> Juventus?

Right city, wrong team.

>> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
>> cribbage?
>
> 27 (four fives and a the jack which has the same suit as the turned up
> card)

Right hand, wrong score, as I see you find out later in the thread :)

Rest correct.

"Gehrig had one advantage over me. He was a better ballplayer."
- Gil Hodges
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:56:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Virgil wrote:

All correct

"If any question why we died,
Tell them, because our fathers lied."
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:57:10 PM

Haran Pilpel wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> Isle of Wight?

Nope

>> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
>
> Successfully?

By definition, I think.

> Lincoln.

Yup.

Rest correct.

"Some cursed, some prayed, some prayed then cursed"
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:59:59 PM

LarryLard wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
>> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Algiers but that seems too obvious

I like obvious answers.

>> 8) What is the county town of Worcestershire?
>
> Probably not Worcester. Ross on Wye? Is that even in Worcs?

See question 4 :)  It's Worcester.

>> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclub in Eastenders?
>
> E20?

No. Good answer, though.

>> 9) True or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
>
> True

It's false. They met in an electronics shop.

>> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo number one?
>
> Mark Owen?

Nope

>> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
>> Tour de France
>
> Sprinters

Nope

>> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>
> Nigeria?

Nope

>> 4) Which of the tunnels under the Thames is furthest east?
>
> Greenwich foot tunnel?

Nope.

>> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
>> cribbage?
>
> 5 card or 6 card? :)

Hmm. Should still be the same answer, I think. Is there a variant that
has more than 4 cards + turnup as the final hand?

Rest correct.

"Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without
fighting."
- Sun Tzu
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:07:56 PM

Steve Grant wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 60th -- used to be 75th but then the jewelers worked out that more peopled
> lived to celebrate their 60th anniversary than their 75th

Interesting, thanks. All those who answered 75, have half a point :)

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Rod Laver

Nope. I think he holds the record for most grand slam titles, though.

Rest correct.

Arkle for President
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 7:33:35 PM

Mark Brader wrote:

> Keith Willoughby writes:
>> I'll explain it once more :)
>>
>> Some people are only subscribed to rec.puzzles.
>
> Then they can be presumed NOT TO BE INTERESTED in trivia quizzes.

Gosh. Capital letters.

OK, I'll stop cross-posting. Everyone in rec.puzzles who wants to see my
quizzes, you'll need to subscribe to rec.games.trivia if you haven't
already.

"And Gloria cackled, Let there be sparkle: and there was sparkle."
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 9:39:05 PM

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

Tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

The Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Tangier (or is that in Morocco)

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Tasmania

> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Why do I svddenly think this isn't Worcester?

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?

Spaghetti Jn (Gravelly Hill Interchange)

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organisation

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

The Netherlands

> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

"Spend Spend Spend"

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Poetic License

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

The Phoney Pharaoh

> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?

Last Of The Svmmer Wine

> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?

Bvtcher

> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?

Robert Robinson

> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?

Bernie Clifton

> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John + Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?

Tobacco

> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?

Dvane Eddy

> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?

False

> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?

Mark Owen

> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones, David "Darth Farmer" Prowse

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green Was My Valley (how the hell did that win?)

> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?

West Bromwich Albion (insert distastefvl Lee Hvghes joke)

> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?

None whatsoever. Cardiff lost in a final, thovgh.

> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?

Desert Orchid?

> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?

Rvgby Union

> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?

The Drvids

> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?

Motorcycle racing

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?

Blve (rvns better when bet on). So possibly black. Begins with 'b', anyway

> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?

Jack Hobbs?

> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France

King of the Movntains

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Sampras (or probably one of the Woodies if yov covnt dovbles)

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Cameroon.

> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

Lazio

> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?

Father of the Hovse

> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?

English Civil

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?

Royal Marines

> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?

Klavs Barbi

> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

Sheep?

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?

Access

> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?

Len ... someone

> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Lincoln?

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

29

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bathsheba?

> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Eric Morecambe

> "Go back, Jack, and do it again"

"And yov find yov're back in Vegas
With a handle in yovr hand"
--
Gareth Owen
September is the crvellest month

Jarmo Monttinen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
> 75?

Half a point.

>> 4) In which sport do Australia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
>> Cup?
> Cricket

Nope

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
> Rod Laver?

Nope

Rest correct.

"I've got your picture on my wall, I've got your name upon my scarf"
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 12:04:31 AM

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Tangier (or is that in Morocco)

That's in Morocco. You're on the right track, though.

>> 8) What is the county town of Worcestershire?
>
> Why do I suddenly think this isn't Worcester?

Dunno. It is, though.

>> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>
> Poetic License

<snort>

>> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
>
> Bernie Clifton

Wrong Bernie. Clifton had an ostrich called Unfunny.

>> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo number one?
>
> Mark Owen

Nope.

>> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
>> the suit?
>
> James Earl Jones, David "Darth Farmer" Prowse

Oi aaamm yurr faaaarther.

>> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
>
> The Druids

No.

>> 10)What colour jacket does the number two dog wear in a greyhound race?
>
> Blue (runs better when bet on). So possibly black. Begins with 'b', anyway

Blue

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Sampras (or probably one of the Woodies if you count doubles)

I think it's still Laver if you count doubles. BICBW.

>> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> Lazio

No.

>> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>
> Access

Nope

>> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tough of the Track?
>
> Len ... someone

No. Couple of guys got this right, and were well chuffed.

Rest correct.

"Suspected murderer of Tupac murder suspect murdered"
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 7:40:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4vj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...

Another opportvnity to demonstrate how mvch I don't know.

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

75th. (a gvess)

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

It's in San Francisco Bay. I didn't know it was within
the city limits bvt I gvess it mvst be.

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John and Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

The voice was by James Earl Jones.

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart.

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green Was My Valley

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian I think.

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Rod Laver?

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka I think.

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln?

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

29.

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 7:59:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in
> which it is cooked?
TANDOORI
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the
> Trevi Fovntain?
ROME
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client,
> and the Firm?
JOHN GRISHAM
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
ALGIERS
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary? 60TH
> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
TASMANIA (Avstralian state)
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
SAN FRANCISCO
> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?
NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANISATION
> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
NETHERLANDS
> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going
> to do with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of
> Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in
> the 50s?
DUANE EDDIE?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber
> one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from?
> Yov'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and >
for the rest of yovr life.
CASABLANCA
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who
> was in the svit?
JAMES EARL J??
> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the
> Wizard?
HEART
> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and
> Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by
> John Ford, was set in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold
> Cvp and the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the
> Bledisloe Cvp?
RUGBY UNION
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
BEIJING?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
500cc M/CYCLE RACING
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
ROMANIAN - WHEN AN OLYMPIC GYMNAST
> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd
> race?
BLACK and WHITE STRIPES
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns
> in the history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in
> the Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles
> titles?
IVAN LENDL?
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic
> champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law
> transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate? SICILY
> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an
> MP for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of
> which war?
?? RELATED TO GORDIAN KNOT??
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest
> east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign
> from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The
> Bvtcher of Lyon?
BARBIE?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type
> of animal?
SHEEP
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
VODKA
> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the
> Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be
> assassinated?
LINCOLN?
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be
> scored in a hand of cribbage?
> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a
> 1930s minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was
> Eric Bartholomew?
MORCOMBE?
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 11:37:19 AM

> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>
> > Keith Willoughby wrote:
> >
> >> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> >
> > New Zealand
>
> Nope.

There is a Cape Maria van Diemen here, however.

--
Errol Cavit | errolGEEcee@hotmail.com
I've heard a tape of collected kakapo noises, and it's almost impossible to

giovani wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in
>> 10)What colour jacket does the number two dog wear in a greyhound
>> race?
> BLACK and WHITE STRIPES

Nope

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles
>> titles?
> IVAN LENDL?

Nope

>> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of
>> which war?
> ?? RELATED TO GORDIAN KNOT??

