Msi vs asus gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat22

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
1. What is your budget?
around $1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 - 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
minimum 1600x900 or whatever the pixels are like

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
gaming laptop for when i go to university

5. How much battery life do you need?
don't really care since i will have it plugged in (most have 2-3 hrs anyways)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
skyrim - H, witcher 2 - H, dota 2 - h, gw2 - H, maybe some other games as well

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
surfing the web, school work

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb min

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg.ca but open to any suggestions to some good sites

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
until it breaks :D

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
not really important to me

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.

Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?

here is the link to 2 laptops that i was considering

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006741&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=32%7C34-230-141%5E34-230-141-TS%2C34-152-308%5E34-152-308-TS

Solution
Most importantly the MSI has better graphic card. The ASUS model's 2GB 560M is actually a 'gimped' version of the 1.5GB 560M found in MSI.

So unless you want to show off a stealth fighter modded laptop to your new uni friends, there is no reason not to buy the MSI.

anitechno

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
The MSI has:

- More RAM
- A bigger hard drive
- An extra USB 3.0
- A better webcam
- A better battery

For the same as the ASUS actually because of shipping. Everything else is identical.

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Most importantly the MSI has better graphic card. The ASUS model's 2GB 560M is actually a 'gimped' version of the 1.5GB 560M found in MSI.

So unless you want to show off a stealth fighter modded laptop to your new uni friends, there is no reason not to buy the MSI.

Solution

Captain Kirk

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
The Asus it better functionally were it counts like an Effective cooling system I would never consider any other laptop other than an Asus G series for the quality and cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS