Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Notepad opens empty DESKTOP file on startup

Tags:
  • Desktops
  • Notepad
  • Windows XP
March 16, 2005 6:53:13 AM

This just started happening a couple days ago.

When I start up, a Notepad file titled "DESKTOP" opens automatically.

The first time, it had some text in it. I didn't know what it was, and I
deleted it and closed the file.

Now it continues to reopen with each startup.

Rest of machine seems to be functioning normally.

How can I stop this?

More about : notepad opens empty desktop file startup

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:28:38 PM

Notepad Starts With "[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\System32\Shell32.dll,-21787" When You