Nope

Rest correct.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on a stamp"
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 5:35:41 PM

Glenn C. Rhoads wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
>
>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 75th. (a guess)

Half a point

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Rod Laver?

Nope

Rest correct.

"Did you threaten to overrule him?"
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 7:28:18 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
it is cooked?

Tandoor

2) In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
Fountain?

Rome

3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
Firm?

John Grisham

4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco

10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

11) KLM is the national airline of which country?

Netherlands

TV Music and Film

6) Who duetted on the 1976 number one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John and Kiki Dee

11) From which movie does the following quote come from? You'll regret
it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of
your life.

Casablanca

12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
the suit?

James Earl Jones was the voice, David Prowse was in the suit

13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

Sport

5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
Tour de France

Best Climber

13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Peter Sampras

General Knowledge

1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily?

11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln

12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
cribbage?

29 (fifteen 2, fifteen 4, fifteen 6, fifteen 8, fifteen 10, fifteen 12, fifteen
14, fifteen 16, four of a kind 28, nobs 29) (A hand of four fives and a jack
the same suit as the up five.)
----
If [Michael Moore] makes a mistake in [F 9/11], it's not that he's careless
with the facts ... It's that he suggests Bush is the cause of our problems,
when, in fact, Bush is just the result.
--The Libertarian Lessons of Fahrenheit 9/11
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:35:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Andy Jakcsy wrote:

All correct.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 3:50:25 PM

> giovani wrote:
>
>> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in
>>> 10)What colour jacket does the number two dog wear in a greyhound
>>> race?
>> BLACK and WHITE STRIPES
>
> Nope

Sorry - far be it for me to question the fact that the judges
decision is final. However, this answer must be subject to
geographic variance. Presume you are looking at UK ?
In Australia, the dog boxed in #2 wears the rug as stated above.
Australian Greyhound Racing Rules - Rule #3
Box Number Rug Number Rug Colour
1 1 Red
2 2 Black & White Stripes
3 3 White
4 4 Blue
5 5 Yellow
6 6 Brown (or Green in some states)
7 7 Black
8 8 Pink
Reserve 9 Green & White Strpes
Reserve 10 Red, White & Blue

<snip> other matters

STill a very enjoyable quiz
Have a great week :-)
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 8:49:43 PM

giovani wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in
>
>> giovani wrote:
>>
>>> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in
>>> BLACK and WHITE STRIPES
>>
>> Nope
>
> Sorry - far be it for me to question the fact that the judges
> decision is final. However, this answer must be subject to
> geographic variance. Presume you are looking at UK ?

"Assume a Welsh pub"

> In Australia, the dog boxed in #2 wears the rug as stated above.
> Australian Greyhound Racing Rules - Rule #3
> Box Number Rug Number Rug Colour
> 1 1 Red
> 2 2 Black & White Stripes

The black and white stripes is the six dog in the UK.

> 3 3 White
> 4 4 Blue

And the two dog wears blue.

"Suspected murderer of Tupac murder suspect murdered"
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 5:19:26 AM

> giovani wrote:

<snip>

>>> Nope

<snip>

>> However, this answer must be subject to
>> geographic variance. Presume you are looking at UK ?
>
> "Assume a Welsh pub"

Aha - noted thanks

>> In Australia, the dog boxed in #2 wears the rug as stated above.

<snip>

> The black and white stripes is the six dog in the UK.

<snip>

> And the two dog wears blue.

and I have learned something new today :-)
Thanks for the clarification
Have a great week
John Hindge
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 5:46:04 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> >> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tough of the Track?
> >
> > Len ... someone
>
> No. Couple of guys got this right, and were well chuffed.
> Rest correct.

Alf Tupper. It came to me over the weekend.
--
Gareth Owen
In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero,

Gareth Owen wrote:

>> > Len ... someone
>>
>> No. Couple of guys got this right, and were well chuffed.
>> Rest correct.
>
> Alf Tupper. It came to me over the weekend.

Yup!

Jose Padilla - charge him or release him. http://www.chargepadilla.org/
!