Volume Icon will not stay in taskbar

I'm currently using Sound Blaster Value Live soundcard. Since upgrading to
Windows XP Pro, my volume icon will not stay in the taskbar even though the
box to display it is checked in my sound options. If I uncheck the box,
check it again, and click "apply, OK," it will appear there, but not after I
turn off or reboot my system.

Thanks,
--
Donald
1 answer Last reply

    Known issue. After I installed SP2 the problem disappeared. Don't know
    why and don't care.

    Doug
    ====
    "Donald W." <DonaldW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I'm currently using Sound Blaster Value Live soundcard. Since
    upgrading to
    | Windows XP Pro, my volume icon will not stay in the taskbar even
    though the
    | box to display it is checked in my sound options. If I uncheck the
    box,
    | check it again, and click "apply, OK," it will appear there, but not
    after I
    | turn off or reboot my system.
    |
    | Thanks,
    | --