Pub Quiz - 20040928

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Welsh pvb, blah.

GK1

1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?
2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?
4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
covntry?
6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession
be?
8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
the Rve Morgve in 1841?
9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
on his knee?
10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?
11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
his official Papal name?
12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
was left was the grin?
15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
Avgvst?

Sport
1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
rvgby team?
2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?
3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
Great Exhibition?
4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
White City?
5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?
6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?
7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic
games?
8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?
9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?
10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?
11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
12) Which horse set the covrse record whilst winning the 1990 Grand
National vnder Marcvs Armytage?
13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
both names)
15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?

TV, F, M
1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?
2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?
3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?
4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George
Adamson?
6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army
7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
Made of This)
8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
Pleasance, and Charles Grey?
9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?
10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?
13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?
14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?
15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?

GK2

1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
sitvated?
2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
3) What is the cvrrency of India?
4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?
5) Which diamond, whose name means Movntain of Light in Hindi, is part
of the British crown jewels?
6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?
8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?
9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
anniversary of American Independence?
10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
known?
11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
related to German?
13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
Thames above Oxford. What is it?
14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?
15) In which resort is the Labovr Party Conference being held?

--
Keith Willovghby http://flat222.org/keith/
"The secret of managing is to keep the gvys who hate yov away from the gvys who

"Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?

sternum

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> country?

Tanzania

> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?

Kiel Canal

> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Murders in
> the Rue Morgue in 1841?

Edgar Allan Poe

> 9) According to the nursery rhyme, who went to sea with silver buckles
> on his knee?

Bobby Shaftoe

> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?

Nigel Short

> 11) In August 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?

John Paul I

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?

sulfur (ph if in a Welsh pub?)

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?

duck

> 14) Which creature from a Lewic Carrol story faded away until all that
> was left was the grin?

Cheshire cat

> 2) In which US city do the Cubs and White Sox play baseball?

Chicago

> 5) In which sport could you use a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?

golf

> 2) The Color of Money was the sequel to which movie?

The Hustler

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?

Cat Stevens

> 5) Which 1966 film was the true story of the naturalists Joy and George
> Adamson?

Born Free

> 7) Which band had their first number one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)

Eurythmics

> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?

Dances With Wolves

> 12) In the 1970s BBC production of I, Claudiues, who played Claudius?

Derek Jacobi

> 13) About which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?

the Doors

> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Picture Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Paul
> Revere during the American War of Independence. What was it?

"the British are coming"

ObTrivia: Who said, and in what context, "The Norwegians are leaving!"

> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?

Labrador retriever

> 3) What is the currency of India?

rupee

> 6) What is the young of a kangaroo popularly called?

joey

> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?

Robert F. Kennedy

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hundredth
> anniversary of American Independence?

Statue of Liberty

> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?

bullet trains

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?

Islamabad

> 12) Which language, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?

Yiddish

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87vfdxoftc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
> GK1
>
> 2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
Unilateral Declaration of Independence
> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
Sternum
> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> country?
Tanzania
> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
Kiel
> 7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what would their profession
> be?
> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Murders in
> the Rue Morgue in 1841?
Edgar Allan Poe
> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?
Nigel Short
> 11) In August 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?
John Paul I
> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
Sulfur
> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
Duck
> 14) Which creature from a Lewic Carrol story faded away until all that
> was left was the grin?
Cheshire cat

> Sport
> 2) In which US city do the Cubs and White Sox play baseball?
Chicago
> 3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
> Great Exhibition?
Crystal Palace
> 5) In which sport could you use a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?
Golf

> TV, F, M
> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 about the streets of which city?
San Francisco
> 2) The Color of Money was the sequel to which movie?
The Hustler
> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
Cat Stevens
> 5) Which 1966 film was the true story of the naturalists Joy and George
> Adamson?
Born Free
> 7) Which band had their first number one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)
Eurhythmics
> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
Dances with Wolves
> 12) In the 1970s BBC production of I, Claudiues, who played Claudius?
Derek Jacobi
> 13) About which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?
The Doors
> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Picture Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Paul
> Revere during the American War of Independence. What was it?
The British are coming

> GK2
>
> 1) Scapa Flow is a famous anchorage. In which island group is it
> situated?
Orkneys
> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
Labrador
> 3) What is the currency of India?
Rupee
> 5) Which diamond, whose name means Mountain of Light in Hindi, is part
> of the British crown jewels?
Koh-i-Noor
> 6) What is the young of a kangaroo popularly called?
Joey
> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?
Robert Kennedy
> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hundredth
> anniversary of American Independence?
Statue of Liberty
> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?
Bullet
> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
Islamabad
> 12) Which language, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?
Yiddish
> 14) What type of fruit are galia and canteloupe?
Melon

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> Welsh pvb, blah.

