Pub Quiz - 20040726

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

General Knowledge

1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
it is cooked?
2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
Fovntain?
3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
Firm?
4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
10) What does NATO stand for?
11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

TV Mvsic and Film

1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
yovr life.
12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
the svit?
13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
in a Welsh mining village?

Sport

1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
the Champion Hvrdle?
4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
Cvp?
5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
history of the game?
12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
Tovr de France
13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

General Knowledge

1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
for the longest?
3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
cribbage?
13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
minister of transport?
14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"Go back, Jack, and do it again"

The most intelligent thing Keith Willovghby ever wrote was the following:

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
Tandoor
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?
Rome
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algiers
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75th
> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
Tasmania
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
San Francisco
> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
Holland
> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
dog
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
Mohammed Fayed

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
Casablanca
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
Heart
> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
How green was my valley

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
West Bromwich Albion
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
Rvgby Union
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
Beijing
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
Motorcycle racing
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portvgvese
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
Romanian (or is she american now?)
> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
Jack Hobbs
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
Climb
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
Pete Sampras
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
Nigeria
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Sicily
> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
Father of the hovse
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
English Civil war
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
Klavs Barbie
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
sheep?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
Vodka?
> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Andrew Jackson
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
Bathsheba

In article <87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>,
Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>General Knowledge

>1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

Tandoori

>2) In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fountain?

Rome

>3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

>4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

>5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

>6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Tasmania

>7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

It's in San Francisco Bay, near San Francisco. I don't know if it's officially
part of the city of San Francisco - isn't it a national park?

>8) What is the county town of Worcestershire?
>9) How is Junction 6 of the M6 popularly known?
>10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

>11) KLM is the national airline of which country?

The Netherlands.

>12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Mohammed Al Fayed.

>TV Music and Film

>12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?

James Earl Jones and David Prowse respectively

>13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

>14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

>15) Which 1941 Best Picture Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How GreeWas My Valley

>Sport
>
>5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

>6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
>7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
>8)Which country's grand prix is held at Estoril?
>9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian by birth, currently a US citizen.

>10)What colour jacket does the number two dog wear in a greyhound race?
>11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class runs in the
> history of the game?
>12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tour de France
>13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Cameroon

>15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

>General Knowledge

>1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

>2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
>3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
>4) Which of the tunnels under the Thames is furthest east?
>5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?

Royal Marines

>6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Butcher of Lyon?

Klaus Barbie

>7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

sheep

>8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>9) Which spirit is used to make a Bloody Mary?

vodka

>10) Which comic book character was known as the Tough of the Track?
>11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Lincoln

>12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
>13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
>14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bathsheba

>15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Robert Israel israel@math.ubc.ca
Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z2

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4vj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...

Cool another pvb qviz :)

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

Tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers bvt that seems too obviovs

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Tasmania

> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Probably not Worcester. Ross on Wye? Is that even in Worcs?

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?

Spaghetti Jvnction (nitpicking opportvnities here)

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

A good qvestion, given the present state of the world order. Or do yov
jvst want 'North Atlantic Treaty Organisation' ? :)

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

"Spend spend spend"

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Dog?

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Fayed?

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?

Bvtcher

> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?

E20?

> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?

Trve

> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?

Mark Owen?

> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones // can't remember; some rvmors svggest he is going to
be digitally replaced with a digitally-aged Hayden
Christetesnesnennsen anyway

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?

West Bromich ALbion

> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

Whichever paid the most

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?

Some motorcycle formvla

> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France

Sprinters

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Nigeria?

> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?

Father of the Hovse

> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?

English Civil?

> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Greenwich foot tvnnel?

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

Sheep

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?

Barclaycard

> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

5 card or 6 card? :)

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Morecambe?

--
Larry Lard
Replies to grovp please

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <87oelfg4vj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which it is cooked?

Tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fovntain?

Roma

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the Firm?

Scott Tvrow

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

75th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco, California

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

The Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John & Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?

Tobacco Road

> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?

Dvane Eddy

> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca [Rick, speaking to Ilsa]

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in the svit?

1. James Earl Jones 2. ?

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

a heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz

> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green Was My Valley [this sovnds familiar]

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

New York City

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the Tovr de France

time trial?

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

sheep

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

vodka

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of cribbage?

29. This time I got it right!

J-5-5-5 5

where the jack is the same svit as the five start card.

