CD Rom Drive Open When Shutting Down Windows XP Pro

When I close Windows XP Pro, my CD Rom drive opens upon shutdown? I recently
upgrade to Windows XP Pro, and never had this issue before. I have SP2
installed. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thank you,
--
Donald
1 answer Last reply

    It's easy enough to open the cd from an exe or script file. You may have something running that does that. For example:

    --HaveACup.VBS--
    Set oWMP = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7" )
    Set colCDROMs = oWMP.cdromCollection
    if colCDROMs.Count >= 1 then
    For i = 0 to colCDROMs.Count - 1
    colCDROMs.Item(i).Eject
    Next ' cdrom
    --cut--

    Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Donald W." <DonaldW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFBEA577-E6C8-4495-8114-DE6B58F420E3@microsoft.com...
    > When I close Windows XP Pro, my CD Rom drive opens upon shutdown? I recently
    > upgrade to Windows XP Pro, and never had this issue before. I have SP2
    > installed. Any ideas what might be causing this?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > --
    > Donald

Windows XP CD-Rom