It's Brains yov need. (How come no ones said this earlier?)

> 1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?

Greenwich

> 2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?

Unilateral Declaration of Independence

> 3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?

Blyton

> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?

Sternvm

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> covntry?

Tanzania

> 7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession
> be?

Nvrse?

> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
> the Rve Morgve in 1841?

Poe

> 9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
> on his knee?

Bobby Shaftoe

> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?

Nigel Short

> 11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?

John Pavl

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?

Svl\(ph\|f\)vr

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?

Dvck

> 14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
> was left was the grin?

Cheshire Cat

> 15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
> Avgvst?

Grovse

> 1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
> rvgby team?

Rodney Parade

> 2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?

In the regvlar season, In Chicago, New York, plvs wherever they go on
interleagve play.

> 3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
> Great Exhibition?

Crystal Palace

> 4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
> White City?

Walthamstow?

> 5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?

Golf

> 6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
> nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?

Greaves

> 7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic
> games?

1996

> 8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?

Everton

> 9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?

The Cvrragh

> 10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?

China

> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.

Nigel Mansell, Henry Cooper and Jackie Stewart?

> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?

Sqvash

> 14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
> both names)

Fred Davies

> 15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?

Svrrey

> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?

London

> 2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?

The Hvstler

> 3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
> second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?

GROT

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?

Cat Stevens

> 5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George
> Adamson?

Born Free

> 6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army

Undertaker

> 7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)

Evrythmics

> 10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?

Chas'n'Dave

> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?

Dances With Wolves

> 12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?

That bloke who was in Gladiator ... Derek Jacobi

> 13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?

Ladies and Gentlemen, from Los Angeles, California .... The Doors!

> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
> Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?

The British are Coming!

> 15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?

Dylan

> 1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
> sitvated?

Hebrides

> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?

Labrador

> 3) What is the cvrrency of India?

Rvpee

> 4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?

Transport & General

> 6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?

Joey

> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?

RFK

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
> anniversary of American Independence?

Statve of Liberty

> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?

Bvllet

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?

Karachi or Islamabad. Probably the latter

> 12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?

Yiddish (stop stealing qvestions of University Challenge)

> 13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?

Isis, oh Isis, mystical child (see TV15, above)

> 14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?

Melon

> 15) In which resort is the Labovr Party Conference being held?

Brighton
--
Gareth Owen
People will remember yov better if yov always wear the same ovtfit.

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

"Keith Willovghby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message

> Welsh pvb, blah.
>
> GK1
>
> 1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?
Greenwich

> 2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
> 3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?
Enid Blyton

> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
Sternvm

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> covntry?
Tanzania

> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
> 7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession
> be?
Nvrse

> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
> the Rve Morgve in 1841?
> 9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
> on his knee?
Little Bobby Shaftoe

> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?
Nigel ...

> 11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?
John Pavl I

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
Dvck

> 14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
> was left was the grin?
Cheshire Cat

> 15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
> Avgvst?
Grovse

> Sport
> 1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
> rvgby team?
> 2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?
New York

> 3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
> Great Exhibition?
Crystal Palace

> 4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
> White City?
> 5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?
Golf

> 6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
> nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?
Jimmy Greaves

> 7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic
> games?
1988

> 8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?
Everton

> 9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?
Pvnchestown

> 10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?
China

> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Henry Cooper

> 12) Which horse set the covrse record whilst winning the 1990 Grand
> National vnder Marcvs Armytage?
> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
Rvgby Leagve

> 14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
> both names)
Joe Davis

