Grandmars 9700 Non-Pro

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Hi.Does anyone have any experience with this card?There is a guy selling them cheap on ebay (£150).He has a very good feedback rating and i have noticed him selling loads of different Grandmars Radeon cards on ebay in the past so he seems trustworthy (as far as anyone can be on ebay!).Apparently Grandmars are the main distributor of ATI cards in China(and have nothing to do with the mother of anyone's parents).Do i have to worry about using a Chinese card on my pc(I am in the UK)?Is it reasonable to expect to be able to oc this card to 9700 pro speeds?
Thanks in advance for any help.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Maybe not, since your saying they are the main distributors of these cards in China. However, I would keep your fingers crossed until someone else replies because I have never heard of "Grandmars" cards, ever.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
Well i hadn't heard of them before i saw them on ebay but that is, i assume, because of their being Chinese.That would also explain why the seller is getting them so cheap.I can only assume they work fine as many people have bought them off this seller and have not complained in his feedback.I want to be sure all the same.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Sounds like a 9800SE.
Don't do it! (unless everyone else whos bought one says its a real 9700 np)

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
It must be a 9700 NP otherwise the feedback wouldn't be so glowing.There won't be any compatibility issues with it being Chinese though will there?Also,is it safe to assume that 9700s generally do oc to 9700 pro speeds?