computer shuts down

my boyfriend accidently cut the power off to my computer by flipping the
switch on the breaker box in the basement.now
my computer keeps shutting down to where i have to hit the power switch
to get it to come back on. i get the error you see below plus a machine
check and machine regs error in the event veiwer log something to do with
the ntdll.dll. i renamed the old dll file and replaced it with a newer
version but the problem is still there. i havent added any new hardware.
the only new program ive installed is turbotax. please help TIA
Jackie
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 26
Source: Application Popup
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR
Message: Application popup: %1 : %2

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't
have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

a.. Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access
the directory in which the driver is installed.
b.. Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct
location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.

Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: status_log_hard_error
Message: Unable to Load Device Driver : device driver could not be
loaded.

Explanation
The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't
have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
missing or corrupt.

User Action
To correct this problem:

a.. Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct
location.
If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services

System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06
System Model DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD AM37307, 11/28/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
(xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 216.72 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.10 GB

map

"Jackie" wrote:

> my boyfriend accidently cut the power off to my computer by flipping the
> switch on the breaker box in the basement.now
> my computer keeps shutting down to where i have to hit the power switch
> to get it to come back on. i get the error you see below plus a machine
> check and machine regs error in the event veiwer log something to do with
> the ntdll.dll. i renamed the old dll file and replaced it with a newer
> version but the problem is still there. i havent added any new hardware.
> the only new program ive installed is turbotax. please help TIA
> Jackie
> Details
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 26
> Source: Application Popup
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: STATUS_LOG_HARD_ERROR
> Message: Application popup: %1 : %2
>
> Explanation
> The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't
> have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
> missing or corrupt.
>

> User Action
> To correct this problem:
>
> a.. Ensure that the program user has sufficient privileges to access
> the directory in which the driver is installed.
> b.. Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct
> location.
> If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services.
>

> Version: 5.0
> Symbolic Name: status_log_hard_error
> Message: Unable to Load Device Driver : device driver could not be
> loaded.
>
> Explanation
> The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't
> have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
> missing or corrupt.
>

> User Action
> To correct this problem:
>
> a.. Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct
> location.
> If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services
>

> System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06
> System Model DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
> System Type X86-based PC
> Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
> BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD AM37307, 11/28/2002
> SMBIOS Version 2.3
>
> Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180
> (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
>
> Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
> Available Physical Memory 216.72 MB
> Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
> Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
> Page File Space 1.10 GB

Sorry!

i dont have a windows xp cd my files are all on my harddrive
"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>> loaded.
>>
>> Explanation
>> The program could not load a driver because the program user
>> doesn't
>> have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is
>> missing or corrupt.
>>

>> User Action
>> To correct this problem:
>>
>> a.. Reinstall the program to restore the driver to the correct
>> location.
>> If these solutions do not work, contact Product Support Services
>>

>> System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 06
>> System Model DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
>> System Type X86-based PC
>> Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
>> BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD AM37307, 11/28/2002
>> SMBIOS Version 2.3
>>
>> Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180

well i took the side off my computer and cleaned it out and stuck a fan
next to it blowing on it and so far my computer hasnt crashed once. is it
possible my computer was crashing due to overheating ?
Motherboard 31 °C (88 °F) CPU 50 °C (122 °F) SAMSUNG SV8004H 21 °C
(70 °F)
this is what my temps are now .

"