> 15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
Middlesex

> TV, F, M
> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?
San Fransisco

> 2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?
The Hvstler

> 3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
> second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?
Grot

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
Cat Stevens

> 5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George
> Adamson?
Born Free

> 6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army
Undertaker

> 7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)
Evrythmics

> 8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
> Pleasance, and Charles Grey?
Blofeld (from Bond movies)

> 9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?
> 10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
Field of Dreams

> 12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?
Frankie Howard

> 13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?
The Doors

> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
> Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?
> 15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?
Dylan

> GK2
>
> 1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
> sitvated?
Orkneys

> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
Labrador

> 3) What is the cvrrency of India?
Rvpee

> 4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?
Transport and General Workers

> 5) Which diamond, whose name means Movntain of Light in Hindi, is part
> of the British crown jewels?
Star of India

> 6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?
Joey

> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?
Martin Lvther King

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
> anniversary of American Independence?
Statve of Liberty (Actvally to CELEBRATE the anniversary. It was delivered
many years late)

> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?
Bvllet

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
Islamabad

> 12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?
Yiddish

> 13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?
Isis

> 14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?
Apples?

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Murders in
> the Rue Morgue in 1841?

Edgar Allan Poe.

> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?

Nigel Short?

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?

Sulfur?

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?

Goose?

> 14) Which creature from a Lewis Carroll story faded away until all that
> was left was the grin?

The Cheshire Cat.

> Sport

> 5) In which sport could you use a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?

Golf?

> TV, F, M

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?

Cat Stevens...can't recall.

> GK2
>
> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?

Newfoundland.

> 3) What is the currency of India?

Rupee?

> 6) What is the young of a kangaroo popularly called?

Colt?

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hundredth
> anniversary of American Independence?

The Statue of Liberty.

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?

Islamabad?

> 12) Which language, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?

Yiddish.

> 13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?

Isis?

> 14) What type of fruit are galia and canteloupe?

Melons?

Haran

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <87vfdxoftc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...

> Welsh pvb, blah.
>
> GK1
>
> 1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?
> 2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
> 3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?
> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?

sternvm

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> covntry?

Tanzania

> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
> 7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession be?
> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
> the Rve Morgve in 1841?

Edgar Allan Poe

> 9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
> on his knee?
> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?
> 11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?

John Pavl I

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?

Svlf[ph]vr

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?

dvck

> 14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
> was left was the grin?

Cheshire cat

> 15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of Avgvst?
>
> Sport
> 1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
> rvgby team?
> 2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?

Chicago

> 3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
> Great Exhibition?
> 4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
> White City?
> 5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?

golf

> 6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
> nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?
> 7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic games?
> 8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?
> 9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?
> 10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?
> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
> 12) Which horse set the covrse record whilst winning the 1990 Grand
> National vnder Marcvs Armytage?
> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
> 14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
> both names)
> 15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
>
> TV, F, M
> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?
> 2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?

The Hvstler

> 3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
> second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?
> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?

Cat Stevens

> 5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George Adamson?

Born Free

> 6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army
> 7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)

Evrythmics

> 8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
> Pleasance, and Charles Grey?
> 9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?
> 10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
> 12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?

D-d-d-d-erek Jacobi

> 13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?

The Doors

> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
> Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?
> 15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?
>
> GK2
>
> 1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
> sitvated?
> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?

Newfovndland

> 3) What is the cvrrency of India?

Rvpee

> 4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?
> 5) Which diamond, whose name means Movntain of Light in Hindi, is part
> of the British crown jewels?
> 6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?

joey

> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?

Robert Kennedy

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
> anniversary of American Independence?

Statve of Liberty

> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains known?

bvllet trains

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
> 12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?

Yiddish

> 13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?

Isis

> 14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?

melon

Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message news:<87vfdxoftc.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>...
> Welsh pub, blah.
>

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> country?
Tanzania

> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
Kiel

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
Sulphur

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
Donald and Daffy

> 15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
> August?
Depends on the country :)

> 2) In which US city do the Cubs and White Sox play baseball?
Chicago

> 7) The women's marathon was first included in which year's Olympic
> games?
1984
> 8) Which Premier league team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?
Everton
> 10) Which country hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?
Well... there were none held yesterday but I think you are looking for China

> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
Squash. The non-edible kind

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
Cat Stevens

> 7) Which band had their first number one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)
Eurhytmics

> 8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
> Pleasance, and Charles Grey?
Leader of Spectre?

> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
Dances with wolves?

> 13) About which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?
Doors?
> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
Islamabad?

> 14) What type of fruit are galia and canteloupe?
melons

-- Jarmo

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willovghby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:

> GK1
>
> 1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?

Greenwich

> 2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
> 3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?

Enid Blyton

> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?

Sternvm

> 5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> covntry?

Tanzania

> 6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
> 7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession
> be?

Nvrse

> 8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
> the Rve Morgve in 1841?
> 9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
> on his knee?
> 10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?

Nigel Short

> 11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?

John Pavl I?

> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?

Svlphvr

> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?

Eider dvck

> 14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
> was left was the grin?

Cheshire Cat

> 15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
> Avgvst?

Grovse?

> Sport
> 1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
> rvgby team?
> 2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?

Chicago

> 3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
> Great Exhibition?

Crystal Palace

> 4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
> White City?
> 5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?

Golf

> 6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
> nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?

Jimmy Greaves

> 7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic
> games?
> 8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?

Everton

> 9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?

Cvrrah?

> 10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?

China

> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.

Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill.... Brvno?

> 12) Which horse set the covrse record whilst winning the 1990 Grand
> National vnder Marcvs Armytage?
> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
> 14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
> both names)

Joe Davis

> 15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?

Middlesex

> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?

London

> 2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?

The Hvstler

> 3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
> second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?

Svnshine Desserts

> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?

Cat Stevens

> 5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George
> Adamson?
> 6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army

Undertaker

> 7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
> Made of This)

Evrythmics

> 8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
> Pleasance, and Charles Grey?

Ernst Stavro Blofeld

> 9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?

The shame... Langton

> 10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?

Dances with Wolves

> 12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?
> 13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?

The Doors

> 14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
> something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
> Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?
> 15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?

Dylan

> GK2
>
> 1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
> sitvated?

Orkney

> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
> 3) What is the cvrrency of India?

Rvpee

> 4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?

Transport & General Workers

> 5) Which diamond, whose name means Movntain of Light in Hindi, is part
> of the British crown jewels?

Koh-i-nor

> 6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?

Joey

> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?

Robert Kennedy

> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
> anniversary of American Independence?

Statve of Liberty

> 10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?

Bvllet trains

> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?

Islamabad

> 12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?

Yiddish?

> 13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?

Isis

> 14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?

Melon

> 15) In which resort is the Labovr Party Conference being held?

Brighton

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:32:47 +0100, Keith Willovghby
<keith@flat222.org> wrote:

>Welsh pvb, blah.
>
>GK1
>
>1) In which London Borovgh is the national maritime mvsevm?
Greenwich
>2) Rhodesia declared UDI in 1965. What does UDI stand for?
Unilateral Declaration of Independence
>3) Who wrote the Secret Seven books?
Enid Blyton (althovgh "wrote" seems to be pvshing it to me: she jvst
took an old Famovs Five book and renamed all the characters.)
>4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
Sternvm
>5) Zanzibar and Tanganyika joined together in 1963 to form which
> covntry?
Tanzania
>6) Which canal links the North Sea to the Baltic Sea?
Kiel?
>7) If a person had FRCN after their name, what wovld their profession
> be?
Nvrse
>8) Who invented the modern detective story when he wrote The Mvrders in
> the Rve Morgve in 1841?
Edgar Allan Poe
>9) According to the nvrsery rhyme, who went to sea with silver bvckles
> on his knee?
Bobby Shaftoe
>10) What was the name of the British chess player who lost in a World
> Championship match to Garry Kasparov in 1993?
Nigel Short
>11) In Avgvst 1978, a Pope died after only 33 days in office. What was
> his official Papal name?
John Pavl (he's now John Pavl I bvt he wasn't then)
>12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
Svlphvr
>13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
Dvck
>14) Which creatvre from a Lewic Carrol story faded away vntil all that
> was left was the grin?
Cheshire Cat
>15) The season for shooting which game bird starts on the 12th of
> Avgvst?
Grovse

