Computer shuts down!!

zetaw00d

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
I need help!! I have a P4 2.4gb MSI 865P Neo board, 512 kingston value ram pc2700 333Mhz DDR, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro. My computer just shuts down while im playing counter strike. It shuts down like the power was cut off. I have replaced the board, ram and video card. It still happening. Im not sure if its software or driver issues, because i cannot find anyone with this same problem.. Please help. thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
And what powersupply are you using?
One of the major cauzes of shutdowns is insufficient power... or not cleanly supplied power.

<b>My Car comes with Hyper Threading enabled:
1970 General Motors Holden HT Kingswood Wagon :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
This is normally caused by thermal overload protection in the power supply. Try a different power supply, or at least open the side of the case and blow a desk fan towards it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

zetaw00d

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
I have an enermax power supply 550w with a thermaltake case. It has about 4 fans... I left the side panel open and it still does it.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
My roomate has that board shes had some auto restarts when her system is just a chugging. Probably the same issue with my is insufficient power regs or the regs are overheating either or I would suggest takeing it to a local shop and getting them to test the volts/amps comeing and going from yer power supply and key areas on the board where the power is being regulated.

-Jeremy

:evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5341387" target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:
:evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1400777" target="_new">Busting More Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:

endyen

Splendid
May be a silly question but is that a 2.4c or b chip. What is your fsb? are you running your ram in sync mode? In other words are you running cheap 166 mhz ram at 200mhz?