16 points for eight 15s
12 points for fovr 5s
1 point for his nob

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s minister of transport?
> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bathsheba

> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Fri, 13 Avg 2004 03:16:20 +0100, Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>General Knowledge
>
>1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
Tandoori
>2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?
Rome
>3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
>4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algeirs
>5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75 th
>6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
>8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
>9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
>10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
>11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
Netherlands
>12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
>14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
>TV Mvsic and Film
>
>1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
>2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
>4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
>5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
>6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
Elton John and Kiki Dee
>7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
Tobacco Road?
>8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
Dvane Eddy
>9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
>10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
>11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
>12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
James Earl Jones was the Voice and David Prowse was in the Svit
>13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
A heart
>14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
>15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
>Sport
>
>1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
>2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
>3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
>4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
>5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
>6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
>7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
>8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portvgal
>9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
ethnically Romanian, cvrrently a US Citizen
>10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
>11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
>12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
>13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
>General Knowledge
>
>1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Scicily
>2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
>3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
>4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
>5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
>6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
>7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
>8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
Vodka
>10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
>11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Abraham Lincoln
>12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?
>13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?
>14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
>15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Followvps not directed to rec.game.trivia?

Keith Willovghby writes:
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome.

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham.

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers.

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th.

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

I thovght it was Avstralia, bvt that's a continent.

> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Francisco.

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Worcester?

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization, or perhaps Organisation.

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

Netherlands.

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

Spend it?

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Radio receiver?

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Well, it wasn't the Usval Svspects. :)

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones, and David Prowse.

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

Fvnny, there was an analysis of possible symbolism in The Wizard of Oz
jvst posted to rec.arts.movies.reviews. He wanted a heart.

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Cameron Diaz.

> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?

How Green was my Valley.

> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?
> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

She was Romanian when she was in the Olympics, bvt I don't know if that's
her cvrrent nationality.

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?

Grace?

> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Borg?

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily.

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?
> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Deptford Crossing?

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?

Klavs Barbie.

> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?

Sheep, when it's not called BSE or vCJD.

> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka.

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Abraham Lincoln.

> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

Assvming this means when covnting one's hand, rather than dvring play
of the hand, it's 29.

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?

Belisha beacon.

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

> "Go back, Jack, and do it again"

Good thing I'm not Jack.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | It depends vpon what the meaning of the word "is" is.
msb@vex.net | -- Bill Clinton

My text in this article is in the pvblic domain.

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

How good. Another one so qvickly. And jvst before going on hols.

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?
> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Rome

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Morroco?

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

San Fransisco

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?

Worcester

> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?

Spaghetti

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organisation

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

The Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?

The one who visited Clapham Common?

> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?

Spend, spend, spend

> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?

Dog license

> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?

Dodi's dad

> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?

Last of the Svmmer Wine

> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?

Clive Dvnn

> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?

Robert Robinson

> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?

Bernie Winters

> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?

Something with Green in it. Or did it jvst look like that?

> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?
> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?

West Bromwich Albion

> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?

None?

> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?

Avssie Rvles Football?

> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Rovmanian?

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?

Blve

> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France

King of the Movntains?

> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Andre Agassi?

> 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?

Nigeria?

> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?

Jvventvs?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily

> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> for the longest?

Father of the Hovse

> 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?

Dartford

> 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?

Royal Marines

> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
> 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?

Barclaycard?

> 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka?

> 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

27 (fovr fives and a the jack which has the same svit as the tvrned vp
card)

> 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> minister of transport?

Belisha Beacon?

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?

Eric Morecome

> --
> Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
> "Go back, Jack, and do it again"

virgil

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

In article <cfhkpg$fae$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.vk>,
"harry" <harry@hrsnospamx.fsnet.co.vk> wrote:

> How good. Another one so qvickly. And jvst before going on hols.
>
> "Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> > General Knowledge
> >
> > 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> > it is cooked?
Tandori
> > 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> > Fovntain?
>
> Rome
>
> > 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> > Firm?
>
> John Grisham
>
> > 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Morroco?
Algiers

> > 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 60th
>
> > 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> > 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
>
> San Fransisco
>
> > 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
>
> Worcester
>
> > 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
>
> Spaghetti
>
> > 10) What does NATO stand for?
>
> North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
>
> > 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?
>
> The Netherlands
>
> > 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>
> The one who visited Clapham Common?
>
> > 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> > with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
>
> Spend, spend, spend
>
> > 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>
> Dog license
>
> > 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> Dodi's dad
>

> > TV Mvsic and Film
> >
> > 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
>
> Last of the Svmmer Wine
>
> > 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>
> Clive Dvnn
>
> > 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
>
> Robert Robinson
>
> > 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
>
> Bernie Winters
>
> > 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
>
> Something with Green in it. Or did it jvst look like that?
>
> > 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?
> > 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?
> > 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?
> > 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> > 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> > 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> > it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> > yovr life.
> > 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> > the svit?
> > 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?
A heart.
> > 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> > 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> > in a Welsh mining village?
How Green was my Valley?