>Sport
>1) What is the name of the home grovnd of the Newport Gwent Dragons
>rvgby team?
(yeah, everyone not in a Welsh pvb knows this.)
>2) In which US city do the Cvbs and White Sox play baseball?
Chicago
>3) Which English football team are named after the site of the 1851
>Great Exhibition?
Crystal Palace
>4) At which track has the Greyhovnd Derby been held since the closvre of
>White City?
(no idea)
>5) In which sport covld yov vse a mashie, a spoon, or a niblick?
Golf
>6) The top two England goalscorers are Charlton and Lineker. Who is at
>nvmber three, with 44 goals in only 57 games?
Jimmy Greaves?
>7) The women's marathon was first inclvded in which year's Olympic
>games?
1996?
>8) Which Premier leagve team are nicknamed the Toffeemen?
Everton
>9) Which racecovrse is sited 6 miles sovth of Dvblin city centre?
The Cvrragh (it's the only Irish racecovrse I can think of)
>10) Which covntry hosted its first ever Grand Prix yesterday?
China
>11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
>two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Frank Brvno
>12) Which horse set the covrse record whilst winning the 1990 Grand
>National vnder Marcvs Armytage?
(no idea)
>13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
>Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
Sqvash
>14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
>both names)
Fred Davies
>15) Which covnty cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
Essex

>TV, F, M
>1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 abovt the streets of which city?
London (bvt only if yov let me take yov by the hand)
>2) The Color of Money was the seqvel to which movie?
The Hvstler
>3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
>second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?
Grot
>4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
>when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
Cat Stephens
>5) Which 1966 film was the trve story of the natvralists Joy and George
>Adamson?
Born Free
>6) What was Private Frazer's day job in Dad's Army
Undertaker?
>7) Which band had their first nvmber one in 1983 with Sweet Dreams (Are
>Made of This)
The Evrythmics
>8) Which movie character has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald
>Pleasance, and Charles Grey?
Ernst Stavro Blofeld
>9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?
I can't remember that far back
>10) Who had a nvmber 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
(no idea)
>11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
Dances With Wolves
>12) In the 1970s BBC prodvction of I, Clavdives, who played Clavdivs?
Derek Jacobi
>13) Abovt which sixties band did Oliver Stone make a movie?
The Doors
>14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Pictvre Oscar, Colin Welland said
>something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Pavl
>Revere dvring the American War of Independence. What was it?
The English Are Coming! (or was it "British"?)
>15) What was the name of the rabbit in The Magic Rovndabovt?
Dylan

>GK2
>
>1) Scapa Flow is a famovs anchorage. In which island grovp is it
> sitvated?
Ovter Hebrides?
>2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
Labrador
>3) What is the cvrrency of India?
Rvpee
>4) The largest vnion in the covntry is the T&G. What does T&G stand for?
Transport and General
>5) Which diamond, whose name means Movntain of Light in Hindi, is part
> of the British crown jewels?
Kohinor
>6) What is the yovng of a kangaroo popvlarly called?
Joey
>8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?
Robert Kennedy
>9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hvndredth
> anniversary of American Independence?
The Statve of Liberty
>10) By what English name are the high speed Japanese passenger trains
> known?
Bvllet trains
>11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
Islamabad?
>12) Which langvage, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
> related to German?
Yiddish
>13) The wife of Osiris in Egyptian myth shares her name with the River
> Thames above Oxford. What is it?
Isis
>14) What type of frvit are galia and cantelovpe?
Melons
>15) In which resort is the Labovr Party Conference being held?
Brighton

--
David Brain
London, UK

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>
>> Welsh pub, blah.
>
> It's Brains you need. (How come no ones said this earlier?)

Bit of a local joke, I think.

>> 4) At which track has the Greyhound Derby been held since the closure of
>> White City?
>
> Walthamstow?

Nope

>> 7) The women's marathon was first included in which year's Olympic
>> games?
>
> 1996

Nope

>> 9) Which racecourse is sited 6 miles south of Dublin city centre?
>
> The Curragh

Nope

>> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
>> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
>
> Nigel Mansell, Henry Cooper and Jackie Stewart?

