2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14' +
3. What screen resolution do you want? preferably 1920x1080 but one lower would be OK i guess.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? much more towards desktop replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? 2.5hrs+ would be fine.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? NOPE
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? - Run 9 tables of 888 poker, software called Holdem Manager 2 which reads data off each player on each table, calculates things and superimposes HUD back on each table for each player in real time. Also will be using autohotkey software along with it and maybe play music too.
Also planning to connect a 22-24' monitor when im playing at home.
Other tasks will be just general surfing and connecting to my 42 led tv for movies/tv shows.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb or more. SSD would be fantastic even if only 64gb or 128gb. Customizable laptop where i could shove extra ssd apart from the hdd would be the dream!!
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. www.flipkart.com
(Newegg and amazon and ebay international don't deliver here!
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2yrs atleast
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont really need any. just dvd readable would be fine!
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Preference of brands would be Dell, Samsung, Toshiba , ASUS, Mac(although i'll have to use bootcamp for poker),HP, Lenovo, Sony.. not particularly in order like that but what i mean is there are some brands outside of this which dont have good service/not famous enough in my country so prefer not to go with them.
If identically same i would prefer Dell, Samsung Toshiba or ASUS though.
13. What country do you live in? INDIA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Basically need a laptop which can multitask easily without overheating or making loud noise(like my old HP dv series for online POKER and i need to attach a monitor so preferably hdmi should be there too but i think u get cables for that so its not a biggie.
Dell XPS 15 and XPS 17 have option for 1920x1080 LCD and meets all your requirements.
I don't think you'll find SSD option in your budget range, especially for a 1920x1080 / Core i7 CPU with 8GB of RAM.
I could not find that option in the Flipkart listings. You might have to continue searching till you find a 1920x1080 LCD option.
1. Is the Dell XPS 15 customizable so that i could shove an extra ssd in later?
2. Say i go for a lower than 1920x1080 resolution and even increase the budget to $1500 then do you reckon i could get an SSD in considering also that an i5 will most likely be more than sufficient for me?