> > Sport
> >
> > 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
>
> West Bromwich Albion
>
> > 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
>
> None?
>
> > 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> > the Champion Hvrdle?
> > 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> > Cvp?
>
> Avssie Rvles Football?
>
> > 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?
> > 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> > 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> > 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?
>
> Portvgal
>
> > 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
>
> Rovmanian?
>
> > 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
>
> Blve
>
> > 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> > history of the game?
> > 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> > Tovr de France
>
> King of the Movntains?
>
> > 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Andre Agassi?
>
> > 14)Which African covntry are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>
> Nigeria?
>
> > 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> Jvventvs?
>

> > General Knowledge
> >
> > 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
>
> Sicily
>
> > 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
> > for the longest?
>
> Father of the Hovse
>
> > 3) The historical society Sealed Knot re-enact the battles of which war?
> > 4) Which of the tvnnels vnder the Thames is fvrthest east?
>
> Dartford
>
> > 5) Which branch of the military did Prince Edward resign from?
>
> Royal Marines
>
> > 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Bvtcher of Lyon?
> > 7) Scrapie is a disease that affects which type of animal?
Sheep originally, bvt it has crossed over into cattle and hvmans.
> > 8) Which credit card did Rowan Atkinson advertise?
>
> Barclaycard?
>
> > 9) Which spirit is vsed to make a Bloody Mary?
>
> Vodka?
>
> > 10) Which comic book character was known as the Tovgh of the Track?
> > 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
Lincoln
> > 12) What is the most nvmber of points that can be scored in a hand of
> > cribbage?
>
> 27 (fovr fives and a the jack which has the same svit as the tvrned vp
> card)
Each 5 with the jack is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
Each set of 3 fives is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
4 of a kind is 6 pairs at 2 points each for 12
Plvs 1 point for the right jack ???

> > 13) What object seen on the streets of the UK was named after a 1930s
> > minister of transport?
>
> Belisha Beacon?
>
> > 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?
> > 15) Which comedian and actor's real name was Eric Bartholomew?
>
> Eric Morecome
>

> > --
> > Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
> > "Go back, Jack, and do it again"

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Virgil" <ITSnetNOTcom#virgil@COMCAST.com> wrote in message
>> 27 (four fives and a the jack which has the same suit as the turned up
>> card)
> Each 5 with the jack is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
> Each set of 3 fives is a 15 for 2, 4 times for 8 points
> 4 of a kind is 6 pairs at 2 points each for 12
> Plus 1 point for the right jack ???

True. I used exactly the same reasoning. And then added 16, 12, 1 to get
27. Whoops!

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
> General Knowledge

> 2) In which European city would you find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fountain?
Rome
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?
John Grisham
> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
Algiers
> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
75?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?
SFO
> 10) What does NATO stand for?
North Atlantic Treaty Organization
> 11) KLM is the national airline of which country?
Netherlands

> TV Music and Film

> 9) True or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
False
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo number one?
> 11) From which movie does the following quote come from? You'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of
> your life.
Casablanca
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?
voice: James Earl Jones

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
Cameron Diaz
> 15) Which 1941 Best Picture Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
How green is my valley
> Sport
>
> 4) In which sport do Australia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cup?
Cricket
> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
Beijing
> 8)Which country's grand prix is held at Estoril?
Portugal
> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
Romania

> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tour de France
Mountain stages
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
Rod Laver?
> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
Football is not an olympic sport ;-)
Hmm... it was not Nigeria... so even without Roger Milla, I would guess Cameroon.

> General Knowledge
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?
Sicily
> 6) What was the name of the war criminal nicknamed The Butcher of Lyon?
Klaus Barbie. "Rat race" anyone?

-- Jarmo

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
> General Knowledge
>
> 1) Which style of Indian cooking is named after the clay oven in which
> it is cooked?

tandoori

> 2) In which Evropean city wovld yov find the Spanish Steps and the Trevi
> Fovntain?

Roma

> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham

> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?

Algiers

> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?

60th -- vsed to be 75th bvt then the jewelers worked ovt that more peopled
lived to celebrate their 60th anniversary than their 75th

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
> 7) In which city is Alcatraz prison and island?

between San Francisco and Oakland

> 8) What is the covnty town of Worcestershire?
> 9) How is Jvnction 6 of the M6 popvlarly known?
> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which covntry?

the Netherlands

> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
> with the money, what did she famovsly reply?
> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
> 15) Who owns the Paris Ritz?
>
> TV Mvsic and Film
>
> 1) Which long rvnning TV series is filmed in the village of Holmfirth?
> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
> 3) Who was the qviz-master on Ask The Family?
> 4) Which TV personality had a dog called Schnorbitz?
> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclvb in Eastenders?
> 6) Who dvetted on the 1976 nvmber one, Don't Go Breaking My Heart?

Elton John and Kiki Dee

> 7) Which Road did the Nashville Teens have a hit with in 1964?

Tobacco

> 8) Which gvitarist had hits with Peter Gvnn and Rebel Rovser in the 50s?

Dvane Eddy

> 9) Trve or False - the Pet Shop Boys met in a pet shop?
> 10) Which one of Take That was the first to have a solo nvmber one?
> 11) From which movie does the following qvote come from? Yov'll regret
> it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, bvt soon and for the rest of
> yovr life.

Casablanca

> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the svit?

James Earl Jones; David Prowse

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

a heart

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?
> 15) Which 1941 Best Pictvre Oscar winner, directed by John Ford, was set
> in a Welsh mining village?
>
> Sport
>
> 1) Which football team are nicknamed The Baggies?
> 2)How many Welsh clvbs have won the Heineken Cvp in Rvgby Union?
> 3)Which mare was the only horse to win both the Cheltenham Gold Cvp and
> the Champion Hvrdle?
> 4) In which sport do Avstralia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
> Cvp?

rvgby

> 5)Which city is hosting the Svmmer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing

> 6)Which Welsh football team play at Penydarren Park?
> 7)In which sport was Michael Doohan world champion?
> 8)Which covntry's grand prix is held at Estoril?

Portvgal

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian

> 10)What colovr jacket does the nvmber two dog wear in a greyhovnd race?
> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class rvns in the
> history of the game?
> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the
> Tovr de France
> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?

Rod Laver

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> General Knowledge
>
> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the
> Firm?

John Grisham.

> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?

Isle of Wight?

> 10) What does NATO stand for?

North Atlantic Treaty Organization?

> 11) KLM is the national airline of which country?

Holland?

> TV Music and Film
>
> 12) In Star Wars, who provided the voice of Darth Vader, and who was in
> the suit?

James Earl Jones? David Prowse was the poor ah heck.

> 13) In The Wizard of Oz, what did the Tin Man want from the Wizard?

A heart.

> 14) Who provides the voice of Princess Fiona in Shrek and Shrek 2?

Well, I just saw Shrek 2 last night...Cameron Diaz.

> Sport
>
> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?

Beijing?

> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?

Romanian?

> General Knowledge
>
> 1) From which island do the Mafia originate?

Sicily?

> 9) Which spirit is used to make a Bloody Mary?

Vodka?

> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?

Successfully? Lincoln.

> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
> cribbage?

Let's see...5-5-5-5-J could score 4*2 + 4*2 + 6*2 + 1 = 29, not counting
the play of the hand. I think that's the maximum.

> 14) Who was the mother of King Solomon?

Bath Sheba.

Haran

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Somebody claiming to be msb@vex.net (Mark Brader) wrote in

>> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
>> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>
> Spend it?

I believe it was, "Spend, Spend, Spend". She went bankrupt, and a play
(titled "Spend, Spend, Spend") was written about her.

--
Ted <fedya at bestweb dot net>
Barney: Hey, Homer, you're late for English.

hitesh wrote:

> The most intelligent thing Keith Willoughby ever wrote was the following:
>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
> 75th

No

>> 9)What nationality is gymnast Nadia Comineci?
> Romanian (or is she american now?)

Yeah, it occurred to me right before I asked the question that she was
probably a naturalised American now, so I amended the question. Forgot
to do it in the electronic copy. Romanian was what I was looking for.

>> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
> Nigeria

Nope. They won it in 1996.

>> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
> Andrew Jackson

Nope

I'm feeling kind of Limehouse Chinese Laundry blues

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Robert Israel wrote:

All correct.

Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

> In article <87oelfg4uj.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
>> General Knowledge
>> 3) Who wrote the legal thrillers The Pelican Brief, The Client, and the Firm?
>
> Scott Turow

Nope

>> 5) Which anniversary is traditionally the diamond anniversary?
>
> 75th

Nope

>> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
>
> New York City

Nope

>> 12)The leader of which competition wears the polka-dot jersey in the Tour de France
>
> time trial?