Yes, yes, no.

>> 14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
>> both names)
>
> Fred Davies

Nope :)

>> 15) Which county cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
>
> Surrey

No

>> 10) Who had a number 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
>
> Chas'n'Dave

I accepted this, but it's not what's on the record, I don't think.

Got some groans when I gave the answer, even thought he month/year is a
big clue.

>> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
>
> Labrador

One of the correct answers. I actually noticed the double answer just
before I asked the question, but forgot to edit it when before I posted.

>> 11) What is the capital city of Pakistan?
>
> Karachi or Islamabad. Probably the latter

Latter

>> 12) Which language, spoken primarily by Jewish people, is closely
>> related to German?
>
> Yiddish (stop stealing questions of University Challenge)

Never saw it, honest.

Rest correct.

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the
president or any other public official."
- Theodore Roosevelt

Steve Grant wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
>
> sulfur (ph if in a Welsh pub?)

Yes and yes.

All correct.

"Taffy was a Welshman, Taffy was a thief"

Haran Pilpel wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>
>> 13) From which type of bird does eider down come from?
>
> Goose?

Nope

>> 4) This singer was deported last week from the USA. What was his name
>> when he had a hit in 1967 with Matthew and Son?
>
> Cat Stevens...can't recall.

Yup, that's it.

>> 6) What is the young of a kangaroo popularly called?
>
> Colt?

No

Rest correct.

"I've had pretty good success with Stan by throwing him my best pitch and
backing up third." - Carl Erskine

Simon wrote:

> "Keith Willoughby" <keith@flat222.org> wrote in message
>> 2) In which US city do the Cubs and White Sox play baseball?
> New York

Nope. Well, only if you're pedantic as GWO :)

>> 7) The women's marathon was first included in which year's Olympic
>> games?
> 1988

Nope

>> 9) Which racecourse is sited 6 miles south of Dublin city centre?
> Punchestown

Nope.

>> 13) In which sport was Jonah Barrington a star in the 60s and 70s, and
>> Peter Nicol a star in the 90s?
> Rugby League

No

>> 11) For which film did Kevin Costner win the 1990 Best Director Oscar?
> Field of Dreams

No

>> 12) In the 1970s BBC production of I, Claudiues, who played Claudius?
> Frankie Howard

No :)

>> 5) Which diamond, whose name means Mountain of Light in Hindi, is part
>> of the British crown jewels?
> Star of India

No

>> 8) Who was assassinated in 1968 by Sirhan Sirhan?
> Martin Luther King

Nope

>> 9) What was presented to the American people by France on the hundredth
>> anniversary of American Independence?
> Statue of Liberty (Actually to CELEBRATE the anniversary. It was delivered
> many years late)

Yeah, I actually asked it as 'celebrate', forgot to change the question,
though.

>> 14) What type of fruit are galia and canteloupe?
> Apples?

Nope

Rest correct.

"Fill with mingled cream and amber, I will drain that glass again."

Jeffrey Turner wrote:

> Keith Willoughby wrote:
>> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
>
> Clavicle

Nope.

ObTrivia: What's the other name for the clavicle?

>> 12) S is the chemical symbol for which element?
>
> Silicon

Nope

>> 1) Ralph McTell had a hit in 1975 about the streets of which city?
>
> San Francisco

No. And if I marked that correct in other answer posts, it wasn't right
there, either :)

>> 2) Which breed of dog shares its name with an area of Canada?
>
> Newfoundland

And that's the other correct, answer, yes.

Rest correct.

"Not waving, but drowning."

> ObTrivia: What's the other name for the clavicle?

Oh, the neckbone's connected to the ... collarbone.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Marc Dashevsky wrote:

All correct.

Incidentally, if I'd left off "niblick" and just asked for "mashie and
spoon", is there anyone who wouldn't have got the question? "Niblick"
was a late addition, because i thought it might be too hard without.

"We are not the only experiment"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <87d6059rzs.fsf@flat222.dyndns.org>, keith@flat222.org says...
> Marc Dashevsky wrote:
>
> All correct.
>
> Incidentally, if I'd left off "niblick" and just asked for "mashie and
> spoon", is there anyone who wouldn't have got the question? "Niblick"
> was a late addition, because i thought it might be too hard without.

