Notepad opens empty DESKTOP file on startup

This just started happening a couple days ago.

When I start up, a Notepad file titled "DESKTOP" opens automatically.

The first time, it had some text in it. I didn't know what it was, and I
deleted it and closed the file.

Now it continues to reopen with each startup.

Rest of machine seems to be functioning normally.

How can I stop this?
1 answer Last reply
More about notepad opens empty desktop file startup

    Notepad Starts With "[.ShellClassInfo]
    LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\Shell32.dll,-21787" When You
    Start Your Computer

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330132

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Mark M" <mmasonmd@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > This just started happening a couple days ago.
    >
    > When I start up, a Notepad file titled "DESKTOP" opens automatically.
    >
    > The first time, it had some text in it. I didn't know what it was, and I
    > deleted it and closed the file.
    >
    > Now it continues to reopen with each startup.
    >
    > Rest of machine seems to be functioning normally.
    >
    > How can I stop this?

Desktops Notepad Windows XP