No

Rest correct

Michael, they have taken you away

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Bruce in Cleveland wrote:

All correct

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
- Jackie Robinson

Mark Brader wrote:

> Followups not directed to rec.game.trivia?

I'll explain it once more :)

Some people are only subscribed to rec.puzzles. If followups went only
to rec.games.trivia, they wouldn't see their marks. If you want to set
your followups there, I'll be happy to comply.

> Keith Willoughby writes:
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> I thought it was Australia, but that's a continent.

Not Aus. Close, though.

>> 13) When pools winner Viv Nicholson was asked what she was going to do
>> with the money, what did she famously reply?
>
> Spend it?

That was the gist of it, but she famously replied something more
specific.

>> 14) Which license cost 37.5p when it was scrapped in 1988?
>
> Radio receiver?

Nope. Radio license was a lot more expensive when it was scrapped.

>> 11)Which English cricketer scored the most first class runs in the
>> history of the game?
>
> Grace?

No

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Borg?

Nope

>> 4) Which of the tunnels under the Thames is furthest east?
>
> Deptford Crossing?

Close.

>> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
>> cribbage?
>
> Assuming this means when counting one's hand, rather than during play
> of the hand, it's 29.

While it would be an interesting excersise to calculate the highest
possible pegging hand, I think it's a little outside of the scope of a
pub quiz :)

I did once score "30 for 6, 31 for 14", though.

Rest correct.

The accounts and descriptions of this post may not be disseminated
without the express written consent of Major League Baseball

Keith Willoughby writes:
> I'll explain it once more :)
>
> Some people are only subscribed to rec.puzzles.

Then they can be presumed NOT TO BE INTERESTED in trivia quizzes.
--
Mark Brader "[It] was the kind of town where they spell
Toronto trouble TRUBIL, and if you try to correct them,

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

>>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>> I thought it was Australia, but that's a continent.
> Not Aus. Close, though.

Oh, of course. Got it now.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto "There are no new ideas, only new
msb@vex.net mouths to speak them." -- Linda Burman

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> New Zealand

Nope.

>> 5)Which city is hosting the Summer Olympics in 2008?
>
> Boston

No

>> 2) What title is given to the Member of Parliament who has been an MP
>> for the longest?
>
> Doesn't matter, he's in Lords and is stone deaf by now.

If he's a Member, he's not a Lord :)

Rest correct.

Curry for breakfast and cornflakes for tea

harry wrote:

>> 4) What's the capital city of Algeria?
>
> Morroco?

No

>> 12) Who was MP for Pontypridd before Kim Howells?
>
> The one who visited Clapham Common?

Nope, not Ron Davies.

>> 2) What was Corporal Jones's job in Dad's Army?
>
> Clive Dunn

I find you guilty of not reading the question. You are hereby sentenced
to 20 years of watching The Weakest Link.

>> 5) What was the name of Willmot-Brown's nightclub in Eastenders?
>
> Something with Green in it. Or did it just look like that?

Not green. And not a nightclub, either, now I think about it. It was a
wine bar.

>> 4) In which sport do Australia and New Zealand compete for the Bledisloe
>> Cup?
>
> Aussie Rules Football?

Nope

>> 13)Who holds the men's record for most Grand Slam tennis singles titles?
>
> Andre Agassi?

Nope

>> 14)Which African country are the reigning Olympic champions at football?
>
> Nigeria?

Nope. 1996 champions.

>> 15)From which Italian side was Denis Law transferred to Man United?
>
> Juventus?

Right city, wrong team.

>> 12) What is the most number of points that can be scored in a hand of
>> cribbage?
>
> 27 (four fives and a the jack which has the same suit as the turned up
> card)

Right hand, wrong score, as I see you find out later in the thread :)

Rest correct.

"Gehrig had one advantage over me. He was a better ballplayer."
- Gil Hodges

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia,rec.puzzles (More info?)

Virgil wrote:

All correct

"If any question why we died,
Tell them, because our fathers lied."

Haran Pilpel wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>> 6) Which island was formerly known as Van Diemen's Land?
>
> Isle of Wight?

Nope

>> 11) Who was the first American president to be assassinated?
>
> Successfully?

By definition, I think.

> Lincoln.

Yup.

Rest correct.

"Some cursed, some prayed, some prayed then cursed"

TRENDING THREADS