For me, mashie would have been sufficient.

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Here's the bonus round.

a) Name the top 6 goalscorers for Wales in international football (order
not important)

b) Name the five bands or singers with the biggest selling Greatest Hits
(or similar) albums of all time in the UK (order not important)

c) Name the 5 most populated cities in Italy (order not important)

(I swore I wouldn't ask any more city population questions, but with the
availability of citypopulation.de, it makes for a really easy bonus
round question. Rather than define what "city" is, though,
I'll just say that citypopulation.de is definitive :)

Monmore, hare's running

Stewart Houten wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>> 9) Which racecourse is sited 6 miles south of Dublin city centre?
>
> Currah?

Nope

>> 11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
>> two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
>
> Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill.... Bruno?

Yes, yes, no.

>> 3) What was the name of the company formed by Reggie Perrin in the
>> second series of the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin?
>
> Sunshine Desserts

Nope. That was the company he resigned from in the first series.

>> 9) What was the maiden name of Deirdre in Coronation Street?
>
> The shame... Langton

Double shame - that was her first married name ;-)

Rest correct.

What ain't we got? We ain't got mates

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> > Fred Davies
>
> Nope :)

ah heck. Joe Davis.

> >> 15) Which county cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
> >
> > Surrey
>
> No

Middlesex, then.
I can never remember which play at Lords and which the Oval.

> >> 10) Who had a number 5 hit in May 1981 with Ossie's Dream?
> >
> > Chas'n'Dave
>
> I accepted this, but it's not what's on the record, I don't think.

Tottenham Hotspur FC featuring the vocal stylings of
Mssrs Chaz, Dave and Ardilles

--
Gareth Owen
Font-o-Meter! Proportional Monospaced

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> Jeffrey Turner wrote:
>
> > Keith Willoughby wrote:
> >> 4) What is the medical name for the breastbone?
> >
> > Clavicle
>
> Nope.
>
> ObTrivia: What's the other name for the clavicle?

Collar bone.

--

David Brain wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:32:47 +0100, Keith Willoughby
> <keith@flat222.org> wrote:
>
>>7) The women's marathon was first included in which year's Olympic
>>games?
> 1996?

Nope

>>9) Which racecourse is sited 6 miles south of Dublin city centre?
> The Curragh (it's the only Irish racecourse I can think of)

Nope.

>>11) Three men have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year twice -
>>two motor racing drivers and a boxer. Name them for a point each.
> Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Frank Bruno

Yes, yes, no

>>14) Who was world professional snooker champion from 1927 to 1946? (need
>>both names)
> Fred Davies

Nope

>>15) Which county cricket team play their home games at Lord's?
> Essex

No

>>14) When Chariots of Fire won the Best Picture Oscar, Colin Welland said
>>something in his acceptance speech that had first been said by Paul
>>Revere during the American War of Independence. What was it?
> The English Are Coming! (or was it "British"?)

The latter.

>>1) Scapa Flow is a famous anchorage. In which island group is it
>> situated?
> Outer Hebrides?

No

Rest correct.

"Opinionated weather forecasters telling me it's going to be a
miserable day. Miserable to who? I quite like a bit of drizzle,
so stick to the facts"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:

> Here's the bonus round.
>
> a) Name the top 6 goalscorers for Wales in international football (order
> not important)

Ian Rush, Dean Saunders, John Charles, Mark Hughes, John Toshack
.... struggling now ... that fat lad from Celtic?
--

Gareth Owen wrote:

> Keith Willoughby <keith@flat222.org> writes:
>
>> > Fred Davies
>>
>> Nope :)
>
> ah heck. Joe Davis.

Aye

>> > Surrey
>>
>> No
>
> Middlesex, then.

Aye

> I can never remember which play at Lords and which the Oval.
>> >
>> > Chas'n'Dave
>>
>> I accepted this, but it's not what's on the record, I don't think.
>
> Tottenham Hotspur FC featuring the vocal stylings of
> Mssrs Chaz, Dave and Ardilles

Aye! Tottingham!

"Adventure came not from the half-starved, but from those who were
well fed enough to feel ambition"
-- William Beveridge